android
Old 06-17-2007, 07:35 PM

Unhappy YP-K3 not recognized on my pc

Hi @ all!

I'm new here and I'm from Germany so I appologize for my bad english...

Well the problem here is, that my girlfriend bought a YP-K3 two days ago and I can't get in running on my PC (Windows XP SP 2)
The PC recognices a new device when he's plugged in but leaves it as an unknown device under USB-Controllers.
I guess MTP doesn't work correctly here, so I de- and reinstalled Windows Media Player 10 and got a MTP-Kit from Microsoft Homepage. Didn't help so far...
After that I tried it on a friends PC where it worked well (also Windows XP SP2 + Windows Media Player 10) and did a firmwareupdate to vers. 3,05 from Samsung Homepage. Didn't help either.

So since I don't have any more ideas about what could help I'd like to ask you for advice...

Thanxx for any answers already!

Cya

Rittler

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-17-2007, 08:05 PM

I recommend upgrading your Windows Media Player to version 11. That's what I currently have and it recognized my K3 with no problems for MTP.

You could also try flashing the K3 to the Korean firmware. It'll turn the device into a UMS device, so it'll act like a USB flash drive. There's a sticky in this forum with information on it.

Old 06-17-2007, 08:54 PM

Got WMP 11....still not working.

I think I don't want the korean firmware since it has that uncomfortable menu-structure...

Thanks so far...still hoping for answers and ideas...

Cya

Rittler

Old 06-18-2007, 04:08 AM
Ultra Senior Member

This link may be able to help your computer detect your K3.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:20 AM

I allready checked that site before and my registry entrys are ok, but didn't help me thus far...

More ideas?

Thx

Rittler

Old 06-18-2007, 03:05 PM
Banned

Default this might help

this is a registryfix wich i got from another forum. U should use WMP10 & SP2. This will might help u to instal the player correctly .....
Attached Files
File Type: zip fixup.zip (7.0 KB, 508 views)

Old 06-18-2007, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rittler View Post
Got WMP 11....still not working.

I think I don't want the korean firmware since it has that uncomfortable menu-structure...

Thanks so far...still hoping for answers and ideas...

Cya

Rittler
Well I've XP Pro SP2, with SMS and MS's MediaPlayer updated to 10, and I still had the problem. Fixed it by Control Panel/ Add NewHardware/loaded up the install disk & told the procedure to access the internet & it found MTP drivers somewhere. I told it to go ahead & instal.
It worked.

Old 06-19-2007, 04:22 AM
Banned

Other Option: Go to your friends pc, plug ur k3 in there and download the firmware 4.06 from that link given below.
http://forum.generationmp3.com/index...ic=50458&st=20

The 5th post give u 3 colored links. Blue for blug menue, red for a red menue etc.

just download one file of them and run it. Make sure ur k3 is plugged into the computer.

after that safely remove ur hardware and turn ur k3 on. Now it upgrade should upgrade ur firmware. Turn it on a 2nd time and let it upgrade the colors or whateva( i dont remember exactly what it was... ).

If u connect ur k3 now to your own pc( where it didnt work before) it should be recognized as a standard usb-massstorage device.

ps: i heard u loose ur "Garantie.. " when u install that firmware u ur german. product, but seriously.. who cares. I mean samsung made a great product wich wont get failures that easy, yeah i still can happen but
i dont think it will :P

Old 06-19-2007, 04:38 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Rittler stated that the korean firmware wasn't desired, as it uses a different method of browsing (file-tree, as opposed to tag). If any of the above methods do not work then you may have to use it though. A great step-by-step guide for updating to Korean firmware, including all links can be found here.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:48 PM

Well, didn't work so far...but...

is there a way to get .ini files from .sys files?
Because I found out wich .sys files contain the drivers for MTP devices but can't force Windows to use .sys files as driver only .ini files.
Would be cool if anybody had an idea about how to get .ini files from .sys files or knows where to get .inf files wich contain MTP drivers.

Old 06-26-2007, 01:12 AM

Not sure if i'll be of much help or not, but I had a similar problem with my K3 about not recognizing the device. For me, Windows media player 11 didn't work so well, so I went back to 10, so I guess you can try to reinstall windows media player, but another thing I did was try using different USB ports around your computer, I think using the back USB ports seem to be a bit better, I had to try a couple of them, but apprently the one that I had my printer hooked up to was the one that worked =_=

Well anyways...good luck =p

Old 06-29-2007, 08:21 AM

I have the same prolem with my K5 i have tryed everything under the sun and it still seems like windows doesnt recognize that its there of that it has a driver :S

Old 07-01-2007, 12:48 AM

Default Fixup helped

My WinXP & WMP10 recognised my new YP-K3 after running the 'fixup.zip' that Buugmenot posted earlier.

N

Old 07-30-2007, 08:38 PM

Default manually installing helped

hithere,
first uninstall the (not working) player from your system configuration, then reconnect. when the assistant asks for software etc., you don't use online windows update or anything, but install it manually from the list, where you select the driver by yourself (mark "do not look, but install driver by yourself"). in the list you should find "portable devices", which you select, then "standard mtp compliant device, and THIS you install. The system tells you then NOT do do so, but we don't care, do we?
it worked fine on my machine, hope it does for you.

Meet frayndleeghayn greesayn
flint

Old 08-01-2007, 12:16 PM

Hi Rittler, already solved your problem? the one "ZattaPhaktThen" gave worked for me too!

Old 01-15-2010, 05:06 PM

oh well i also tried everything. actually i lost my CD. i installed WMP 10. then made the fixup posted by buugmenot then i followed the instructions by flint and it worked YAY. i dont know which part was the most helpful but thank you guys. now i can finally update my music