android
  #1  
Old 10-14-2007, 09:48 PM
covertrussian's Avatar
covertrussian covertrussian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 586
Default Case and Arm Band for the Pilot

Case with a Stand - $19.99




Arm Band - $22.99






Now what is the heck is up with the interface in the screen shot?

__________________
-Insignia Pilot 8GB - Dead , Screen is not easily replaceable at all
-Cowon D2 16GB - The Pilot Replacement
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #2  
Old 10-14-2007, 09:56 PM
IceCream's Avatar
IceCream IceCream is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Florida...
Posts: 45
Default

omg why does the case thingy cost so mmuch...
__________________
IceCream
AnythingButIpod
currently searching for a new DAP cause i broke my pilot T.T
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 10-14-2007, 11:10 PM
covertrussian's Avatar
covertrussian covertrussian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 586
Default

Because you are buying a name brand directly from manufacturer pretty much lol.
__________________
-Insignia Pilot 8GB - Dead , Screen is not easily replaceable at all
-Cowon D2 16GB - The Pilot Replacement
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 10-15-2007, 04:14 PM
bgfield bgfield is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 14
Default

Anyone have the regular case? Can the stand double as a belt clip? I use mine in the gym and I don't want an arm band.
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 10-15-2007, 05:21 PM
Cap'nCrunch&J's Avatar
Cap'nCrunch&J Cap'nCrunch&J is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 76
Default

Both those cases are pretty nice comparing them to the ones they HAD for the NS-DV
__________________
just stand back I'm gonna rock it
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 10-15-2007, 06:38 PM
orbitalcomp orbitalcomp is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgfield View Post
Anyone have the regular case? Can the stand double as a belt clip? I use mine in the gym and I don't want an arm band.
I have that silicone case shown above, and it is great...the stand does not double as a belt clip, but it is easily removable. Also, the silicone material is lint-free, meaning it is not sticky feeling like some of the older iPod cases. It almost feels like it has a thin layer of baby powder to eliminate sticking.

Well worth the $20, all ports and controls are easily accessible...
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 10-15-2007, 08:42 PM
covertrussian's Avatar
covertrussian covertrussian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 586
Default

orbitalcomp, thanks for the info.

I'm actually interested in it... but from what I've found with my Vision M's cheap eaby case is, silicon doesn't like to slide into your pockets easily... lol
__________________
-Insignia Pilot 8GB - Dead , Screen is not easily replaceable at all
-Cowon D2 16GB - The Pilot Replacement
Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 10-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Juny's Avatar
Juny Juny is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 64
Default

My son told me that he saw the same leather case I got for my NS-DV but for the pilot at the BB store he works at.

I'll probably get that one and the arm band as well.
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 10-16-2007, 09:30 AM
orbitalcomp orbitalcomp is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by covertrussian View Post
orbitalcomp, thanks for the info.

I'm actually interested in it... but from what I've found with my Vision M's cheap eaby case is, silicon doesn't like to slide into your pockets easily... lol
This one slides right in very easily because of that treatment on the silicone...
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 10-16-2007, 04:32 PM
IceCream's Avatar
IceCream IceCream is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Florida...
Posts: 45
Default

lol im gonna go get the case thingy
__________________
IceCream
AnythingButIpod
currently searching for a new DAP cause i broke my pilot T.T
Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 10-16-2007, 08:59 PM
covertrussian's Avatar
covertrussian covertrussian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalcomp View Post
This one slides right in very easily because of that treatment on the silicone...
Interesting
__________________
-Insignia Pilot 8GB - Dead , Screen is not easily replaceable at all
-Cowon D2 16GB - The Pilot Replacement
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 10-17-2007, 12:49 AM
orbitalcomp orbitalcomp is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by covertrussian View Post
Interesting
Of course, I meant it slides into your pocket very easily

I don't want this thread to take a turn for the worse...haha
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 10-17-2007, 01:43 AM
covertrussian's Avatar
covertrussian covertrussian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalcomp View Post
Of course, I meant it slides into your pocket very easily

I don't want this thread to take a turn for the worse...haha
Hahaha, I honestly didn't notice it until you just hinted it
__________________
-Insignia Pilot 8GB - Dead , Screen is not easily replaceable at all
-Cowon D2 16GB - The Pilot Replacement
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 10-17-2007, 01:47 PM
bgfield bgfield is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 14
Default

Just wanted to let everyone know - I was at Best Buy today looking for the case in the first post and came across a Digital Life Outfitters case for the Pilot called the HipCase (they make it for other MP3 players too). I picked it up mainly because it had what Insignia's case didn't - a belt clip. It's also leather, which means it wont be picking up lint in your pocket, and it also doesn't feel "sticky" as it slides in. I'm able to reach all the controls easily. The SD slot is obstructed but that's not something you're going to be accessing a lot anyway, and I don't see this as a problem.

The only two downsides to it I saw were that the Menu button is covered by the leather; there's a picture of the button overtop of where the button actually is, and you can push it and it should hit the menu button, but it doesn't always. A minor inconvenience at worst, really. Also, the price is a bit more than I wanted to pay; $30. Though, with a leather case, that sounds pretty standard.
Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 10-17-2007, 08:34 PM
myet01 myet01 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 42
Default

Do you have a link to a picture of it? I checked BB and DLO but could not find it.

Thanks,

Tony
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old 10-23-2007, 05:13 PM
bgfield bgfield is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 14
Default

I'll try to take one with my camera later tonight. Also, one more issue I have with the case, there's nothing to strap the player in. The case slides in one side (from the side, not the bottom) and sits in there, but there's no clip to ensure that it doesn't fall out. On one occasion, I had it in my pocket, pulled it out, and the player itself fell out of the case. Fortunately I grabbed the earphones so it had less of an impact, and it was on mulch and not a hard surface, so my player was undamaged. I'm gonna have to be careful with it though.
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old 11-08-2007, 09:27 AM
lejm lejm is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9
Default Case with clip and screen cover

I went to Best Buy recently to check out the DLO Hip Case and also found the DLO Action Jacket. Comes with clip and (removable) armband, plus plastic screen cover. Velcro flap keeps the player secure in the case, though the neoprene seems to keep it fairly snug anyway. All in all pretty good, have had it for a week and am very happy. Now on to the limitations - the power switch opening is small, but it really doesnít impact my ability to turn the player on/off. Plus the little circle opening for the wheel doesnít line up perfectly, but doesnít impact use and is mostly a cosmetic complaint. The case itself covers the SD slot, so this would not be a good case for you if you're constantly accessing that. As I mentioned, thereís a Velcro flap to keep the player in the case. The flap covers the charge/sync port, but since itís a Velcro flap it isnít a huge issue. Thought you guys might like to know about this one - particularly since there seems to be a lot of interest in cases with clips, etc.






This image from BB's site doesn't show the clip, it's pretty substantial (approx 2" long) and feels secure. I may try and post my own pics so I don't sound like I shill for BB.


http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1190676635609
Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old 11-08-2007, 01:19 PM
myet01 myet01 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejm View Post
I went to Best Buy recently to check out the DLO Hip Case and also found the DLO Action Jacket. Comes with clip and (removable) armband, plus plastic screen cover. Velcro flap keeps the player secure in the case, though the neoprene seems to keep it fairly snug anyway. All in all pretty good, have had it for a week and am very happy. Now on to the limitations - the power switch opening is small, but it really doesnít impact my ability to turn the player on/off. Plus the little circle opening for the wheel doesnít line up perfectly, but doesnít impact use and is mostly a cosmetic complaint. The case itself covers the SD slot, so this would not be a good case for you if you're constantly accessing that. As I mentioned, thereís a Velcro flap to keep the player in the case. The flap covers the charge/sync port, but since itís a Velcro flap it isnít a huge issue. Thought you guys might like to know about this one - particularly since there seems to be a lot of interest in cases with clips, etc.






This image from BB's site doesn't show the clip, it's pretty substantial (approx 2" long) and feels secure. I may try and post my own pics so I don't sound like I shill for BB.


http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1190676635609
Excellent, thanks very much. A picture of the clip would be appreciative.

Tony
Reply With Quote

  #19  
Old 04-03-2008, 11:21 PM
SaruNinja's Avatar
SaruNinja SaruNinja is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by covertrussian View Post
Now what is the heck is up with the interface in the screen shot?

...NEW FIRMWARE?!?111oneone

I wouldn't doubt it. Maybe it's just being tested...?
Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old 04-04-2008, 12:27 AM
dhartsoc dhartsoc is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 77
Default

I actually love the cheapo $15 Insignia Neoprene jacket for the Pilot. All the controls and slots are accessible. The jacket gives me a slip-free grip. The couple of millimeters height of the jacket around the screen offers some protection from casual scratching of the screen. I am very comfortable slipping it into my pants pocket and not worrying about the screen.

The little stand does its job. If you need a belt clip this won't help you but it is an inexpensive option if it suits your needs.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 PM.