android
Old 06-07-2007, 03:54 PM

Nice chart, dfkt. I've had my Mylarone X3's for a month now, and they've become my primary IEM's over my CX300's and E4c's....

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-07-2007, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driguez View Post
cool, just FYI E500 = SE530 and if you havent heard them please do, these are just awesome
I know they're the same (only model that's "shared" between the old E series and the new SE one) - I only heard the E2c - E5c yet, and am not really a fan of the analytic sound... but let's wait for the SE530 and see...

Old 06-13-2007, 05:46 PM

Got home to a happy surprise package on it’s long journey from Singapore, my new CrossRoads MylarOne X3 IEM’s arrived! I’ve loaded up pink noise to burn them in, but couldn’t resist listening to at least one song. What a crisp clear sound, definitely worth every penny, thanks dfkt for the recommendation (Big Up Mon). I’ll follow up this weekend after burning them in for 8 hours and taking some of my own pictures. In the mean time, here’s picture’s posted in dfkt post.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 06-13-2007, 06:00 PM

Good to see you like them... I was "forced" to lend mine to a friend who usually listens to a really good Minidisc player with $200 Sennheiser HD-25. He never heard good IEMs before and was really blown away by the X3's sound... so he simply took them. Let's hope I see them again...

Old 06-13-2007, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
... I was "forced" to lend mine to a friend who usually listens...
Must be a good friend

Old 06-14-2007, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Must be a good friend
Yeah, I only share ear wax with my very bestest friend.....

Old 06-14-2007, 06:48 PM

Default CrossRoads MylarOne X3

My early impressions of the CrossRoads MylarOne X3

When I first fired them up I noticed they were very good, but the lows were just not there, but after burning them in with 6 hours of pink noise and another 6 hours of B Marley I noticed the lows greatly improved. They now have a very good clean, crisp detail resolution (both highs and lows). The packaging is really cool, I can’t get myself to throw away the packing box from Singapore with the undervalued $$$ for customs purposes. IMO the build quality is very good; ya gotta love Y cables, light weight, and much less microphonics than my CX300’s.

Conclusion: Very good value/for da mula Mon

Old 06-15-2007, 10:20 PM

I ordered mine (that is, two pair) Sunday night 6/3 from JABEN and found them waiting for me when I came back from a business trip today (6/15).

I tried one pair for a few minutes, and so far they are everything I expected (except for being able to hear myself breathe between songs LOL)

I appreciate Ray's observation. I put bass boost on to get the level of bass I was expecting, I hope it comes natural soon as they "break in".

Wearing them over the ear is comfortable and removes the microphonics. They go into the ear easy and don't cause the pressure ache I experienced with the Sony's I tried.

I'll provide more info later... I need to unpack and spend some time with the wife first

Old 06-16-2007, 05:28 PM

As I promised some follow up pictures...the X3's XB's rock
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2123.JPG (23.0 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2134.JPG (27.8 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2137.JPG (29.3 KB, 149 views)

Old 06-16-2007, 06:10 PM

Hi Ray,

How loud do you push pink noise?

I have it set at a moderate level I can listen to in the ears. I'm trying NCH Tone Generator.

Since I bought two pair, it will be interesting to compare performance with and without break-in.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:23 PM

Usually you should break the phones in slightly above normal listening volume. But not too loud, so they don't distort.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:23 PM

Here's our Future Sonics Atrio M5 / M8 review: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...-m8-review.php

Read it and weep.

Old 06-24-2007, 10:07 AM

Probably a newbie question, but how do you 'burn them in'? And Pink Noise, what is that?

Old 06-24-2007, 10:14 AM

You leave them playing over night, or something similar - with slightly higher-than-average listening volume. Make sure thy don't distort, though. You can use bass-heavy music, you don't need specific Pink Noise samples. Pink noise might increase the speed of the burn-in process, but noone did any tests to prove that, AFAKI.

Dynamic drivers can sound smoother after some time, than right out of the box.

Old 06-24-2007, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothuus View Post
Probably a newbie question, but how do you 'burn them in'? And Pink Noise, what is that?
Good questions

1 Burn in is a process where you run music or pink noise through them at normal or slightly above normal listening volumes for 20 hours or so. The objective is to allow components to bed in and allow the moving parts of the edge of the dynamic drivers a chance to slacken off and develop more freedom of movement, this has an impact on how fast they react to the current flowing through them and hence changes the sound signature some.

2 Pink noise and white noise are made up of music sine waves which cover many frequencies. White noise to me has always sounded a little bit like the waves crashing against rocks on a windy day. They can be downloaded or bought in CD form from audio companies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_noise

Old 06-24-2007, 10:22 AM

Here's everything you ever wanted to know about "burn in": Head-Fi Burn In FAQ I totally forgot about that sticky thread over there...

Old 06-24-2007, 12:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardvark View Post
2 Pink noise and white noise are made up of music sine waves which cover many frequencies. White noise to me has always sounded a little bit like the waves crashing against rocks on a windy day. They can be downloaded or bought in CD form from audio companies.
Or, you can tune an FM radio to an empty spot between stations with FM muting turned off. The static you hear is a good example of white noise.

Old 07-29-2007, 06:59 AM

i have a pair of cx300's and am thinking about getting some mylarones but cant find them to buy (hint hint, anyone want to sell some ), or some v-moda vibes,which i cant get cheaply at the moment but i was wondering, because i have heard that the V's dont isolate much, but what is the isolation like compared to the cx300's, because i find them ample on the bus, and at school.

i just want a second pair to try out, as i wanna see what type of sound i like, what i prefer, but my ears are not very trained, and i can get the vibes (worn twice) at the moment for £11.50.

i need a quick reply please, so i know whether to bid on the vibes or not.

Thanks in adavance, Matt

ps. hint hint, anyone want to sell some x3's??

Old 07-29-2007, 09:12 AM
Ultra Senior Member

You can buy the MylarOne X3 at jaben.net. Skip the "Bundle" section and scroll down to the "Earphones" section. They are $57 with worldwide shipping included. Don't worry about custom duties; they'll mark the package as "gift" and underprice it.

Old 07-29-2007, 06:26 PM

Got my M5's in last week which are replacing my UM1s. If anyone wants a comparison of the 2, then just let me say, the M5's are way better. I also like the return of the bass frequencies....which the UM1's had little of.

Tags
earphone, iem, in-ear phone