android
Old 10-01-2007, 10:22 PM

Default MEV30 won't turn on

I've been using my gigabeat now for 2 months w/ no problems. I just ran the battery dead a couple days ago, which I have done before, and it's been no problem, but now, even after plugging it in, in multiple different working outlets, it won't show that it's charging or turn on. I've tried resetting it, turning the battery off, and intertwining those two steps together, but nothing works. If anyone knows anything about fixing this, I need the help. Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-26-2007, 12:20 AM

use a pin to hit the reset button.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:49 PM

Make sure you turn the batter back to on before doing this, or you will feel quite silly (like I did the first time).

Plug the Gigabeat back into the AC power and leave it there to charge for a few hours. Don't touch it, I had this problem and I just put it on the charge for a good few hours and left it alone (sometimes even machines need their own space). When I can back it had decided not to be mad at me and it started to work again. I had no more dramas after that.

Give it some time to recover, you've run the battery so dead, there probably isn't enough power left to display the battery icon.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who know binary and those who don't.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Just to say something, Try and avoid running the battery down all the way. Li-Ion batteries don't like to be fully discharged, it shortens there life.
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
Motorola Droid razr m