android
Old 09-12-2007, 04:19 AM

Default Zen v and Vista prob? help

I've just bought a Zen v but I also have Vista. What is the best way of getting my music onto my Zen v? Windows media player will not automaticaly pick up the zen v as a device for me to put/sync my music onto.

Is there a promblem with installing the drivers that come with the zen v from the cd onto my computer?

Thank you for any help. Great site.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-13-2007, 12:58 AM

Can your computer detect the v at all? Or do you see a connected indication on your player? Does it charge while plugged in?

First, plug in your player. If your pc detects the player (there should be a dialog box or a little icon on the lower right to indicate there's hardware connected). If there's nothing going on, try using a different usb port. If still nothing, try plugging in another gadget to test the ports.

If you want to use wmp you have to make sure you have the latest version of the media player (which I'm sure you have). You could try clicking on the sync access points tab. It's a little arrow under the sync option. There you'll find a refresh devices option. On wmp, there'll be an indicator that's telling you it's refreshing the list. When it's done, you should see a player there.

If wmp doesn't work but your pc sees your player and if your player shows it's connected, you could try using windows explorer to browse/add content.

I'm no expert, so you should also check with creative's site in their forums or knowledge data base or even here.

Hope this helps.

lorsban

Old 09-13-2007, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorsban View Post
Can your computer detect the v at all? Or do you see a connected indication on your player? Does it charge while plugged in?

First, plug in your player. If your pc detects the player (there should be a dialog box or a little icon on the lower right to indicate there's hardware connected). If there's nothing going on, try using a different usb port. If still nothing, try plugging in another gadget to test the ports.

If you want to use wmp you have to make sure you have the latest version of the media player (which I'm sure you have). You could try clicking on the sync access points tab. It's a little arrow under the sync option. There you'll find a refresh devices option. On wmp, there'll be an indicator that's telling you it's refreshing the list. When it's done, you should see a player there.

If wmp doesn't work but your pc sees your player and if your player shows it's connected, you could try using windows explorer to browse/add content.

I'm no expert, so you should also check with creative's site in their forums or knowledge data base or even here.

Hope this helps.

lorsban
Sometimes there is a glitch when the USB hub installs for the Zen. try going into Control Panel=> System => Device Manager and deleting the USB hub and then reboot. When the PC reboots, reconnect the player AFTER the full restart process is complete and see if the USB hub acquires the device. If that doesn't work search on the Microsoft Knowledge base as they had a fix or two for some early Connection issues.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:04 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel the dog View Post
Is there a promblem with installing the drivers that come with the zen v from the cd onto my computer?
Yes. The drivers that come on the CD are for Windows XP and will not work on Vista. Vista already has full MTP support, so it should have picked up your player as soon as you plugged it in and it powered up. If not, try the USB suggestion Lifter59 posted above me.

In fact, none of the software that comes on the CD is Vista-compatible. If you've already installed it, then you need to uninstall it - and hope that it didn't screw up your Vista MTP drivers, or you'll be looking at a complete Vista reinstall.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:16 AM

Thanks for the help guys and girls. BUT, My Wife sorted it all out for me when she got home. It turned out that the problem was that I am stupid and have no idea how things work.