android
Old 07-30-2007, 01:23 PM

Default iriverstore.com, is it legit?

i might be buying the 8gb clix when it's available, and i was gonna buy it thru iriverstore.com(cause best buy and circuit city don't have it) but i never heard of that site b4. is it an "official' store or is it like third-party and is it legit? has anyone done business w/ em? if so, were you satisfied? thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-30-2007, 01:25 PM

Since I get a blank page (blocked by my ad-filter) with the following source code, I assume it's not legit... or maybe you mistyped the domain name?

Quote:
<frameset rows="100%,*" border="0">
<frame src="http://searchportal.information.com/?a_id=16753&adultfilter=off&domainname=referer_det ect" frameborder="0" />
<frame frameborder="0" noresize />
</frameset>

Old 07-30-2007, 01:37 PM

it's actually, www.theiriverstore.com

also, do they offer replacement plans in case of defective products?

Old 07-30-2007, 03:05 PM

Yes it's legit, you originally typed the domain name wrong as dfkt guessed.

They are an official distributor of iriver products, not a third party reseller. The site is well laid out and any information you need is right there, you only need to click around and read. For example, store policies regarding replacement of possibly defective products is located from the top green menu bar -- from an icon labeled "Store Policies".

Old 07-30-2007, 05:43 PM

i did not type the name wrong, i thought since this was the iriver forum, people here would know what i'm talking about w/out putting the whole url. it wasn't meant to be the url you type. if you needed info. on it, i thought you would just google iriver store.

also, by replacement plans, i mean similar ones that are purchased, usually like for 2-3 yrs., similar to the ones that best buy and circuit city offer if the product is defective. i don't mean 90 day period or manufacturer's warranty, as i have already read the site's info. sorry if you got confused.

Old 07-30-2007, 06:32 PM
Insignia Moderator

Well, you must forgive us. With the .com at the end, we thought it was the address of the store. Silly us...

Old 07-30-2007, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedriffster View Post
by replacement plans, i mean similar ones that are purchased, usually like for 2-3 yrs., similar to the ones that best buy and circuit city offer if the product is defective.
I believe you're referring to extended warranty rather than defective product replacement. Your previous question mentioned only defective product replacement.

As to whether theiriverstore.com offers extended warranty, I don't know, but suppose the information could be found on their site.

By the way ...as Tobey mentioned, I didn't have the URL for store memorized either, despite this being the iriver forum.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedriffster View Post
i did not type the name wrong, i thought since this was the iriver forum, people here would know what i'm talking about w/out putting the whole url. it wasn't meant to be the url you type. if you needed info. on it, i thought you would just google iriver store.
So because this is the iriver forum, we're supposed to be familiar with every single website that sells iriver products? If you had said "the iriver store" I probably would have googled it to find out the address. But since you said "iriverstore.com" it appeared that you were giving an actual address.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:39 AM

Ok, enough about that...

Closed Thread