android
Old 05-14-2007, 08:34 PM

Default help with a dead zen v plus...

okay..here is my problem..i have a 2gb zen v plus that doesn't work at all and its brand new..pretty frustrating,right?it doesn't turn on when i switch it on and the reset button doesn't even work..it was given as a gift so i can't bring it back to the store and creative doesn't have an office near my place so i guess that's also out of the question..i read something about disassembling it and reconnecting the battery and also throwing it against the wall in this forum and i don't want to do that till i've run out of options..any other options you guys can recommend to me?im pretty much frustrated right now..thanks..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-14-2007, 09:07 PM
ABI Invaluable

Whoever gave it to you as a gift might still have the store receipt for it. Talk to that person, thank the person profusely for the wonderful gift, but let that person know that yours has a problem and you need to exchange it.

There are polite ways to handle issues like these.

Old 05-14-2007, 10:20 PM

you did try recharging, right?

Old 05-15-2007, 07:04 AM

yep, i tried that too..didn't recharge..my pc can't even detect it..as for that receipt thingy,that's also not an option..guess i'll have to research more on this..

Last edited by crashonyou; 05-15-2007 at 06:31 PM. Reason: personal discretion..

Old 05-15-2007, 06:43 PM

i edited my post and ended up making this one instead after editing..hehehe..got my reasons..anyway,its ok now..i had to go with dismantling it and that worked well..albeit a few minute scratches to the sides where i opened it carefully with a little something2x,its working fine now..didn't mess up the plastic that much and im a bit happy bout that..i guess creative should have thought of something like a hard reset where power supply is cut from the board..that would have helped a lot..