android
Old 05-18-2006, 11:56 PM

Default sansa e250 hard reset

Ive had the sansa e250 for about a month, it froze up. I reset it, installed the firmware update, but now 3/4ths of my memory is gone without any songs on it. Ive tried reinstalling the firmware update but no luck. Is there a hard reset option on the sansa to restore everything, not just user settings, to the original factory settings?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-19-2006, 06:45 PM

Default this is the response i got from sandick technical support.

Thank you for contacting SanDisk Technical Support.

We do apologize for any inconveniences.

Unfortunately, there isn't a hard reset, but I will insert instructions on how to format.

Please try to format the player as formatting it will likely correct the issue. Formatting will destroy all data on the player and get rid of any corruption. You would need to right click on the removable disk icon under My Computer and choose format, we recommend using the FAT file system.

Old 05-19-2006, 07:42 PM
ABI Founder

Thanks for sharing... The two ways i know how to reset would be to remove the battery or hold down the power button for 20 seconds. I dont know if that will fix the problem but it is worth a shot. Also, removing the battery is not a big deal all you need is a small screw driver. Once inside is is just like a cellphone battery.

Old 05-23-2006, 08:00 PM

they don't do hard resets. As with most players you just format the drive and reload the firmware. I just did that actually and now I get an error when trying to reload the firmware.

edit: doh. does help to disconnect and let the db refresh. Then reconnect and redo the firmware.

Last edited by dbpaddler; 05-23-2006 at 08:08 PM.

Old 12-25-2007, 04:15 PM

What if the removable drive is not detected? I plug the e250 in, and my computer doesn't even register that it's in. I've used different ports, and refreshed alot, but it still doesn't work, i even contacted tech. support, but they haven't gotten to me and it's been over a week now.
any help would be appreciated, ty

Old 12-30-2007, 01:42 AM

I need HELP, my Sansa E250 frozes when I turn it on at "refresh data" screen... BELIEVE ME, I've already tried it all...

Old 12-30-2007, 02:17 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Diego_Gunz, have you tried one of the ultimate fixes?

Old 12-31-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Similar problem

My problem is similar, but fundamentally different. I have the Sansa E260R and I was having issues with it, which is not the important part. So I formatted it, but I accidentally formatted it in NTFS and now it says not enough space for the music database. So I go to connect it and reformat it in FAT, but whenever I connect it to my computer now it freezes and the screen freaks out and makes an incomprehensable image which looks like the TV when it's on a bad channel that you don't have.

So is there anyway I can fix this that doesn't have to deal with connecting it to my computer.

I'd love if you guys would send me an email if you can.

mac0591********* or you can do it through the forum. Thanks.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:22 PM

Thumb Up Leave it to an administrator!

Thanks to EnzoTen!!! I have a SanDisk e250 that locked up and wouldn't boot up (how can you reformat THAT!) I used EnzoTen's tip on holding the power button down for 20sec (I was tapping repeatedly, then pounding, then banging... then sighing! - no results). Taking the back off and removing the battery was NOT necessary for me, but that was my original thought (didn't have a small enough screw driver). Thanks again to EnzoTen, it works!

Old 12-03-2008, 04:38 PM

Default try this

Try to format your sansa with Windows 2000,xp1 or crystal Xp,and format as a FAT system, My sansa view was half disk gone I did it yesterday with crystal Xp with success now i have all 8gb,first save your data on a file , so you can get it later after formating

Old 12-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Kookies, there is two different way formatting the e200 series. Plus what is Crystal XP?

Old 12-04-2008, 07:22 AM

Formatting the e200 instructions is just one of the posts under the Sansa e200 FAQ's here. Plus there is lots of other great info the FAQ's for e200 series owners ...

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 05-13-2011, 02:13 PM

Can anyone help me, I have a sansa e250 also and it was working fine and now suddenly it says Not enough space for music DB, please free 90mb..... problem is it wont turn on, not even connected to the computer so I cant remove anything..... i have tried holding the power button is there any way to just wipe it out and restart?

Old 05-13-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danniell View Post
... is there any way to just wipe it out and restart?
If you can get it to connect to a pc, I'd say just format it and re-firmware but since you can't. You might want to give the e200tool a try, there’s a nice guide here.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc