android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2007, 10:29 PM

Default Why I may not get the ZEN

I'm currently looking at two players. The Creative Zen and Cowon D2. I've obviously found many pros and cons of both players. I've got a couple questions for this forum about the cons of the Zen that may be fixed or may not even be that bad. Possibly someone can change my mind about them.

1. When you view by album, is the display of the album cover art or a list of actual albums by name. I've seen an image that just shows the album art and a title of album at the top of the screen. Can I also see it as just a list of names on the screen.

2. I've heard that these are not compatible with macs? Is this true and might it be fixed.

3. I've heard that you can't browse by file structure and only by ID3 tags. Is this true and might it be fixed.

4. Does this have a sleep function? Can I set it to go off in 10, 20, 40min and so on?

5. Does the unit need to be on for the alarm to work or will it turn on automatically?

6. I've heard that the drag and drop feature doesn't work very well. Has anyone had problems with this and might the be fixed via new firmware?

7. Might firmware updates allow for the playing of OGG files?

8. Am I correct in saying that, if the player is turned off and you are in the middle of a playlist, it will resume the song you were on but won't continue with the playlist? Might this be fixed with a firmware update?

Sorry there are so many, but that is it. Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]