android
Old 11-19-2008, 09:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome ohstfunickk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohstfunickk View Post
My 2GB Zen V Plus isn't working anymore. It won't charge, won't turn on, and my computer doesn't recognize it anymore.
The computer won't until the Zen cab power on.

Quote:
I attempted to reset it and occasionally the "creative" title will show up while both charging and hitting the reset but there are no other words at the bottom, because usually I notice some smaller words on the bottom of the "creative" title screen. after about five seconds of that screen is goes to the "Zen V Plus" screen and just doesn't do anything from there.
Perhaps a firmware corruption/issue. When the screen shows the "Zen V Plus", the loading of the firmware is supposed to be taking place.

Quote:
whenever I attempt to charge it the two buttons on the right of the mp3 being to flash, but nothing else works or responds.
It sounds as though it may be charging. Let the Zen sit connected and charging for a day or two to see if it gets a charge enough to be able to turn on completely.

Quote:
I just got the mp3 in august, so it's fairly new. any suggestions
Do you still have the Creative warranty?

Zen FAQ

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-20-2008, 07:42 AM

Hello All,

I have a 4gb Zen V with a dead screen. I purchased a used 1gb Zen V on Ebay to try and replace the screen. When I opened the 1gb and tried to remove the screen the tape pulled away from the white plastic end (clip), which is still connected. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks!!

Len

Old 11-20-2008, 04:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Does the screen work? Are you talking about the orange tape?

Zen FAQ

Old 11-20-2008, 05:43 PM

No. The screen no longer works. I'm talking about the cable under the orange tape that connects with the white clip. Thanks.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenG58 View Post
the tape pulled away from the white plastic end (clip), which is still connected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenG58 View Post
the cable under the orange tape that connects with the white clip.
So which is it? If it is the cable, it is supposed to come out when you lift up on the white clip/port. Reinsert the flex cable into the working Zen's white port and re-latch to tighten it in.

Zen FAQ

Old 11-21-2008, 06:31 AM

It is the cable (which is as thin as tape, sorry for the confusion). The cable has separated from the white clip. The white clip is still attached to the port.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:44 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Ok. The thin flex cable is supposed to come out of that white port that is on the mainboard. The white clip is supposed to pop up to release the cable.

....or are you talking about the other end where the cable connects to the screen?

Zen FAQ

Old 11-21-2008, 08:35 AM

No, not where it connects to the screen You have it right. So, I simply place the cable under the white clip and re-tape it down with the orange tape?

Old 11-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Ultra Senior Member

You should be able to insert the cable and then clamp down the white clip to secure it. You can then put the tape back orange tape back over the connection.

Zen FAQ

Old 11-21-2008, 09:07 AM

Got it, Bobby. Thank you for your help!!

Old 11-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Ahhh, good. No problem. Enjoy!

Zen FAQ

Old 01-14-2009, 05:39 AM

Default zen in chinese

how do i get it back to english

Last edited by holton; 01-14-2009 at 05:40 AM. Reason: mispell

Old 01-14-2009, 09:43 AM
Ultra Senior Member

System -> Language = Change to English

Zen FAQ

Old 02-03-2009, 12:33 PM

Default Creative Zen V 1gb (blk&orange) Wont Turn on!

help plz..i bought my zen v a year and a half ago and stopped using it for 6 months, but now i've started to use it again..i tried turning it on, but realised because it wasnt used for a long time the battery would be dead, so i started charging it for 24 hours. i pressed down on the power button but the screen wouldnt turn on however, the flashing lights on the play button and return button flashes and it is recognised by my computer when plug via through usb.

would appreciate any suggestions

Old 02-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Since it is recognized by the computer (as a Zen V?), it sounds like it may be on (besides the screen). Have you pressed the Reset button and then tried turning back on?

Zen FAQ

Old 02-08-2009, 11:06 AM

Wow....It seems that this is a big issue with the V. I purchased two last Nov as gifts. Daughters was never dropped screen dimmed to darkness after 13 months....they refused to help me. Husband gave his to her since he only used it FIVE times....yesterday screen started going dim...black today. Both still play, but POS if you ask me. If all these ppl have issues with the screen then Creative should step up & correct it. My 2 cents.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome. Yes, the Zen V is pretty famous for this issue. Did you purchase them new last November? If so, they should still be under warranty and Creative may replace the screen for you.

Zen FAQ

Old 02-08-2009, 03:02 PM

yh i have tried resetting mutiple times but no good outcomes. i think the screen has stopped working. but i dont remember how to access music, to see if its still working and playing out music.

thanks for the quick reply, appreciate it.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:11 AM
Ultra Senior Member

No problem. As you can see, it is a popular issue.

Merged with existing screen problem thread.

Zen FAQ

Old 03-21-2009, 05:26 AM

Exactly the same thing happened to my 4gb V Plus. It went really dark, and the screen had a reddish tinge, then it died completely But Creative don't cover the screen under warranty, because they said it's probably my fault :@