android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision:M

Old 02-24-2008, 06:06 PM

My ZVM lcd screen broke from negligence, but I had a warranty on it. Now that the players are no longer made by creative they are going to refund me $280. I was fortunate in that regard, but I still want to repair the screen. I would be interested in anywhere i could get one by itself, if anyone can tell me where to go for one it would be much appreciated, as of now I am bidding on broken player on ebay for a screen.

Thx

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-24-2008, 11:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmraggon View Post
My ZVM lcd screen broke from negligence, but I had a warranty on it. Now that the players are no longer made by creative they are going to refund me $280. I was fortunate in that regard, but I still want to repair the screen. I would be interested in anywhere i could get one by itself, if anyone can tell me where to go for one it would be much appreciated, as of now I am bidding on broken player on ebay for a screen.
You might want to send a PM to AerozBooks. I think he can help you out.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:32 PM

For MY ZVM its has BLACK AND WHITE grid lines but able see colors pixiels of the image/text/pictures/videos . Is that consider broken lcd screen? Anyone have this problem???

Old 03-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenChick View Post
You might want to send a PM to AerozBooks. I think he can help you out.
I'm actually a she.

<script type="text/javascript">enu_register("postmenu_220932", true)</script>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmraggon

Thx
My goodness if they are going to refund you that much money you might go for that option instead. But if you are dead-set on getting screen anyway, I do have them in stock. You can purchase an LCD screen from my website www.AerozBooks.com.

Old 03-08-2008, 04:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teabag View Post
For MY ZVM its has BLACK AND WHITE grid lines but able see colors pixiels of the image/text/pictures/videos . Is that consider broken lcd screen? Anyone have this problem???
If there are lines across the screen, yes that is permanent damage and your screen will have to be replaced.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:14 AM

I don't see fractures on my screen, but still it doesn't work. I had a battery problem but now it's fine. Perhaps I didn't insert the screen back right. Can you tell me how to make sure the screen is connected???

Old 03-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Banned

The white line on the connector cable must be completely covered up (or only a tiny, tiny sliver of white visible) by the gray latch when the latch is down.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:22 AM

curious if you still have zen vision M screens if yes how much and how does one go about acquiring one from you, a friend of mine accidently destroyed his screen
Cowon A3 30g (working just fine)
Cowon O2 32gb /w 8gb SD Card(brand new hooray)

Old 05-18-2008, 02:20 PM

Default Very strange screen 0_o

hey guys, ive searched the forum to find a solution but i couldt find any =/
the problem is the following: my screen has..ehm.. white lines and it flashes a little, it just looks verry anoying. i already used MP3 recovery tool but it didnt work. I think it isnt a hardware problem, since i think the problem lies with the software, here comes my question: anyone knows how to fix this really anoying problem?

thanks already and im really sorry if this is already posted at the forum (that means im a blindass XD)

Old 05-18-2008, 02:43 PM

several people have had this problem, i believe they decided that it was not fixable other than by replacing the mother board or shipping it to creative for repair, but i will try and find the thread(s) for you
Edit: here you go, there are some others to, but this is the most relevant thread i think.
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ht=white+lines

Old 05-18-2008, 02:58 PM

Here too : http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=18859

To put it straight : you're screwed. Mine has the same problem. Will take atleast 90 dollars for a new screen. I use mine as a tiny USB disk drive.

Old 05-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Thread: Very strange screen 0_o; merged.

Yeah, sounds like you need a new LCD in your ZVM. Now that the thread is merged, you may want to re-read it for ideas as to what your options are. Good luck.

Zen FAQ

Old 03-03-2009, 03:08 PM

I've got 2.5 zens and i'm trying to mix the parts to get a working one.

on one, the screen is black and doesn't turn on. Still plays music and stuff. If I fiddle with the connector, it sometimes turns white..

I've got another screen that works but the player hangs on the creative logo.

Are my screens broken? I don't see why they would be but maybe i'll try replacing screens since i've got 3 front plates here to work with.

Old 03-04-2009, 03:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrovo View Post
on one, the screen is black and doesn't turn on. Still plays music and stuff. If I fiddle with the connector, it sometimes turns white..

I've got another screen that works but the player hangs on the creative logo.

Are my screens broken?
I think you've answered your own question.

Zen FAQ

Old 08-05-2009, 09:41 AM

Default Another explanation for the ZVM white screen of death

Hi,

I attempted to revive a ZVM which I bought off ebay some time ago.

It had some latent faults with erratic controls but it looked cosmetically great and the screen was glorious.

As it was my first ZVM, I think I actually caused more damage to it because I was not experienced in its disassembly.

The screen became white with feint lines appearing vertically.

Its likely that I caused the screen to fail by trying to disconnect the screen by prying the motherboard apart from the casing and accessing the cable from the side.

This approach can easily cause the cable nearest to the motherboard to twist shear and split, especially if done repeatedly or clumsily.

Now I know the best way to remove the screen is by undoing the three top screws behind the motherboard first, and then lifting up the front screen panel. This exposes the top half of the motherboard, and it is then fairly straightforward to gently disconnect the screen connector from the latch.

Here is a photo of the damaged cable. Its really sad because the screen is perfect.

ZVM Screen Cable Damage.jpg

Old 08-22-2009, 02:18 PM

My Beloved 60 GB's Display Is Busted!

Long story short:

I was running from the parking lot at work into the office listening to my ZVM. In the process, it fell off my belt clip and hit the pavement. Wouldn't have been too much of a problem because I have the Kroo (?) Carrying case and it has saved my player many times.

No, I think what killed it was when I accidentally stepped on the unit. The unit plays fine, but I can't see a damn thing on the display. It's all white with a crack through it.

I've been in the market for the Archos 320 GB, so this is my excuse. But in the meantime, my question to you is:

How can I program playlists or select music from my PC?

And does anyone know of anyone in the Toronto, Ontario region who can repair it?

Old 08-29-2009, 11:24 PM

Default Zen Vision M LCD

I have about 20 of them. I guess that it is against the forum policy to attempt to advertise here. I just joined this forum so I don't want to get into trouble. I am not here to make money. I want to help people out and learn a little bit in the process.

I just listed one on eBay. If you go to eBay and search for the part number LTV250QV you will find it.

Yes, I will ship to you over in UK.

Gordon

Old 08-30-2009, 11:40 PM

Default LCD for Vision M

Look on eBay for LTV250qv.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:40 PM

Wow, this is a useful forum. So I think my Vision:M screen just got traumatized; amusingly I have no idea how - took it out of my pocket, turned it on and it looks like this:

Note the cracks on the right part, with the center in the bottom right.

I want to confirm that it is screen damage. Do you think that I should order this (know any better deals? shipping to US) and try to replace the screen (using this guide - know any better ones?)?

Old 08-16-2010, 01:25 PM

Default Busted Zen

Hi all,
I've got a Creative Zen Vision M 60GB, which I got a few years back (and it cost a fair whack!). I started using it again a few days ago and, sod's law, broke it today. It was in my pocket, I walked into a table (as you do) and the screen is messed up. Not a physical crack, but weird marks on the screen, and a vague flickering of what should be on the screen in the bottom right hand corner. The music still plays. I've read various things online and all of this thread, I'm not sure if what other people are talking about is the same though- people seem to be talking about white lines etc, which I don't seem to have. I'm not sure what to do with it now, if anyone could help that would be great, thanks!!