android
Old 05-07-2007, 09:27 AM

Default K3 v4.06 firmware

New firmware - haven't tried it yet - looks like something groovy going on with the UI

Press release

Direct download:
Blue
Lime
Red

A new version of the non-Korean MTP firmware is also available here:
Version 1.09 MTP firmware - I don't know what's new in this version though...

And apologies to a couple of people who sent me PMs a few months ago - I only just realised they were there, sorry!

Last edited by rob200; 05-07-2007 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Added UK firmware information

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-07-2007, 09:54 AM

Looks pretty nice, so I'm assuming if I download the green version (I have the black player), then everything (text, etc.) will be in green? If that's the case, too bad you can't download all 3 onto the player :/ Will give this a try later.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:22 AM

It says "Your device already contains the latest version of the firmware".
My firmware is currently VER 1.09 WA JN.. probly the update is just meant for korean sets?
My model no. is YP-K3JQB

EDIT:
You need firmware 4.03 KR to run the 4.06 upgrades..
Note before upgrading from 1.04/1.09 to 4.03:
-Its best to format your player first before upgrading, if not you MIGHT run into a problem halfway through the upgrade where it says not enough space for db image or something. If this happens plug it into ur PC, format, and then run one of the .exe firmware upgrades above.

Last edited by m1Lk; 05-07-2007 at 10:40 AM.

Old 05-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Banned

What's New in 4.06

#3 colours ( i chosed red)

SAFE TO DL

NEW
- 8 pictures or so
- Everything is Red/Orange
- Club/Dance/R&B
- Zoom function during pictures 100x, 200x, 400x
- In sounds Effects, you can choose between EQ or 3D+BASS
- Your picture now covers the entire screen when you change it to 200x

Others

-Pictures LOOK MUCH BETTER In 200X + THEY CAN BE USED AS WALLPAPER AT THAT SIZE
-Seem to lag a bit displaying graphics
-They got rid of bass and 3D but made them together, Bass was the best lol.. now EQ is

Wow K3 getting better each updates, REALLY IMPRESIVE

Last edited by Katalyst; 05-07-2007 at 06:33 PM.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:03 AM
General Audio Moderator

this firmware is amazing ^^ it adds better eq quality

also you can use the bass boost feature along with the user eq (just turn on the bass boost and change the user eq)

I am using the red so far and it looks great, i hope in the future the user will be able to change the visualizer settings apart from changing the dnse

Old 05-08-2007, 02:59 PM

I haven't downloaded or tried the new firmware yet, but does it also change the colour of the touchpad to red or green (from the default blue)? And does the firmware work on US model player? Thanks.

Old 05-08-2007, 03:28 PM

No it won't change the touchpad colour, I believe thats the hardware (either a blue cover or an LED - I don't know if anybody has taken one apart to find out - but I'm not going to try it on mine )

I don't see why it wouldn't work on a US model but, as m1LK says, you will need to make sure you have upgraded to 4.03 before trying 4.06.

Old 05-08-2007, 03:42 PM
General Audio Moderator

it only changes the ui color not the touch pad, the touch pad is illuminated by single color LED's

and yes, their is no hardware region lockout for firmware, korean firmware works great on the us model.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:49 PM

Alright, thanks for the response. I'll upgrade to 4.03 first then to 4.06

Old 05-11-2007, 10:05 PM

After upgrading to 4.03 then to 4.06 i lost the organization.. I cannot no longer see Artists/tracks in my music menu.. all the music shows up as files with their file names.. is there anyway to fix this?

btw, after installing this firmware, this mp3 player sounds 50x more amazing

Old 05-11-2007, 10:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ahil View Post
After upgrading to 4.03 then to 4.06 i lost the organization.. I cannot no longer see Artists/tracks in my music menu.. all the music shows up as files with their file names.. is there anyway to fix this?
The firmware is made to function this way, so there is no way to change it. MTP firmware displays the tags (Artist/Album) which are attached to the music file, making the file structure irrelevant. The UMS firmware is the complete opposite: Your can only browse your music by the file structure of the K5.

Old 05-12-2007, 02:42 PM

Default didnt work

i did the 1.06 to 1.09 upgrade and it was working fine, then i tried to upgrade it to the 4.03 kr version and now all i get when i turn on the player is a blue screen. i tried formatting and reinstalling the old firmware, but it just wont work.

i get the samsung logo and then a light blue screen with nothign on it. then, if i just randomly push the keys around something called manual mode appears.

how do i fix this ? i havent even had the player a week yet, i cant afford a new one so i definitely cant eff it up. please help

Old 05-12-2007, 03:01 PM

Default thank the heavens

i re-did the 1.09 firmware a couple a times and it finally worked. my heart rate is back to normal. my girlfriend would've killed me if i had destroyed her gift within a week.

right, now does anyone know what went wrong ?

Old 05-12-2007, 05:18 PM

I had the same problem too when upgrading from 1.09 to 4.03 ..since I didnt format my player, half way through the upgrade it tells me to free 18mb for db or something. Then when i turn it on i get the samsung logo and white screen as well.. What I did was I formatted my player (luckily my PC was able to detect it) and redid 4.03 again then 4.06
1 important thing to note:
-Upgrades for <1.09 (1.43 too?) requires the .rom and image to be placed in \DATA\ whereas for v4.03 you just place them in the root folder

Someone should probably do a video log of the whole firmware upgrading process and put it on youtube (like what many ppl do for PSPs etc) just to clear some doubts and ease worries. Mine's upgraded, so... :x

Old 05-12-2007, 06:42 PM

when i try and install the new version it asks me to make sure my device is connected before upgrade can begin. IT IS CONNECTED. fairly typical of samsung software so far. has anyone got any ideas how to get past this?

the exact process i have done is:
plug in K3 to usb
samsung media centre opens
update window opens automatically
click 'download' for the blue UI
click 'run', twice
then the offending message comes up telling me to connect the device.

thanks

Old 05-13-2007, 01:31 AM
General Audio Moderator

make sure that you have ums firmware 4.03 or higher before using the auto update for 4.06

Old 05-13-2007, 05:06 AM

sigh. why dont samsung mention that?

anyway, i no longer seem to have a 'data' folder on my K3 so nowhere to put the 4.03 update files. as with any sort of software with this device its just to much hassle to bother

Old 05-13-2007, 05:30 AM

For both the 1.09 upgrade and the 4.03 upgrade from 1.04 I put the files in the root folder and it worked.

Before upgrading from 1.04 to 4.03 I also cleared off all of my music from the device as when I had previously tried upgrading from the MTP (1.04) to USB (3.something) firmware I got the blue screen problem daneel described.

I don't have Samsung Media Centre so didn't have the problem adon mentioned - so could it be media centre that is getting in the way of the upgrade?

Old 05-13-2007, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adon View Post
sigh. why dont samsung mention that?

anyway, i no longer seem to have a 'data' folder on my K3 so nowhere to put the 4.03 update files. as with any sort of software with this device its just to much hassle to bother
I don't think they intended for people to go from the worldwide firmware to the korea specific firmware.

Old 05-13-2007, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacron View Post
I don't think they intended for people to go from the worldwide firmware to the korea specific firmware.
have any of you tried to upgrade via the pop up window that appears in media centre? or are you all getting it from another source and putting in the root, which i dont seem to have?

the pop up gives you two options, 'france' or 'worldwide'. i chose worldwide.

its the fact that this upgrade is direct from samsung, through media centre. i use media centre most days so the firmware should be totally up to date.