android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2007, 04:31 AM

Default Making your own playlists for Samsung YP-K3 / K5

Since this has been stickied, I should probably explain why we need the prog!

For people who have experience in managing your media files and synching your player with your PC, you'd probably find WMP or mediamonkey does the job quite well for K3 and K5s, and you probably dont need to use this at all..
And for those of you who have actually tried SMS5, you'll notice that everytime when you create albums (playlists), the program will copy all the music files on the list to your player, and you can choose not to overwrite the files that are already there. The downside is, you cant really sort them into folders in your player if you do so, well, at least for me I couldnt figure out how :/

So what happens if we want to just drag and drop our mp3s, sort them in nice little folders and create a playlist from there?
If you are using FW 1.04 to 1.09 (MTP versions), you can do this quite easily in Winamp's media library. Just find your device, create a playlist and add songs from your device to the playlist. Though after that the playlist file will still be invisible to the user :/
If you've upgraded to later firmwares, 1.43/4.03/4.06 (UMS versions), if you create playlists using SMS5, you'll notice that they are using .spl playlists, which can be found in your playlist folder. So if you already have your media files nicely sorted in your player, you still can create playlists easily on the go.. just follow the steps below.

Oh and btw, .wpl playlists should be supported too, but somehow I cant get it to work..

*The converter can be dlded at the next post*

Last edited by m1Lk; 07-13-2007 at 01:41 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]