android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen

Old 11-02-2009, 08:38 AM

Default Zen 16GB Power Problems -Recovery Mode doesn't work...

My Zen stopped working altogether, it will not power on or be recognised by the PC. The blue light at the side does not come on at all. I've tried recovery mode, but it wont even let me get that far. Really don't know what to do with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-20-2009, 02:17 PM

Default Possible suggestions

This happened to me recently on a trip to Florida. I was stymied as to how this could happen because I was listening to it the night before just fine. Thing is, I fell asleep with it on...thing just ran clean out of power to the point of being a brick.

I do have a small Motorola USB wall charger that I use for the headset for my cell phone and it's power specs fall within safe use to recharge the Zen. Thankfully, I had this with me. I plugged it into my Zen and still nothing worked. BUT, I did get a slow blue flashing light behind where the on/off switch is. This gave me hope. I left the charger plugged into the Zen for about an hour, still nothing...then I tried the reset button while this was plugged into the charger. I did this several times until I got a picture of the battery charging (with a red critical power level on it). Once this icon showed up on my screen, I knew I was in business and left it to charge for a bit while I went out to the beach. When I came back, everything was working and fully charged.

I don't know if there is a specific procedure for doing this but I am sure if you search the forums here, there are others with your (our) problem. I managed to fluke my fix out. My point is that try to see if when you plug the unit into a computer or a wall for charging, do you get a slow flashing blue light behind the on/off switch? If yes, there is hope for you. If not, I don't know what to do.