android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision:M

Old 10-30-2007, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerozBooks View Post
I believe the connector is the same but I am not sure. I don't think it will work though; the screen might not fit.
OK thanks. My friend wants a screen for his ipod. I'm going to fit it for him so i'll ask if i can try it in the zen first.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-21-2007, 07:16 PM
Banned

I think screens in general are extremely specific to the model. Even a 1-digit difference in a part number may render the screen useless for a particular model. This goes for MP3 players, cell phones, etc.

I have assessed the demand and made a decision to carry the screens for the Zen Vision:M, Zen Vision:W and Zen V and V plus models.

Old 11-22-2007, 01:38 PM

please let me know how to get one of your replacement screens. my vision:M's cracked yesterday and i need to get it running again ASAP!

Old 11-27-2007, 04:35 PM

AerozBooks - please count me in as well, I barely used my CVM and the screen has a crack in the middle and I can't see anything (can hear though!), don't want to waste it if a new screen means it will work again!

Alex

Old 11-27-2007, 06:23 PM

Okay, so I dropped my Zen on accident and It didn't have a case (stupid, I know) so now I have the horizontal line syndrome. I haven't had it for too long, so the warrenty is still okay on mine. Is the only way to get this fixed is to send it back to Creative and let them do what the want to it?

Old 11-28-2007, 02:07 AM
Ultra Senior Member

LittleSanti: Be advised that damage due to accident or neglect is generally not covered by warranty. However, I'd still advise going ahead and sending it in for repair. Even if Creative charges for it, it'll still work out cheaper and easier than trying to fix it yourself.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:25 PM

Ok my screen just broke, i forget to take it out my pocket when showing 1st year rugby players how to position their bodies when going to ground, what's my best course of action and approximately how much would it cost to fix? Also i don't really want to buy a different player, not to fond of the Zune or Ipod
Logitech Z-3 speakers
Sony D-NE1 Atrac/mp3 CD player R.I.P

Old 12-11-2007, 10:41 PM

Okay, question:

So I didn't send my ZVM in right away because the problem wasn't bothering me too much and I didn't have the money right now to send it in. But last night, I was in the car and I was listening to my zen (don't worry, I wasn't driving ) and all of a sudden my zen went from the horizontal white lines that have been there since I dropped my zen to a sort of fuzziness with two thick vertical lines of skewed color. Now (I don't remember the exact moment when) the screen has much thinner much closer white horizontal lines to the point of it just looking like my screen has a white fuzzy haze.

Does anyone know what this means?

Old 12-12-2007, 12:09 AM
Banned

It means your screen is busted...and is getting more busted as time goes on.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerozBooks View Post
I think screens in general are extremely specific to the model. Even a 1-digit difference in a part number may render the screen useless for a particular model. This goes for MP3 players, cell phones, etc.

I have assessed the demand and made a decision to carry the screens for the Zen Vision:M, Zen Vision:W and Zen V and V plus models.
Please, as well, let me know when you get the screens in - I need one as well. Regards, Captain Peacock.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:19 PM

Default Hackish solution to getting a cheap replacement screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCM View Post
Ebay good luck tho because Creative doesn't sell replacement screens
If you buy a cheap $11.30ish keychain (only for the 1.5 in screen) and disassemble it to get to the screen, you can then rebuild your ZEN V plus with a new screen and save the cost of rebuying the whole player and loosing your music or paying a lot more to get it repaired.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:37 PM

Hello,
Sorry for necroposting. I have had a zen for quite a while. I had a lot of problems with the controls and then I sent the player back and it turned out the controls were broken. I got a new player and after that, troubles really began. One day I pulled it out of my pcoket only to see white lines on the screen. Went to the store, didn't get warranty, in panick forgot that there was creative support and opened it up (bye warranty) . My player is so allright but the screen is just broken. Anyone got an idea on what to do without spending another 100 euro.... aerozbooks, are you still looking for screens ? because if you find some and sell them on a good price I might take one.

Old 01-21-2008, 03:53 PM

I was just telling controllerboy in PM how I feel like the seam in the face of the placer is a fatal design flaw. In a player with a solid face, shock transfers differently: impact point --> terminus --> impact point --> terminus, causing the face to bounce up and down, repeating until the shock dissipates. When you interrupt this by making the face plate into two parts, what happens is that you have two shock waves: impact point --> seam --> impact point, and seam --> terminus --> seam. When the two shock waves crash together at the seam, you have an enormous amount of force at that point.

Each time it transfers shock to the seam, the shock will reverberate up, back down, and then out, to the edges of the seam. Since the corners here are unsupported, they are far more vulnerable to extreme shock.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
Creative ZVM 30GB #1 electrocuted
Creative ZVM 30GB #2
SanDisk Sansa m240 1GB
Creative Zen Nano Plus 1GB

Old 01-21-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burb View Post
If you buy a cheap $11.30ish keychain (only for the 1.5 in screen) and disassemble it to get to the screen, you can then rebuild your ZEN V plus with a new screen and save the cost of rebuying the whole player and loosing your music or paying a lot more to get it repaired.
Bad idea. The odds of this being the exact same screen that the ZVM uses are slim to none.
Creative ZVM 30GB #1 electrocuted
Creative ZVM 30GB #2
SanDisk Sansa m240 1GB
Creative Zen Nano Plus 1GB

Old 01-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scullyinfurs View Post
I was just telling controllerboy in PM how I feel like the seam in the face of the placer is a fatal design flaw. In a player with a solid face, shock transfers differently: impact point --> terminus --> impact point --> terminus, causing the face to bounce up and down, repeating until the shock dissipates. When you interrupt this by making the face plate into two parts, what happens is that you have two shock waves: impact point --> seam --> impact point, and seam --> terminus --> seam. When the two shock waves crash together at the seam, you have an enormous amount of force at that point.

Each time it transfers shock to the seam, the shock will reverberate up, back down, and then out, to the edges of the seam. Since the corners here are unsupported, they are far more vulnerable to extreme shock.

Interesting point! It just made me do a little poking and prodding on my ZVM's case. I found that light-to-moderate pressure placed right on that seam caused color distortion on the screen (similar to what you get when you press on a laptop display). I can only imagine that hard pressure or impact right at that point would definitely shatter the screen.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Bad idea. The odds of this being the exact same screen that the ZVM uses are slim to none.
Yeah, lol. When I saw that post I was like, "What?!" Hello? Its some fake little plastic thing. In fact I'll bet it doesn't even have a screen; its likely to be a plastic hollow shell image of the Zen V. LOL

Old 01-22-2008, 11:18 PM
Banned

Quote:

The real problem here is not the 2 separate body parts, its that the LCD screen is not mounted properly inside. Instead of a mount absorbing all the shock, the LCD absorbs it. If you open up a Zen MicroPhoto you will see what I mean. Unlike the ZVM, the Zen MicroPhoto's OLED is mounted the proper way inside a metal casing and the shock is absorbed into the mount.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:02 PM

Ok, so I finally contacted Creative regarding my broken screen (I know, it's been forever, but I'm lazy and it was really only a nuisance) and they said that to repair my screen it was going to cost $82.50. That seems really expensive to me, and I'm not sure if I want to spend that much money on a new screen. Is that actually a reasonable price? Or is there somewhere else where I can send it to get fixed for cheaper?

Thanks,

Emily

Old 02-12-2008, 12:02 AM
Banned

Nope thats actually the cheapest quote I've heard yet from Creative.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:52 PM

Damn, I pull my ZVM out of my pocket yesterday and I find the LCD busted.

Do you have any screens Aeroz? If not, do you know of anywhere I can buy just the LCD alone? Or am I stuck with buying a busted ZVM off eBay for the screen?