android
Old 01-11-2008, 08:12 PM

OK, I'm stuck. The Korean firmware does not seem to work. How come it's an exe file instead of the two ROM and RSC files? How do I use it?

Thanks!

BTW, how long should i wait when I reboot with new firmware? It had flashed 1/5, then black screen...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-11-2008, 08:36 PM

Ok, it worked out somehow! I now have a working korean player! I think I needed to put the exe file from the korean firmware into the system folder instead of root.

Thanks!

Old 01-12-2008, 04:29 AM

Really?!? You could simply put the corean (non hacked) firmware on you player and you got UMS?
If thats right, the hack is senseless - but I dont think so.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:47 PM

k this might sound stupid but what is MTP and UMS?

and how do i upgrade with the korean firmware, i desperately want the synchronized lyrics lol.

Old 01-13-2008, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloid View Post
k this might sound stupid but what is MTP and UMS?

and how do i upgrade with the korean firmware, i desperately want the synchronized lyrics lol.
Next time, you might want to read the posts before you ask question. First post : Not sure what the difference between MTP and UMS is?

Very basically, they are two different means that the T10 can be connected to a computer, each having some advantages and disadvantages: Only MTP firmware is compatible with WMA-DRM files which many online music download services provide, while UMS firmware will connect the T10 in the same way as an ordinary storage device allowing it to connect to almost any computer (regardless of its operating system).

Old 01-14-2008, 09:52 PM

Thumb Up Hacked Firmware

Hi there, I have a YP-T10JQW, with MTP running, I have installed the UMS robind's hacked firmware, and it works great. I did not use the official Corean firmware, I install this one:

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...T10V155MSC.zip

And it works just the same, but UMS.

Thanks a lot robind!!!

Keiver.

Old 01-18-2008, 08:36 AM

Thumb Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by robind View Post
Hi,

I have seen some request for a firmware to switch from MSC to MTP. Here is v155 hacked MSC firmware to do so (NOT TESTED!) :

http://rapidshare.com/files/82556465...r_MSC.zip.html

tschuss!
Thank you - I tested it and it works. But now I switch back to "the good" UMS
One thing: This "revert firmware" makes the player a 1.55 US MTP - I had 1.55 EU before and with the US/Korean firmware the new RDS radio function is no available. Maybe you could create a firmware which reverts to 1.55 EU MTP? But RSD is not that important for me so only do that if you have the time

foxx

Old 01-27-2008, 04:30 PM

Alright, I'm having a little bit of a problem. My player freezes when I turn it on. I get to the jumping dog, but immediately afterwards it freezes while displaying the wallpaper. Then it just shows a black screen. The touch buttons are illuminated but don't respond to touch.

I can still access the files on my Mac (since I am using the UMS firmware), but for whatever reason the player doesn't want to work. When I disconnect the player, I get the "Library Update" screen. But when I turn it on, it freezes as I describe above. I have to push the reset button to turn it off.

I tried putting various firmware upgrades inside the \SYSTEM\ folder, but the player doesn't seem to recognize any of them at all. I also tried just creating a folder called "Data" and putting the firmware files in there, but that doesn't seem to work either.

Any advice?

Old 01-28-2008, 11:25 AM

Just recently purchased the T10 a couple days ago and came across this site. Love the work you guys are doing. Unfortunately I purchased mine from BestBuy like some of the others here and was wondering if any had success with changing the firmware to the normal MTP or the UMS. I haven't had any luck with the hex editing and updating the two crc fields. Not sure what I am doing wrong or if it's just not possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:40 PM

It may be possible to change it to UMS, but changing it to a normal MTP firmware is impossible. It simply wont accept any MTP firmware without a BB device code. ...Hmm... I wonder if its possible to hack an MTP firmware and change the device code to BB, so you COULD install a "regular" firmware thats been hacked to change the device code from US or EU to BB... Ahh, if only I knew how to do stuff like that.

Thinking more about it, it still might be impossible. I think the makeup and construction of the firmware for US and EU, and BB are completely different. So, without major editing of the original firmware into the format of the BB firmwares, there is no way.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:21 PM

So far editing the the normal MTP and UMS rom files with "02" at address 0x28 and updating the crc at 0x10 and 0x18 and renaming the rom and rsc files to T10B.rom and T10B.rsc has failed. It starts to install, but then tells me it failed right before it powers off. It goes through the whole install once I turn it back on only to end at need to update rsc. Really not sure I'm doing the update crc field correctly that Robind mentioned. I dunno at this point guess I could take it back and pick one up somewhere else. Just got it two days ago to take with me to the gym.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:23 PM

i recommend it. I didnt like the fact that BB puts on their own firmwares. The regular US version can be used with subscription services (it supports DRM), so there's no reason TO get a BB player. Circuit City offers the regular US version.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:08 AM

I bought mine from Future Shop (which is basically the same as Best Buy, they're own by them and offer the exact same items.)

I upgraded using robin's hack firmware. That did not work, but it did allow me to install the korean firmware on top of it. I would recommand doing that. UMS is so much nicer then MTP (IMHO).

Old 01-29-2008, 10:44 PM

Hi All,

I was wondering if, with UMS you are still able to sort songs by artist/album/title (I ask because I know the K3 Korean does not allow this)

Also, have any of you tried bluetooth with your phone? (i.e. place/receive calls?). Is this still available in the Korean firmware?

Thanks,
Lukasz

Old 02-01-2008, 05:57 PM

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaszM View Post
I was wondering if, with UMS you are still able to sort songs by artist/album/title (I ask because I know the K3 Korean does not allow this)
It works for me like with the MTP version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaszM View Post
Also, have any of you tried bluetooth with your phone? (i.e. place/receive calls?). Is this still available in the Korean firmware?
It's not available in korean nor in EU/US... firmwares. I think its planned for the next wave firmware release. Right now it's only possible to send/receive files and play audio to a headset, bluetooth speaker...

Regards,
foxx

Old 02-12-2008, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxx View Post
Yes, thats right - You need it to get UMS

You dont need to flash the korean firmware afterwards. The hacked firmware is a modified version of the korean firmware v. 1.55

Yes you can.

foxx
i tried to install the eu version of the firmware on myy hacked device if sais invaild version must I aply another patch for this or is it impossible to use the eu version without trying the patched firmware for getting back mtp?

Old 02-12-2008, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtowent View Post
i tried to install the eu version of the firmware on myy hacked device if sais invaild version must I aply another patch for this or is it impossible to use the eu version without trying the patched firmware for getting back mtp?
To get back mtp you can not simply install the EU version of the firmware - It's the same thing as getting from MTP to UMS. You have to install the US firmware from http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...765#post202765 to get back MTP but it's US so it does not support RDS.

Regards,
foxx

Old 02-12-2008, 12:22 PM

in this treath someone said it is possible to patch the device to ums and then reinstall the european version but continuing with ums. not returning to mtp!

Old 02-12-2008, 12:32 PM

I don't think that there is a way to do so. You can simply use the korean firmware to upgrade you player to later firmwares but today 1.55 is the newest. If you change the region-code to "EU" you player will be MTP - Don't know a way to have a UMS player with EU region.

Regards,
foxx

Old 02-14-2008, 10:08 PM

Default works

I got it to work thank for the info guys took me awhile to get all the info i needed for the U.S. model number so i thought i would post it all in one place

ive got the YP-t10jab/xaa
from circuit city
1. put robins firmware in the data folder of my mtp player
2. unplug the player from usb and turn it on it will turn off quickly without finishing updating firmware and will say that you need to update the rsc file
3. plug the player back to usb it will now be ums but will not work as a player just a flash drive. copy all the info in the root of the drive i.e. if it has been assigned drive letter E: open up drive E: selct every thing or hit ctrl a
4. paste every thing to a back up folder on your hardrive
5. reformat the drive with windows ie right click click format then click ok (do not change any of the format options)
6. after it is done formating paste the backup files back onto the drive so that it looks like it did before you formatted.
7.put the korean firmware into the root of the drive and turn it on
8 let it update if it turns off just turn it back on
9. it will be in korean so go to the settings menu go to the language tab go to the first submenu english should be the first option you can now read every thing on your player

link to robins hacked firmware is posted earler in the thread

link to korean firm ware is also posted earlier in the thread

now the problem will be finding the korean firmware for future firmware updates i would suggest going to the samsung websites and trying to install all the firmware fromt he different models when the new firm ware comes out the korean one should work.

Tags
firmware, msc, t10, ums