android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2007, 04:02 PM

Lightbulb X5's 'predecessor' any good?

Hi all, I've been reading (and searching!!) your forums for a while; and have come across the M5. This is the closest forum i could find; and search didnt help me much.

I'm looking for a player with excellent audio quality, excellent codec support (official or unofficial i.e. rockbox), I would like to fit all my music on, which is nigh on 20GB but i would like at least 12GB. and any nice features. UMS really appeals to me, I run both Windows and Linux on a laptop. The X5 looks perfect in some respects. I really would like to stay away from ipod.
I work at a Sony retail outlet and find Sony's offerings inadequate in the storage department, despite my staff discount.

My Zen vision M broke and I came across the X5. It seems to be £40-120 more than my old vision M and apparently doesn't have the best of screens. Tbh I never really used my zen's screen to its full potential so I wondered about getting rid of colour altogether and thought about the M5? Theres some 20gb ones on ebay for £100 and £110(lp). Does anyone reckon it's worth it, and are they a decent player?
Of course I'd pair it with some sennheisers and cmoy amp and when im out Sony MDREX90's

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]