android
Old 10-07-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Unsolved issues with my Zen

Ok So I have had it for about a week now, heres whats going on.

When I turn my Zen on, itll be playing a completely random song and be right in the middle of it. Is this supposed to happen? Its almost as if the zen is playing from the time I turn it off to when I turn it on and when I turn it on, its in the middle of a song I wasnt playing when I turned it off. Also, my battery life doesnt seem to be holding up like I read it does in reviews. After only about 3 hours or so of playing audio, its already less than 1/4. Isnt it supposed to last for like 24 hours of audio use?

My main issue however is this. I have about 770 songs on my 4gb zen. When browsing artists, when I select an artist it populates albums, and then you you select an album to view that albums tracks. I can click the Options button from the album view to view tracks, I am wondering if there is a way to bypass album viewing to just view all the tracks automatically? Also, some songs do not appear under the artist when artist browsing, there is an "Artist" that has about 115 songs, and these are all songs that had empty id3 tags when I uploaded them, so Im not sure what the name of that artist is and I have to locate one of the songs by using random play in all tracks and seeking to artist. Am I going to have to fill out all of the id3 info on those tracks to make it more conveniant to locate them????

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-07-2007, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerTx View Post
Am I going to have to fill out all of the id3 info on those tracks to make it more conveniant to locate them????
I think so. That's one of the limitations of tag-only browsing. I really don't understand why Creative insists on burdening its users with the arbitrary limitations of MTP only and ID3 only. The very nature of these things is personal choice and freedom. To deliberately limit the interface in ways that take away real functionality and choice from users is directly contrary to their very purpose. Creative of all companies should be striving to deliver products that end users will want to choose over other companies products. You don't do that by punishing users with restrictive rules that make no sense and make using the product as much a chore as a joy.

I know it seem like i'm being overly hard on Creative, after all there are plenty of other manufacturers that do the same thing, but it's particularly frustrating when a company gets it so close to perfect and then just blows it for no good reason. I was so close to getting the Zen but all the stupid limitations Creative has chosen to burden the player with have really injured my enthusiasm for it.

Last edited by Riolist; 10-07-2007 at 08:36 PM. Reason: additional information

Old 10-08-2007, 02:58 AM

Trust me, when you organise your songs you will be much happier. Before, I was pretty organised browsing by folder so doing the tags wasnt too hard.

Try the link in my sig, mp3tag. I was bored (sustainable development) so I updated everything, even added album art.