android
Old 10-01-2007, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kugel View Post
I'm gonna remove the reboot option in the next release.
Or you could make it work.

BTW, after some more Text-editor using I realized that the old keymap is a bit more practical... You don't scroll actually that often so that the wheel should be used for scrolling withing a line. REC + Play/Pause and REC + Submenu are OK and work well in the last build.
I dunno maybe keeping the wheel to scroll up and down would make more sense.(Play/Pause and Submenu should work as up/down too). What do you think?
Headphones: Technics RP-HT300 | Panasonic RP-HT202|JVC HA-FX55
Sansa Rockbox Themes: KratoGlass|KratoSky|KratoJet|JetoKrat

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-01-2007, 04:34 PM
Rockbox Developer

How can in make sense when you use left and right for going left and right, but turn the wheel for going up and down?

What I think? I am in love with the keymap!

Old 10-01-2007, 04:57 PM

I just installed this build and really liked it. I wanted to see how it was different from the one I used previously so I plugged the USB cable in so that it would boot to the OF to go into MSC mode.
I went to read the forums a little more and when I noticed that my PC hadn't recognized the Sansa and it was just charging I took the cable out and plugged it back in.
This time it didn't even see the cable. So I removed it and plugged it back in. Then the screen went black. I can't tell if it's on or off because it doesn't respond to buttons. What should I do?

Old 10-01-2007, 05:03 PM

Quote:
How can in make sense when you use left and right for going left and right, but turn the wheel for going up and down?

What I think? I am in love with the keymap!
OK. When I press the left/right buttons there is a chance to touch the scroll wheel just a bit and then the cursor moves to the left/right and the character is placed where it shouldn't be. That means I have to press REC + Submenu, then turn the scroll wheel again and then again carefully press left/right to select the character. Maybe simply disabling the scroll wheel or adding the last behaviour will be better.
Headphones: Technics RP-HT300 | Panasonic RP-HT202|JVC HA-FX55
Sansa Rockbox Themes: KratoGlass|KratoSky|KratoJet|JetoKrat

Old 10-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Rockbox Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylife View Post
I just installed this build and really liked it. I wanted to see how it was different from the one I used previously so I plugged the USB cable in so that it would boot to the OF to go into MSC mode.
I went to read the forums a little more and when I noticed that my PC hadn't recognized the Sansa and it was just charging I took the cable out and plugged it back in.
This time it didn't even see the cable. So I removed it and plugged it back in. Then the screen went black. I can't tell if it's on or off because it doesn't respond to buttons. What should I do?
In the first case I'm pretty sure: It did load only because it made the datarefresh; when you turn the Sansa on via plugging in the USB-cable and a datarefresh follows, then there is no connection to the PC.

I can't tell you what happened then. Normally it should initiate the PC connection after replugging the cable.

To figged it back in. Then the screen went black. I can't tell if it's on or off because it doesn't respond to buttons. What should I do?

Anyway, do a hard shutdown to turn the player off (I guess the OF just crashed for some unkown reason). Do this by holding the menu/power button for at least 15 seconds. After that, you can turn it back on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratonator View Post
OK. When I press the left/right buttons there is a chance to touch the scroll wheel just a bit and then the cursor moves to the left/right and the character is placed where it shouldn't be. That means I have to press REC + Submenu, then turn the scroll wheel again and then again carefully press left/right to select the character. Maybe simply disabling the scroll wheel or adding the last behaviour will be better.
Don't blame the keymap when you fail at using the buttons properly

I touch the wheel as well, but I don't turn it. So, I don't have this problem.

Just get used the keymap. I can imagine the keymap can be very useful at wps coding, since you have to correct much, which implies mass usage of the cursor.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:48 PM

The MPEG patch has been re-synced (you probably know that, but wanted to inform the others).

So you might want to add it.

Your build is really handy kugel.
Vielen dank!

Old 10-01-2007, 06:09 PM
Rockbox Developer

Yea, I allready noticed that I'm gonna do that tomorrow. It's midnight here, and I'm still learning for an exam :/

Bitte schön!

Old 10-01-2007, 07:00 PM

hey im liking your build, its not bloated and thats good

just one patch request and looking it up, you may not even be able to add, but i really like the quick menu patch in cpchans build where you hold down the select button and it takes you to the user definable custom menu. but it appears that charles wrote that so maybe you cannot use that.

keep up the good work

Old 10-02-2007, 12:47 PM
Rockbox Developer

Sorry for the delay guys, I know you are waiting for the mpeg player patch. But I need to fix my patch script first. Just a few minutes please.

€dit: The script is working, but custom line patch not >_>

Old 10-02-2007, 03:57 PM

Have Just Installed this and early signs are excellent, thanks very much for this, I had a quick go of doom!! wow!!

Old 10-02-2007, 05:03 PM
Rockbox Developer

Guys, I'm sorry. I can't update atm, because since today ymargin has a bug, which makes compiling impossible.

Without ymargin, custom list/menu doesn't work, which would screw up some of the preinstalled themes.

But my build system and patch script is working, which means, as soon as ymargin is working again, I will be able to offer you a new fancy version of kugel.'s build.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:03 PM

I'm getting a codec error with your build when I try to play mp3 files. I downloaded the full build and extracted the contents just like I do with the other builds. Any ideas?

Old 10-03-2007, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Sorry for the delay guys, I know you are waiting for the mpeg player patch. But I need to fix my patch script first. Just a few minutes please.
This is one of the main ones I want once thats patched I will be using this build. I would love to have the reboot option fixed or removed.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:24 AM
Rockbox Developer

Update: 10/1/2007 - Update-version
Added FS#7487 - mpegplayer - video start time seek with resume
Added FS#4760 - RockCalendar[/url]
Updated FS#4733 - Multifont
Updated FS#5900 - Custom WPS Line
Removed Reboot option in power menu
Updated to revision r14969

Old 10-03-2007, 09:20 PM

Just downloaded & copied to my Sansa, still seems to be the same build, no MPEG player change & reboot option is still there. Running portable firefox so it dumps everything on close (temp files).

Will try again & see if it updates.

Edit: Ok I downloaded the update version, I always download the full version I guess that hasn't been updated yet. Suggest you put the last updated date next to the downloads so you can tell what file is the most recent.

Your build looks great now, no crashes so far which is a major bonus compared to the other build I was using.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:05 AM

So when you download the updates you just unzip that file to the sansa's rockbox file and it automatically updates the build?

I downloaded this build, and so far I really enjoy it! I found out that if you don't remove the original rockbox folder then everything is saved into the build, very nice. I'm diggin the COWON theme, very nice indeed! So yeah, everything is looking good, I'll just have to unzip the update (It took a few tries to download the full build so I downloaded the update and unzipped that before the actual build so naturally it did nothing

For the pictures and videos, how exactly would you put those onto the sansa? When I go to the pictures/videos section, I have nothing, but in the OF I can watch my pics and videos that I have on there.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:03 AM
Rockbox Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCitizen View Post
Just downloaded & copied to my Sansa, still seems to be the same build, no MPEG player change & reboot option is still there. Running portable firefox so it dumps everything on close (temp files).

Will try again & see if it updates.

Edit: Ok I downloaded the update version, I always download the full version I guess that hasn't been updated yet. Suggest you put the last updated date next to the downloads so you can tell what file is the most recent.

Your build looks great now, no crashes so far which is a major bonus compared to the other build I was using.
Sorry, but I explained in my post what to download. There is said, that you need both full build and update version when there is an update version. This means, an update version is ALLWAYS more recent. When I update the full build, then there won't be an update version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer777 View Post
So when you download the updates you just unzip that file to the sansa's rockbox file and it automatically updates the build?

I downloaded this build, and so far I really enjoy it! I found out that if you don't remove the original rockbox folder then everything is saved into the build, very nice. I'm diggin the COWON theme, very nice indeed! So yeah, everything is looking good, I'll just have to unzip the update (It took a few tries to download the full build so I downloaded the update and unzipped that before the actual build so naturally it did nothing

For the pictures and videos, how exactly would you put those onto the sansa? When I go to the pictures/videos section, I have nothing, but in the OF I can watch my pics and videos that I have on there.
I'd like to redirect you to the several FAQ and Guides, like this one: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=12554

At both of you, nice to hear that you enjoy my build. I do it as well

Old 10-04-2007, 06:58 PM

i downloaded ur build .. i love it .. esp the rockbox doom wad. that games awwesome. but great job with the build

Old 10-05-2007, 04:51 PM

one thing about the doom patch---the scrollwheel is great, i love the stealth factor. the only thing is i can't figure out how to change guns. how do you do this?

Old 10-06-2007, 01:08 PM
Rockbox Developer

You need to assign the keys in the screen before the actual game starts.

Closed Thread

Tags
build, custom, e200, kugel, rockbox, simulator