android
Old 04-24-2008, 10:00 AM

does anyone know how to unbrick T10 with 2.00US firmware version? Robin's is not working on mine..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-24-2008, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delitto View Post
does anyone know how to unbrick T10 with 2.00US firmware version? Robin's is not working on mine..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnorino View Post
In the post before yours. You should also try out the search function. Are you 100% sure it's bricked? What does it do when you turn it on?

Old 04-25-2008, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobi00 View Post
In the post before yours. You should also try out the search function. Are you 100% sure it's bricked? What does it do when you turn it on?
it just says "invalid version"

Old 04-25-2008, 10:17 PM

anyone want to make a hacked 3.03 version? I've decided to switch to UMS, but already have 3.03 MTP and the old 1.29 UMS hack won't work, i get an invalid firmware error

Old 04-26-2008, 01:56 AM

try it with the firmware recovery tool from p2! may it works!

Old 04-26-2008, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtowent View Post

flashed my player from ums back to mtp and from mtp back to ums (just for fun ) and it works perfectly. firmware-version on the player doesn't matter.

Old 04-26-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtowent View Post
I can't get the recovery tool to work right... i tried the steps posted for the P2, but it doesn't do anything. I'm stuck with MTP.

Old 04-26-2008, 04:34 PM

Which step does not work for you?

Old 04-26-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxx View Post
Which step does not work for you?
Step 7..I got the driver installed but it never reconnects to show the information below or anything like it, so I can not write the firmware to my T10, and going back to Step 3 and trying again doesn't work.

edit: The firmware (ROM) I loaded in the first steps is the hacked UMS 1.55 version

Quote:
7. THIS PART DON'T KNOW FOR SURE, because it only happens one time on each computer, windows will show a "New hardware found" window for an USB Device. You need to select the vtcdrv.sys file that is inside the zip with the FWDN software; when it finish to install it, check if the FWDN software shows something like this:

Code:
Device Inserted

Device Removed

Device Inserted

-------- TARGET DEVICE INFORMATION ---------
Device Type : NAND Drive
Device Serial Number Type : SN_VALID_32
Device Serial Number : [ 00000000000000000000000]
Device Hidden Size : 202240 pages
Device SDRAM Configuration Value : 0x22E92010
Of course the serial numbers, and probably the SDRAM value will be different.

If it doesn't show that, disconnect the P2 and go back to step 3. this time it will not ask for the driver, and it should show the target device information.

Old 04-26-2008, 05:15 PM
Samsung Moderator

with the recovery tool you should load the normal 1.55 and no hacked version I think

Old 04-26-2008, 05:33 PM

I also tried the normal 1.55 mtp.. or at least I think its the right firmware, I couldn't find a direct link for the older firmware except from another forum so I don't know it its the right firmware for the T10-JAB (US non-BB).. the problem it seems to have is it doesn't reconnect after I release the power button (Step 6 & 7

Quote:
1. Open the FWDN.exe application.
2. Load the ROM of the New FW.
3. Enter to Options>Preferences, and change the SDRAM Size to: 32M-32bit-0x20000000
3. Connect the P2 to the computer.
4. Press and hold the power button. While pressing the power button, press the reset button once, DON'T RELEASE THE POWER BUTTON.
5. The FWDN will show a little window telling that it is updating the SDRAM.
6. When the window closes automatically, the FWDN, will show these on the screen.

Code:
Device Inserted

Device Removed
When this appears, release the power button.

7. THIS PART DON'T KNOW FOR SURE, because it only happens one time on each computer, windows will show a "New hardware found" window for an USB Device. You need to select the vtcdrv.sys file that is inside the zip with the FWDN software; when it finish to install it, check if the FWDN software shows something like this:

Code:
Device Inserted

Device Removed

Device Inserted

-------- TARGET DEVICE INFORMATION ---------
Device Type : NAND Drive
Device Serial Number Type : SN_VALID_32
Device Serial Number : [ 00000000000000000000000]
Device Hidden Size : 202240 pages
Device SDRAM Configuration Value : 0x22E92010
Of course the serial numbers, and probably the SDRAM value will be different.

If it doesn't show that, disconnect the P2 and go back to step 3. this time it will not ask for the driver, and it should show the target device information.

Old 05-14-2008, 07:24 PM

Just registered to post a success story with my T10.

I'm a Korean living in New Zealand, and I bought my T10 (an 8GB YP-T10JCB/X8A to be exact) a few days ago. Brought it home and immediately upgraded it to 3.03 EU from Samsung NZ's website (I don't even know what version was originally on it). But having been a user of a T9, MTP didn't really tickle my fancy, and I like being able to run the contents of my player through foobar2000.

After having read through this thread, attempts to change firmware to the 3.03 KR without prior patching with robind's 1.55 only turned it into a 3.03 US. Any other attempts to change f/w would simply fail, with the files just disappearing ('absorbed', as I like to put it).

I used FWDN to 'successfully' (I use this word loosely) downgrade my T10 to robind's 1.55 UMS, using his T10.ROM as the source file for the tool. Disconnecting and trying to boot the device would result in a "Please update RSC file" error. Applying 1.55 UMS in the normal fashion also gives me this error. Reconnecting device gives me a Mass Storage Device, as desired.

To this, I deleted the contents of the now-drive (formatting may or may not work), and applied the 3.03 KR f/w to it. D/c and boot results in a proper upgrade, leaving me the proud owner of a UMS T10. At no point in the flashings did I rename any of the ROM/RSC files (robind's 1.55 was left as 'T10J' and the Korean f/w as 'T10').

Old 05-15-2008, 02:48 AM

Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDesu View Post
Just registered to post a success story with my T10.
Nice to hear that you had success.

Quote:
I used FWDN to 'successfully' (I use this word loosely) downgrade my T10 to robind's 1.55 UMS, using his T10.ROM as the source file for the tool.
If you use FWDN to change the firmware you don't need to use the hacked firmware. With FWDN you can change from EU to KR with the regular firmware by Samsung.

Quote:
Disconnecting and trying to boot the device would result in a "Please update RSC file" error. Applying 1.55 UMS in the normal fashion also gives me this error. Reconnecting device gives me a Mass Storage Device, as desired.
It's normal - the FWDN tool does not upload the RSC file. After the firmware change you simply have to copy the RSC & (I think) the ROM file again and the T10 will make a normal firmware upgrade including the RSC file.

Quote:
To this, I deleted the contents of the now-drive (formatting may or may not work), and applied the 3.03 KR f/w to it. D/c and boot results in a proper upgrade, leaving me the proud owner of a UMS T10.
Someone said in this thread that it's bether to use the formating option in the T10 menu... But I formated/deleted with the computer successfully too.

Quote:
At no point in the flashings did I rename any of the ROM/RSC files (robind's 1.55 was left as 'T10J' and the Korean f/w as 'T10').
Yes, when using FWDN thats not nessecary.

Again nice to hear that you had success but I commented it a bit to say that it could be a bit easier

Regards,
foxx

Old 05-15-2008, 04:37 AM

Sounds incredibly complicated..especially being Korean... why didn't you just upgrade the Korean Firmware that was already UMS??
For my Australian player I installed the 3.03 Korean beta using the P2 restore utility, recently upgraded to the full Korean 3.03 release using the official firmware upgrade method.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:45 AM

Quote:
(an 8GB YP-T10JCB/X8A to be exact)
How does one determine what the full product code designation is for one's T10?

Old 05-18-2008, 06:55 AM

To be completely honest, I wasn't really sure of what I was doing and what it would result in. So I just fluffed around with various methods. It hadn't occurred to me that I could do it with just FWDN, but the end result is the same, so no harm done. :3

@Scuba: The reason for that is because I bought the player in New Zealand (I mean, I live here), and as such, it came with non-Korean MTP firmware.

@Buzzmonkee: It should be on the back of your player, as a little sticker on the lower part. Firmware-wise, the full designation is irrelevant, but I just thought I'd be thorough with my post above. *shrug*

Old 05-18-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzmonkee View Post
How does one determine what the full product code designation is for one's T10?
Its on the back of the player on a small sticker near the bottom. Mine's T10JAB/XAA (US 4GB Black). The one below it is the serial number of the player (mine starts 1UUP

Old 05-25-2008, 03:44 AM

its even more easy to download the tcc tools from rockbox(linked in the p2 unprick treath) then just open the console (start;run => cmd)

in the console just drag the tcc.exe in the console window then type " -d ypp2 C:/t10.rom

wait for the upload to be finished and then disconnect and reconnect the player, now in normal usb mode! drop the firmwarer you want like upgrading normaly and update it like ever

works fine

c:*.rom depens on where you have stored the firmware files!

may the other file is the small one with about 3 mb it must be linked the file with 3mb not the one with 25!

Old 05-25-2008, 12:03 PM

Hollo,
I' am very muc h in favour to use the T10 under Linux in the future. So the thread is so long - can someone make a summery with the current methode (newer firmware) to install the UMS firmware for my T10JC (German-version). Thank you very much!

Greetings
Klemi

Old 05-25-2008, 03:06 PM

for all changings if've just openened a new treath explaining every step how to switch betwen every firmware version and number!

please all read this before asking!

Tags
firmware, msc, t10, ums