android
Old 06-12-2007, 09:13 PM

Default How can I tell it's a Clix 2nd gen?

I am shopping online for a Clix MP3 player and want to make sure I get the second generation player. How can I tell? Is the name or model number of the player different? How can I tell whether an advertised player is the 2nd gen?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-13-2007, 03:53 AM

Smile Take a look at the pictures

Hi mgreen, Good idea to be careful. Here in Europe they still want to sell you the old model (which is a really good player as well)—but you are right, buy the new one. The good reasons for that have been discussed here already.

The problem is that iRiver Europe advertise the Clix (1st generation) as u10 Clix which is sometimes sold by retailers at a even higher price than the brand new and better 2nd generation Clix. It is ridiculous.

The new Clix (2nd generation) is much rounder and has a AMOLED display. If the player is advertised with a TFT-display—don’t buy it, it is the “old” one.

iRiver America is advertising the Clix 2 on their start page. Good choice, you will not be disappointed of this great device.

Best price here in Europe seems to be the ebay offer from the UK: 4 GB Clix 2 for 149 Euro plus 10 Euro shipping cost.

Old 06-13-2007, 11:51 PM

The clix1 is pretty much just rectangular and fairly big, the clix 2 is thinner and much more round. The clix1 has a special port for charging and usb transfer, whereas the clix2 has just a standard mini usb cable on it.

My Deviant Art page - they make great wallpapers