android
Old 08-05-2008, 08:36 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyAce View Post
Thanks Bobby, that's kind of what I'd gathered. Of course I opened the player up just to see how easy a screen replacement would be, and it seemed pretty doable....
Yeah, it is pretty easy to do. You just have to be careful.

Quote:
.....until in the process of putting the whole thing back together I banged a resistor with my screwdriver, and now it doesn't turn on at all :-/ ....researching a new player (sansa clip looks appealing...)
Ouch! Well..... you can also replace the mainboard too, but along with the LCD, maybe not so worth it. Although if you did, you could get more storage if you replaced the mainboard with a higher capacity board.

The clip would be a great alternative.

Zen FAQ

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-07-2008, 08:52 AM

Yeah I have the same problem. My screen all of a sudden got these funny lines on it. Eventually it went totally black. My friend said its the heat or something, but I can't even listen to it because I can't see where the music is.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:38 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello KeBBeK. Welcome! If you Zen V Plus is still under warranty, I would take advantage of it to get it repaired.

Returning your Zen to Creative for warranty service.
Creative Warranty Returns FAQ.

If not, then consider what is stated in this post from earlier. Good luck.

Zen FAQ

Old 08-11-2008, 09:38 AM

Question:

If my screen is cracked, will they replace it, if it is still under warranty?

Old 08-11-2008, 10:07 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Most likey, no. Cracked screen are almost always NOT covered under warranties. They are looked at as being accidental damage.

Zen FAQ

Old 08-11-2008, 10:30 AM

Ok, I'm just going to have to buy a cheap player for the gym. It's my second cracked screen.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Ultra Senior Member

If you are up to it, you can try replacing the display yourself. Check here.

Zen FAQ

Old 08-15-2008, 12:05 PM

Default Screen is seeming to show wear.

I have had my 4 gb zen v plus for just over 2 years and a friend of my who had an ipod go through the wash decided to buy a v plus like mine. I was looking at his and his screen is at least twice as bright as mine is. I am wondering if the oled lights in my screen are starting to die.

From the picture I took of my screen you can see "lines" projecting off of the side of the album cover and sometimes lines can be seen projecting vertically off of the words displayed on the screen. Also, where it says the track number, it is barely visible at all, almost impossible to see normally, but it showed up for the camera.

I am wondering, because of the barely visible track number (it doesn't appear as if there are any "dead" oleds, just they are all dim in comparison to my friends v plus), if this is something other than a oled problem. Could it be some hardware issue that is causing the brightness to be lower than what it should be?

Edit: Contrast is at 100%.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P8130499.jpg (19.9 KB, 10 views)

Old 08-15-2008, 10:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello rusty spork. Thread merged with display problem thread. You may want to check out these posts for more info (here, here, here, and here). It does look as though you have a slowly failing OLED display.

Zen FAQ

Old 08-29-2008, 04:22 PM

Hey, my player wasn't working at all so I took it apart and took the battery out and now I can hear the music play. However, I accidentally removed the screen when I was taking the cover off. I can't get it to work, I've tried hooking it back together but I'm not exactly sure if I'm doing it correctly. A few days before the zen died, the screen was going extremely dim. Do you think the screen burned out or could it be that I'm just not hooking it back together properly? Is it normal for the zen to die like this when the screen burns out?

Old 08-29-2008, 08:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello TehBk1. Welcome. How much is extremely dim? Without knowing how dim the screen was before, it sounds like you either have the flex cable not inserted correctly or maybe the cable or connector may be damaged. Have a look at this video to see if it helps at all. I would look over the connection closely.

Zen FAQ

Old 09-02-2008, 03:18 PM

Default Black Screen

Hello, i got an creative zen v plus 4gb! And now the screen is black! I don't have the receipt! Is there anything i can do to it myself or is it junk now?

Thank for any answer!

Old 09-02-2008, 03:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello olavandre. Welcome. Check out post 103.

Edit: Post merged with main Screen Problem thread.

Zen FAQ

Old 09-02-2008, 04:21 PM

I have readed throug all this post! and all i have to say is

Anythingbutcreative&ipod!

Old 09-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeah, the Zen V is really known for display issues. It's still a decent player (when you have a working screen that is). I would consider replacing the display.

Zen FAQ

Old 09-02-2008, 04:33 PM

I use the mp3 player when i work out, working and sweating alot if u know what i mean! This mp3 i more for travelers and such things

Old 09-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeah, there does appear to be better suited players out more suited for working out.

Zen FAQ

Old 10-11-2008, 03:28 PM

My uncle bought one used on Amazon using my account for a friend's kid and two weeks later, the screen died. Since it was used, he didn't have an original receipt or warranty, so he bought a new one which ended up with the firmware corrupting right off. It's working now, but I have the old one.

Now I've been wanting an MP3 player for awhile now, but I don't have tons to spend. I wanted a Vision M like both of my brothers have, but I can't find one for less than $200. Both of them paid $150 for theirs from Best Buy two years ago. And actually, most sites have them listed for $600 or more which is insane. I was thinking about getting a V Plus for myself since it's only around $80 for a new one, but with the problems I've seen with it, is it worth it? Or should I look into a different brand? And can I buy a new screen anywhere besides eBay that won't cost more or as much as a new player? I like Creative for the most part because my sound card and sound system for my computer is Creative, but they don't seem to have many choices on decent affordable players.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortyBoo View Post
I was thinking about getting a V Plus for myself since it's only around $80 for a new one, but with the problems I've seen with it, is it worth it? Or should I look into a different brand? And can I buy a new screen anywhere besides eBay that won't cost more or as much as a new player? I like Creative for the most part because my sound card and sound system for my computer is Creative, but they don't seem to have many choices on decent affordable players.
Since you seem to like Creative players so much, I would recommend that you check out their line of latest players. IMO, they have a much better line of players out now than the Zen V/Plus for about the same $80. Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 11-19-2008, 09:07 PM

Default problems

My 2GB Zen V Plus isn't working anymore. It won't charge, won't turn on, and my computer doesn't recognize it anymore. I attempted to reset it and occasionally the "creative" title will show up while both charging and hitting the reset but there are no other words at the bottom, because usually I notice some smaller words on the bottom of the "creative" title screen. after about five seconds of that screen is goes to the "Zen V Plus" screen and just doesn't do anything from there. whenever I attempt to charge it the two buttons on the right of the mp3 being to flash, but nothing else works or responds. I just got the mp3 in august, so it's fairly new. any suggestions