android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung K3 / K5

Old 11-20-2007, 10:51 PM

Hey everybody

I have now tried to make an playlist in WMP11, and transfered to my k3. Works fine, my problem is just that the playlist stops at song nummer 270, eventhough there are about 200 songs more on the playlist I have transfered. Is there a max limit on how many songs there can be on a playlist on the k3??

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-26-2007, 04:59 PM

I got anYP-K3 about a month ago, updated to the 4.03 firmware and love it. Except...I cannot seem to be able to get playlists transferred to the player after hours of trying. I have read the posts, tried SMS, MM, WinAmp, and WMP, downloaded mfc80u.dll to save the playlists properly, but none of it ever gets my playlists showing up on my player. The closest I've come is in SMS. I can save playlists in the program, but everytime I transfer the playlists to my player, it duplicates the song files until I run out of space. Does anyone know how to transfer playlists to the player without having the files duplicated?

Old 12-28-2007, 09:43 AM

Default Making your own playlists for Samsung YP-K3 / K5

I just wanted to post a message after finally figuring out how to create playlists. After quite a few hours of trying, I finally downgraded the firmware from 4.03 to 3.05, and now SMS seems to be functioning the way it is supposed to. For whatever reason 4.03 would not allow me to create playlists either through SMS or any of the other programs like WinAmp. MM or WMP. The only thing I really miss in 3.05 (besides the ease of dragging and dropping) is the Bass Boost feature, but even without it the sound is still impressive. So even after all the hours it took for me to figure this out, the YP-K3 is the best mp3 player I've seen. Samsung software and their support, however, absolutely sucks. I emailed them 3 times over the past 2 weeks and haven't heard a peep out of them. The help I got through this forum, though, is what got me through this frustration. Many thanks to those who have posted previously and helped me figure this out. Hopefully, my post will help someone avoid similar hours of frustration.

Old 12-28-2007, 11:44 AM

Lightbulb Creating Folders In v. 4.06 K3 firmware

You can create folders on your player with version 4.06 firmware. I performed this by accessing the root directory, creating a folder (with not space in the folder name) and drag and drop the files in there. Make sure the folder name is in "Caps/Uppercased" as the other folder names. Using Winamp I created a playlist of the songs in the director as per the instructions given at the begining of this thread. All worked fine from there.

Old 12-30-2007, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakker3 View Post
After quite a few hours of trying, I finally downgraded the firmware from 4.03 to 3.05
Could you please explain how you downgraded the firmware or if anyone else knows please explain. I upgraded to 3.09 and now I cant upgrade to 4.03 or 4.06 and I cant go back to 3.05. Anything I try to do I get Invalid Image Size error.

Old 01-12-2008, 12:21 AM

how i can add autoplaylists (from samsung media studio) to my player?

Old 01-17-2008, 06:02 AM

you can download 4.10 from samsung site but remember its not MTP, it will turn your device into a UMS. Then you can just create folders in the MUSIC folder and put songs into them and use the folders as playlists

Old 01-17-2008, 03:17 PM

thanks for the app M1lk.

Worked perfectly on my P2. I was even running the app under WINE.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoken View Post
thanks for the app M1lk.

Worked perfectly on my P2. I was even running the app under WINE.
confirmed, this is the only way i got playlists working with the P2 in UMS mode (sync with winamp as m3u and worked perfectly)

thanks much

also, can you use it via command line? so i can just batch convert files?

Old 03-06-2008, 11:02 AM

Thanks it's works i have an YP-K3.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:51 PM

Thanks! Worked for my YP-K3, 4.06 firmware

Old 05-17-2008, 04:48 PM

Why do people say UMS is better than MTP? i can't see any difference, plus that stupid file manager is ANNOYING, why would you wan't that?

Old 06-02-2008, 10:52 PM

The converter is just what I was looking for.
Thanks a million ! Can't wait to try it!!

Old 06-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Banned

I would really appreciate the source to that app. It would be an interesting project for me, and I would like to fix the 1st song omission bug, add batch conversion, etc.

Old 07-31-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1Lk View Post
Since this has been stickied, I should probably explain why we need the prog!

For people who have experience in managing your media files and synching your player with your PC, you'd probably find WMP or mediamonkey does the job quite well for K3 and K5s, and you probably dont need to use this at all..
And for those of you who have actually tried SMS5, you'll notice that everytime when you create albums (playlists), the program will copy all the music files on the list to your player, and you can choose not to overwrite the files that are already there. The downside is, you cant really sort them into folders in your player if you do so, well, at least for me I couldnt figure out how :/

So what happens if we want to just drag and drop our mp3s, sort them in nice little folders and create a playlist from there?
If you are using FW 1.04 to 1.09 (MTP versions), you can do this quite easily in Winamp's media library. Just find your device, create a playlist and add songs from your device to the playlist. Though after that the playlist file will still be invisible to the user :/
If you've upgraded to later firmwares, 1.43/4.03/4.06 (UMS versions), if you create playlists using SMS5, you'll notice that they are using .spl playlists, which can be found in your playlist folder. So if you already have your media files nicely sorted in your player, you still can create playlists easily on the go.. just follow the steps below.

Oh and btw, .wpl playlists should be supported too, but somehow I cant get it to work..

*The converter can be dlded at the next post*
so does this program allow us to have the same song on multiple playlists without having the song file saved on our player multiple times and eating up memory?

Old 08-02-2008, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ango7 View Post
so does this program allow us to have the same song on multiple playlists without having the song file saved on our player multiple times and eating up memory?
yes.

I have uploaded the source code for those who wish to convert it to support batch conversion etc.
Sadly I do not have the player anymore and hence will not be able to provide further updates !

Old 08-17-2008, 01:26 PM

I may be tripping out but as far as I can tell the links to the program and to the source code are switched as of the writing of this post. I downloaded the one that didn't have source but couldn't find any way to run the program. Then I downloaded the one that said source and it did contain the program. I have yet to try it out but I thought I would clarify that for anyone else who downloads it and gets confused like me. Thanks for the program, I am going to try it out now.

Edit: Alright I followed the instructions and it worked perfectly. By the way, I used the music player Foobar2000 to create the .m3u8 playlist which worked great. I hate WinAmp so I didn't want to use that, and I didn't want to download a separate program. Foobar2000 works great for playing music, so I am glad I can use it for something else and not have to download another program.

Last edited by acidtreat101; 08-17-2008 at 01:47 PM.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:38 AM

oops, rectified!

Old 12-08-2008, 04:17 PM

i am able to creat the playlists in the PLAYLIST folder on my YP-K5, only when i want to open the playlist on my mp3player, it says "no file found" how do i get the playlists to work?

Old 05-07-2009, 06:38 PM

Sorry to say this but it failed for me, my Samsung YP-K3 got crasy and got a green screen so I cant see anything on it at all