android
Old 01-02-2008, 07:37 PM

This may be a stupid question but what use is the Firmware?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-02-2008, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend View Post
This may be a stupid question but what use is the Firmware?
The firmware is the Operating System of the T10 it's the Ubuntu, the MAC OSX or the XP of the player so to speak. The Firmware is what gets loaded as soon as you turn on your device in order for you to use your device.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:29 PM

Oh ok thanks for the help

Old 01-02-2008, 09:48 PM

One question for anyone reading text files. After the update to UMS firmware, have you had any issues opening up your text files? I've tried the option through the prime pack menu and from the folder browser. They show up, but cannot be opened.
[Edit] Disregard this, it seems to be some one-time glitch.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:44 PM

Yes, my T10 is now UMS. Thank you so much fde and robind. Good stuff.

EDIT: I can now play .ogg(vorbis) files. Awesome

Old 01-02-2008, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfox View Post
One question for anyone reading text files. After the update to UMS firmware, have you had any issues opening up your text files? I've tried the option through the prime pack menu and from the folder browser. They show up, but cannot be opened.
[Edit] Disregard this, it seems to be some one-time glitch.
I'm able to open .txt files created by Linux through the prime pack menu and from the folder browser!

Old 01-02-2008, 11:35 PM

Alright everything seems to be working great...I have dinked around with Bluetooth file transfer a bit and nothing has worked there yet...I'll have to study more on that though.

Ogg is working great.....YAY!!! Way stoked about that.

Now if I could delete using the T10 and get bookmarks then I would be totally and completely satisfied! HEHE

FYI: I corrupted the T10 file structure when unmounting and it made it so the folder and file names where not visible. I could still play them though. I used gparted and formatted then disconnected and powered up the T10. It automatically redid the file structure and I copied back everything and now it works just fine.

Old 01-03-2008, 02:00 AM

I have installed the UMS firmware, and it works great. . However, it appears that Bluetooth devices (I use T9090s headphones) have to be re-paired, as the format erases Bluetooth configuration. Also, I note that there is now a "Library Update" option under Settings, which I presume updates file lists (I didn't see it under 1.55 MTP). When I copied across my files after the format, the screen displayed "Library Update" when I unplugged my T10 from the computer.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:52 PM

Has anyone with a BestBuy T10 been able to upgrade theirs to UMS? The hacked code linked to above seems to only work for the regular T10, not the BB version.

Hexediting the country code to '02' (for BestBuy) and changing the filenames to T10B.ROM/RSC, which the BB T10 expects, don't seem to work. The only thing I can think of is that the CRCs somehow are off. Tried using the CRC sequence from an MTP BestBuy code in the hacked UMS version, but that didn't seem to help either. Anyone have any ideas?

Old 01-03-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notabob View Post
Hexediting the country code to '02' (for BestBuy) and changing the filenames to T10B.ROM/RSC, which the BB T10 expects, don't seem to work.
Because you also have to update the CRC fields (0x10 and 0x18). You should ask Robind to know how to do this. I'm personally still waiting for his explanation...

Old 01-03-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fde View Post
Because you also have to update the CRC fields (0x10 and 0x18). You should ask Robind to know how to do this. I'm personally still waiting for his explanation...

Yeah, I tried updating these with the sequences from the BestBuy version, but that didn't work. I'll try pinging robind.

Old 01-07-2008, 02:56 PM

Talking

All hail robind! I bow to thee!

Very nice work indeed. Thank you so much.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:44 AM

Hi,

I'd like an update. Is it possible to flash the Samsung T10 from BestBuy to UMS? What other functions are included in this firmware update? Bookmarks? Ogg?

Thanks!

Old 01-08-2008, 03:49 PM

Just posting to say thanks for the awesome work. I recently switched to Mac OS and was unable to use my T10 with it (and I didn't want to dual boot just for that). Bluetooth File Transfer would cap out at 90KB/sec, so it was just too slow. With this new UMS firmware though things are moving along nicely at ~4MB/sec.

Thanks again!

edit: And I got my player from Amazon.com right when it came out, good luck Best Buy folks

Old 01-09-2008, 03:33 PM

Lightbulb MSC(UMS) to MTP

Hi,

I have seen some request for a firmware to switch from MSC to MTP. Here is v155 hacked MSC firmware to do so (NOT TESTED!) :

http://rapidshare.com/files/82556465...r_MSC.zip.html

tschuss!

Old 01-11-2008, 12:58 PM

OK, I'm a bit confused. There is a hacked firmware and there is the Korean firmware? Which one should be used? I just want UMS so I can use mypodder directly from my T10J.

Thanks!

Old 01-11-2008, 01:01 PM

You have to use the hacked firmware cause the player blocks upgrades from the MTP version to the korean UMS version. The hacked firmware allows you to upgrade from the MTP version to the UMS version.
Afterwards you can use for later upgrades also the European MTP firmware image - the player will continue having UMS. To revert to MTP you can try the hacked firmware posted by robind before you post.

foxx

Old 01-11-2008, 03:22 PM

So you're saying that, 1- I need to flash the hacked firmware then 2- Flash the korean firmware, and then 3- I can flash back to a US or EU firmware while retaining the UMS?

Thanks! Just want to make sure I'm doing it right!

Old 01-11-2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakkar View Post
1- I need to flash the hacked firmware
Yes, thats right - You need it to get UMS

Quote:
2- Flash the korean firmware
You dont need to flash the korean firmware afterwards. The hacked firmware is a modified version of the korean firmware v. 1.55

Quote:
3- I can flash back to a US or EU firmware while retaining the UMS?
Yes you can.

foxx

Old 01-11-2008, 07:39 PM

Well, I'm getting the dreader "please upgrade RSC".

I guess i'll try the korean firmware...

Tags
firmware, msc, t10, ums