android
Old 08-07-2006, 10:43 PM

Default Anyone having resume problems with Zen V?

I hope I'm just being a bone head and missing some obvious configuration option here, but I just got my Zen V today and downloaded a couple books to it and have been loving it - it's so small and I like the litttle stick interface. However, whenever I turn it off when I'm in the middle of a large track (6 hours, say) and turn it back on, it starts that track from the begining! Not good for audio books...

I downloaded the latest firmware from Creative's site with no change in behavior. Doing some testing it doesn't matter if I just turn it off, pause the playback first and then turn it off or pause the playback and wait for it to time out and turn off. In all cases when I turn it back on again the track is playing from the begining.

Does anyone else using the Zen V experience this? Did I miss some setting somewhere?

thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-07-2006, 11:12 PM
Editor

Mine resumes, but i havent noticed at what point it will stop resuming after being off.

The Zen V is very good at bookmarking. Have you tried that feature?

Old 08-07-2006, 11:12 PM

No - How do you bookmark your spot?

Old 08-07-2006, 11:17 PM
Editor

hold down the back arrow for a few seconds while you are in the middle of the book (or track), it will bring up a menu. scroll down one to "Set Bookmark". You can save up to 10 bookmarks.

Old 08-07-2006, 11:28 PM

sweet! That works good.

I still wish it was consistent about saving your spot in the currently playing track, however. I've been testing a bunch today - sometimes it does remember the spot if you just turn it off while it's playing (but not all the time) but if you pause playback and then turn it off (or it times out) it starts over.

The bookmark solution definitely makes it better, though... thanks.

-J

Old 09-12-2006, 08:51 PM

Resume doesn't seem to work all the time for me. I just got my player yesterday. When I turn it off while playing, it resumes fine, but if I hit pause and it shuts off due to inactivity I go back to the beginning of the track. Bookmark is okay, but it only brings you back to the point in the track you were at, and not the entire playlist. I've had a Zen Xtra for 2 years now, and that resumes correctly.

Old 09-26-2006, 09:26 PM

Default Figured it out

I struggled with this too but figured it out with a little experimenting:

The trick is to NOT push the pause button when you're ready to stop in mid-track, but to push the power switch and hold to "Off" until the player shuts down. When you're ready to pick up at the same point, just turn the player on and DON'T PUSH ANY OTHER BUTTONS! After the player boots up for several seconds, it will go directly to "Now Playing" on your original track, and a couple of seconds later, start playing exactly where you were when you turned the player off. I found this today and have been able to repeat it a dozen times.

Hope that helps!