android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2007, 11:09 PM

Default Struggling between this and the iPod touch

I was pretty much steadfast on getting the iPod touch (not an Apple whore [read my older post on that topic xD]) because of its built in WiFi, however I'm having second thoughts since I learned today that the browser doesnt support Flash. I don't really want to drop 4 bills for the standard Apple BS with the only upside being a dumbed down web browser...but then again, its better then nothing.

The Zen is awesome simly because of its small size (I'm assuming its a ZVM screen with a small enclosure), and, even better, the SD expandability. It basically allows you to "upgrade" your player as opposed to having to buy a whole new one. Looking on Amazon, I can pick up a 16 GB Zen, and a 4 GB SD Card, for a (at least for me) whopping 20 GB of flash based storage, for about $280, $20 less then the 8 GB iPod touch.

But I would REALLY like the web...so I dunno. I read on here that the Zen comes out the 26th (16 GB) and the iPod comes out the 28th, so they're about the same.

Idk maybe I'll get some biased comments but whats you're 2 cents?

Oh, and on a related note, is the Zen natively compatible with DivX or not? It lists it as compatible "with conversion", but if it needs to be converted, doesnt that mean its not supported?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]