Default 16GB Delayed By 6 Months.

I got this email from Amazon (UK) this morning:

"We wanted to give you an update on the status of your order
[202-8203400-378xxxx].

We are sorry to report that the following items have been delayed:

"Creative ZEN 16GB MP3 Player" [Electronics]
Estimated arrival date: 10/03/08

We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes."

Creative can go feck themselves ..... I will be cancelling my order and go buy something else.

Current Collection: Sony: NWZ-A866, NWZ-A845, NWZ-X1060 Creative: ZEN(32GB), Zen Vision, Zen Micro, Zen NX, Muvo2 Sandisk: Sansa e280, Clip, Clip+, Fuze+ Rio: Carbon iRiver: T60 iPod: Nano, Shuffle Shure: SE530, SE420 SE210 & E3C.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-08-2007, 01:59 AM

I will wait. I'm disappointed that it will take longer, but I desperately want this on my shelves at work.

Old 10-08-2007, 10:03 AM

Quote:
"Creative ZEN 16GB MP3 Player" [Electronics]
Estimated arrival date: 10/03/08
6 months? Don't you mean a year? I was going to hold out and wait for the 16GB model but there's NO WAY I'm going to wait that long! I'm wondering if this also applies to U.S. customers who have preordered? (Can anyone else confirm this delay?)

Old 10-08-2007, 10:19 AM

I just spoke with Creative (800/998-1000) in the USA.

If you placed a pre-order with Creative in the USA, your 16gb Zen will ship Friday, October 12, 2007.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
I just spoke with Creative (800/998-1000) in the USA.

If you placed a pre-order with Creative in the USA, your 16gb Zen will ship Friday, October 12, 2007.
That's excellent news for us and means I'll have mine by next week, but it sucks for those in the UK. I'm a bit dismayed with Creative. Europe as a whole is a big market.

For the UK buyers, is there anyway you can order it off the US website? The US dollar is quite weak and it might actually be beneficial for you to do so... that's the only thing I can think of.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydini View Post
6 months? Don't you mean a year?
nope - it means about 6 months. The US and the UK have the dates different ways around. The US has the month first, then the day. While in the UK we have the day first, then the month.

So for us in the UK, 10/03/08 will be the 10th March 2008. While in America it would mean 3rd October 2008.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshBluebird View Post
nope - it means about 6 months. The US and the UK have the dates different ways around. The US has the month first, then the day. While in the UK we have the day first, then the month.

So for us in the UK, 10/03/08 will be the 10th March 2008. While in America it would mean 3rd October 2008.
Yeah that's the thing that confuses me in this country...

But either way, I'm not sure if this information is correct (and may be a mix up on Amazon's part).

I seriously don't think a device that'll be released here in the US this week will be delayed six months in Europe, or at least UK for that matter.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:56 PM

It is quite normal for Creative to release products in the US many months before it gets released in the UK. (I bought a Zen Vision fron the US long before it was available in the UK).

I am pissed off as I had pre-ordered with Amazon and they had a release date of last week. They then emailed me last weekend to say it would be a week late and then I get another email now saying it will now be 6 months late.

It could well be a feck up my Amazon.

I suspect that they will soon appear on ebay so I may still buy one but from the US.

Current Collection: Sony: NWZ-A866, NWZ-A845, NWZ-X1060 Creative: ZEN(32GB), Zen Vision, Zen Micro, Zen NX, Muvo2 Sandisk: Sansa e280, Clip, Clip+, Fuze+ Rio: Carbon iRiver: T60 iPod: Nano, Shuffle Shure: SE530, SE420 SE210 & E3C.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo View Post
For the UK buyers, is there anyway you can order it off the US website? The US dollar is quite weak and it might actually be beneficial for you to do so... that's the only thing I can think of.
The UK price was 189 which is around $400.

I tried to sign up on the buy.com website today but it looks like they don't ship outside of the US

Ebay will probably be the best route for me to get hold of one.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsEm View Post
The UK price was 189 which is around $400.

I tried to sign up on the buy.com website today but it looks like they don't ship outside of the US

Ebay will probably be the best route for me to get hold of one.

Damn. Know anyone who works in any US embassy or consulate? That way you could have access to an APO address.

They might appear on Ebay, and that is a possible solution. But that route always has the possibility of the lack of even a basic warranty.

It really sucks though. I really think it may be amazon, or the Creative in the UK. I don't see why this should be though. Production here in the US is underway, and there shouldn't be that much of a delay. I can understand one month... but six months?

And $400 USD for it? OMG. That's very high.

Old 10-08-2007, 04:12 PM

I have a friend in the US who is coming over in a couple of weeks time but Amazon US are quoting a delivery date of 6th November

Old 10-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsEm View Post
I have a friend in the US who is coming over in a couple of weeks time but Amazon US are quoting a delivery date of 6th November
Trust me. Amazon is never right about those delivery dates. If mine ships around the same time as it is released, I should have it by next week. The delivery estimates are rather ridiculous... I guess it could depend on how close you are to an Amazon processing center... I think there is one near me...

My Amazon Pre-Order says it'll be delivered by October 22nd. Gonna be sooner than that since I got 2 day shipping (for just $10 bucks). Perhaps it could be that with that Supersaver free shipping.