android
Old 07-23-2007, 03:21 PM

Default What can replace a 140?

Hi, after several years of happiness, my IRiver iHP-140 just died on me. So I'm wondering, since IRiver doesn't makes hard drive players anymore, which mp3 player brand and model would you people suggest me to replace my trusty 140, that would offer more or less the same features (at least 40gb, good customization, ogg compatible would be great, but not required, good sound, and I don't want it to be any bigger than my IRiver).

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-05-2007, 10:48 AM

You'll want to have a look at Cowon's iAudio X5. It's available with a 60 GB HD, good sound and ogg support check, if you don't like the software you can always run Rockbox. Main drawback IMO is the fact they chose not to have USB (as device), power, and line in/out plug directly into the player, so you have to carry along the little "sub-pack" to connect anything except headphones and USB OTG. It doesn't have your optical in/out (not available anywhere AFAIK), you can't use an unpowered external microphone, and the screen resolution is noticeably lower than on my H340. Size is pretty much the same.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:53 AM

Hi, thanks for the answer, I had forgotten all about this post. I'll check this out!