android
Old 09-10-2007, 08:18 PM

Angry No Player Connected...

I just bought a 4gb Zen V+ today and installed the software, plugged it in and.....nothing! the sync manager says there is no player connected. The media explorer says theres no player connected and WMP11 says theres nothing to sync with. Ive checked the device manager and it shows my device there and says its working fine, i can go to My Computer and click my player and look around on it but none of the syncing devices seem to work. my computer is a brand new laptop with vista.

anyone have any ideas?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-10-2007, 08:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Page

Take a look at this thread. It's for the Zen Vision:M, but it may work for the Zen V / V Plus as well.

Keep us posted.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:41 PM

okay, so ive tried everything from the link above and it hasnt helped. my problems do not seem to be the same as the problems stated in that thread, my computer has no problems recognizing my zen plus, in the device manager it shows it fine, ive tried to update the drivers and it says that the latest drivers are installed. the problem is that no software is able to recognize my player.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:01 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Ok. I did some research and found that installing the drivers and apps from Creative on Vista actually may cause problems. Try uninstalling everything from Creative. Windows Vista already comes with a MTP driver that works with the Zen V / V Plus.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:25 PM

Yeah, I have a Vplus and vista. Haven't installed any updates since I got it. No need, in my opinion since my computer already reads it fine on both explorer and wmp 11.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:17 AM

Just a thought. Try plugging it in while it is on. I have a zen v 1gb. Sometimes when the charge is low to the point of turning off, I can plug it in and it will say it is charging, but I can't access it through the computer.

Old 09-13-2007, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBacon View Post
I just bought a 4gb Zen V+ today and installed the software, plugged it in and.....nothing! the sync manager says there is no player connected. The media explorer says theres no player connected and WMP11 says theres nothing to sync with. Ive checked the device manager and it shows my device there and says its working fine, i can go to My Computer and click my player and look around on it but none of the syncing devices seem to work. my computer is a brand new laptop with vista.

anyone have any ideas?
It would be *really* helpful to know what version of OS you are running as that would lead to different potential solutions.