android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Insignia > Insignia Pilot

Old 12-31-2007, 01:09 AM

Default ** Folder mode button functionality **

I realize that this is probably not feasible, but I have to ask:

When in folder mode, the "menu" button should really act like a context menu for the selected item, rather than the "Play/Pause" button.

If I want to play the song, "Play/Pause" is fine, but if I want to delete it, or do something else, like add it to "Now Playing", the menu button makes more sense to me. It certainly should NOT take me all the way back to the main menu without at least asking me first. Perhaps "Exit to Main Menu" could be one of the choices on the pop-up menu.

This would fit in with the other requests for on-the-fly playlist editing.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-31-2007, 04:29 AM

Wallpaper please im begging you

Old 12-31-2007, 08:22 AM

Default Wallpaper

I second the motion.

Wallpaper, or even better, custom theming with icons for the menus.

If my PSP can do it (OK, with "custom" firmware) you can too!

Old 12-31-2007, 11:35 AM

Default BUG: Progressive JPG images display as blank album art

I've verified that if you save a progressive JPG file as an ID3 tag-embedded cover image, it will display as a black box on the pilot, if the file is copied over via MSC/Windows Explorer.

If the file is synched via Rhapsody/Best Buy Music store/MPT, the artwork will be correctly displayed (perhaps it's converted along with the bitrate mangling?)

This appears to me to be a bug, but either way, progressive JPG's should be supported.

Thanks

Old 01-03-2008, 01:01 PM

Default BUG: 18+ hour file playback time issue

Noticed in another thread, don't have anything files long enough to confirm this, though.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:59 AM

Default ** Save FRS Radio Data in tags when recording FM Radio **

It would be great if the station ID, program name, recording start time, etc could be stored in the tags when recording from the FM radio.

If the FM timer request is ever implemented, this would make it much easier to figure out which track is which.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:01 AM

Default * FM Timer Recording #24 - yes *

voting in favor of FM Timer recording

Old 01-06-2008, 11:44 AM

Default BUG: volume control with bluetooth

I have two bluetooth A2DP receivers: a Jabra 8010 headset, and a Sony HWS-BTA2W adapter for regular speakers. For both devices, the volume control on the Pilot has no effect at all.

I know it can work, because my WM6 phone also has A2DP output, and the volume control works on the phone.

It's especially a problem for the Sony, because I'm broadcasting to speakers on the other side of the room, and I have to get up and walk over every time I want to adjust the volume. Really defeats the purpose!

Old 01-06-2008, 11:52 AM

Default votes

YES votes:
#1 (resume after sync)
#26 (FLAC)
#13 (on-the-fly playlists)
#1c (Play/Add in folder menu)
#4 (copy/paste files)
#15 (disable communication, use USB for charging only)

NO votes:
#28, #29, #30 (games)
#2c (ignore word "The")

Old 01-06-2008, 01:02 PM

Yes to: #38 (AAC support). I have a friend who would seriously buy one if it could play her music from iTunes. On (justified?) assumption that m4a files are unprotected AAC, I'd like to vote for it.

To avoid voting for everything, I'll retract my vote for #8. Scrubbing through the lists is tedious, but I'm not entirely sure how you could implement a search that would take less time (scroll through first letter, hit select, then scroll through names?)

New ideas:
4c <FCR>: Option in settings (on the audio menu? easiest to find there when pressing the rocker; most applicable) to use the ratings rocker as a dedicated volume control. I find it a lot easier to locate and manipulate in-pocket than the wheel... I've found I have a tendancy to press a button instead, and fumble the thing while trying to quiet a sudden blast of noise.
Left = Volume down
Right = Volume up
Press = (unchanged)
Retain the star ratings when the mode is switched on, and it'd be great (just change the function of the star switch)

Further thoughts:
When the Pilot is changed to left-handed mode, the rating rocker flips as well, so that pushing right still adds a star. The volume controls should also swap. While you can't see the orientation when the Pilot is in your pocket, I'm sure most people settle on a handedness setting and stick with it so it won't be confusing.
If the ratings rocker wasn't likely susceptible to being pressed while in the pocket, I'd suggest exempting it from 'hold' when it's in volume mode.
The wheel should probably remain a volume control as it does now.

Last edited by DigitalAxis; 01-12-2008 at 04:19 PM. Reason: the further thoughts

Old 01-07-2008, 09:14 AM

Default Playlists Under "Play All"

While driving yesterday I wanted to quickly access the playlists... to find out that I have to click through the other options by the time it would finally get to the Playlists.

Would it be possible for us to select specific playlists to show up under the Play All category? It seems like it's just a waste of space/click.

This way I can have 30 playlists, but I can choose 5 of my most commonly used ones and list them in the first menu that comes up when you try to access the library

Old 01-11-2008, 12:22 AM

Default Um, where is this supposed firmware update?

The Pilot was released in the Fall. We're a third into January '08---where is this firmware update from Insignia to fix the freezing/lock-up issues and some of the playback audio artifact issues?

Old 01-21-2008, 09:06 AM

I vote for
Timer recording (start and stop)
Mp3 recording
direct to SD card recording.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:02 PM

Default Suggestion: Menu Style

Would it be possible to add the menu style of having just the words that go down the list?

Like:
Music
Videos
Pictures
Etc

I find it hard to navigate through the menus when I'm driving or snowboarding

Old 02-09-2008, 11:01 PM

Default Problem/Bug: Pressing buttons Multiple times before input is accepted

I sometimes have to press the buttons two, three, or four times before the player notices my input. Could this be a bug or are the buttons wearing out already?

Old 02-10-2008, 12:13 AM

Default Bug: Genre Lists

I have noticed that some songs sometimes decide to section them selfs off into their own Genre.... like I have these genres:

Techno & Trance
Other
Relaxing

What happens is, some song will create their own genre:

(13) Techno
(24) Other

Etc. Why does this happen? I noticed this usually happens when I upload something and it is a lot of songs... usually the whole album does this.

EDIT: Changing the tags then re-uploading the files seems to do the trick to fix this. This could be my tag program then... but in Winamp the tags look identical.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:42 PM

I would like to emphasize the support for background rebuilding the library. I want to buy a 16GB card soon, but I'm just afraid of how long it will take the player to boot up with it!

Old 02-13-2008, 08:57 PM

I'd like for it to allow you to play a certain song, then continue playing every song after that in the folder, then jump to the next folder in line when it's reached the end, and play the first track there, and so on.

Last edited by Cirno; 02-13-2008 at 09:03 PM.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by covertrussian View Post
I would like to emphasize the support for background rebuilding the library. I want to buy a 16GB card soon, but I'm just afraid of how long it will take the player to boot up with it!
I'm pretty sure if a full 16 GB takes half a year to boot up, it will still beat the next firmware release according to the track record of the NS-DVxG.

Heck, even the Chinese have a better track record, just how bad can Insignia be to have even less FW releases than the fly-by night Chinese nock-offs.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
I don't know if it was covered, but I'd like for the cursed thing to recognize file and folder structure, mainly, and to act like a hard drive.

I'm mystified as to how one goes about making playlists sorted by folder, rather than this Album/Artist stuff...
See, much of my music is one or two songs from here, another from here, another from there... I've got very few folders full of songs from full-CD rips that come all neatly tagged and listed in one bulk package.

I have everything sorted the way I like it via folders, but the player seems annoyingly disposed towards the Album/Artist/Track method, and completely and cheerfully ignores all my foolish attempts at sorting. Is there any way to make the player recognize them?

On that note, is there any way to get it to jump between folders while playing songs, and toss all this enqueueing stuff right out the window?
My last player was a 4 gb GminiXS 100, which did all these things, very nicely.

If I can't do them, or if it isn't likely to happen, I would very much appreciate suggestions for a different 8gb player to buy that does. Preferably with video playback support, like the Pilot had (which is what drew me to it in the first place.).
You might do better starting up a new thread with this post, as this thread is more for direct requests. As I don't quite understand the issues you're having yet, it could take several posts back and forth and would needlessly fill this thread. Also, starting a new topic with an appropriate title would likely draw more people, as this threads like this one tend to have people whining about stuff and might keep those who could help you from bothering to look in here.