android
Old 09-26-2007, 02:24 AM

Default European pricing

A bit annoyed that you can buy a 16gb Zen for $249.99 (124) in the USA but we mugs here in the UK have to pay $282 (140) for a lowly 8gb version!

Whats that all about! Its cheaper for me to import one from the States!

Typical rip off we British are always subject to.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-26-2007, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker View Post
A bit annoyed that you can buy a 16gb Zen for $249.99 (124) in the USA but we mugs here in the UK have to pay $282 (140) for a lowly 8gb version!

Whats that all about! Its cheaper for me to import one from the States!

Typical rip off we British are always subject to.
Nah, not really. It is because the Sterling is its strongest point against the dollar in years and when you do the conversion it does look like we are being ripped off.

A better test would be to look at how many hours you would need to work to buy a big mac in your local currency and then work out how many big macs the Zen relates to in your local currency.

Do what I do, be grateful to Mr Bush and his economic policy and jump on a jumbo to the good ole US of A an spend spend spend.

Ps Samual L Jackson was on the Jonathon Ross Show last week and he was tellin the peeps that he had been married to Mrs Jackson for 37 years and that she loved travelling with him on promo trips as sge loved shopping. She did not accompany him on this trip to London as she was so depressed at how much she would have to spend to buy nice stuff in London

Old 09-26-2007, 10:36 AM
Banned

Everything is more expensive in Europe. I know that because my family lives there. Taxes, and what not...

With the lower US exchange rate, you could possibly try to buy it from the US... I'm not sure how that would work. But the lower dollar is gonna cause a boom amongst US exporters.