android
Old 02-22-2008, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robind View Post
Hi,

I have seen some request for a firmware to switch from MSC to MTP. Here is v155 hacked MSC firmware to do so (NOT TESTED!) :

http://rapidshare.com/files/82556465...r_MSC.zip.html

tschuss!
Could someone make a hacked MTP EU Version? (To switch back from KOR UMS) I would like to have RDS back

Would be awesome!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-23-2008, 04:27 PM

What if I have already updated my firmware to 1.55, will this still work?

Also, when I click the link to download the Korean UMS firmware, there is a page with what I assume is Korean writing. On that page there are 2 links, one to Microsoft and the other will not open. Where can I find the UMS Korean firmware for after installing the modded firmware patch?

Thanks,

Martin

Old 03-01-2008, 06:32 PM

deleted

Old 03-01-2008, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utew View Post
deleted
Hi,

why have you deleted the link to the korean 1.71 UMS firmware? I saw the link in the notify email and tried it successfully: I'm now able to pair with mobile phones!

Is there a reason for deletion or can I post the link?

Regards,
foxx

Old 03-03-2008, 11:11 PM

hi,

i have a question i want to update to UMS, but im wondering if anyone with a T10 from BB been able to get it to work with the hacked firmware??

and if so which hacked one the one on page 3 or 5 (is there a difference)??

i just want to make sure and not mess up my player or anything..cuz it seems like some people have gotten results. thanks

Old 03-09-2008, 09:14 PM

Hello guys. I have just bought my T-10JQB/XET with v1.20 EU(MTP). But I've got some questions. Are there anyone who can tell me what is the differences between 1.20 MTP and 1.55 UMS . I've read all the dıscussıon but I dıd not understand... ;D If I get 1.55,can I get better sound quality? or better performance?

Exactly what I want to ask what is the advantages or dısadvantages of firmware v1.55 UMS?

Old 03-10-2008, 12:56 AM

the simle differencr is with the ums software you have the t10 working like a normal drive(external) but you loose the rds function.

the koreen version(ums) has more functions like lyric support.
and ums works under mac linux and windows!

ums is better i think

Old 03-12-2008, 05:33 PM

Hi I've just got one of these T10 devices, and I'd like to use in linux under UMS.
It seems very old with 1.15 MTP firmware.
I'd like to upgrade to UMS but I cant see how to import the new firmware.
Since it's currently MTP I have been using widows, but explorer doesnt see it, WMP doesnt let me drag & drop and the samsung software doesnt let me see root or System/Data.
Any Ideas?

spegru

Old 03-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Samsung Moderator

Open the device in your Windows Explorer. You should have a Data (or Internal Storage) section of the device. Put the firmware files there. Unplug and voila, UMS.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:11 PM

question? is there anyway i can get my BB firmware off my t10 and make it different, i mean since i got it from best buy i dont feel like waiting ages for new firmware updates and i would much rather have UMS i tried to do the thing rodinb posted but to no success, i would just really like to get rid of it.

P.s. would i t make it harder to do considering i now have ver 1.55 on it?

Old 03-12-2008, 11:36 PM
Samsung Moderator

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...8&postcount=46

You tried this specifically? If so, it's not an issue with the BB firmware, as that's been confirmed to work. I think there is a problem with the method you used to put the firmware on your device.

Be aware though that you can't change the firmware without changing a version. Try downgrading first, then upgrade using robind's method.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:37 AM

Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by spegru View Post
Hi I've just got one of these T10 devices, and I'd like to use in linux under UMS.
It seems very old with 1.15 MTP firmware.
Yes it's old and you should upgrade to 1.55 MTP before switching to UMS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spegru View Post
I'd like to upgrade to UMS but I cant see how to import the new firmware.
Since it's currently MTP I have been using widows, but explorer doesnt see it, WMP doesnt let me drag & drop and the samsung software doesnt let me see root or System/Data.
Any Ideas?
You need Windows Media Player 11 but if it works to copy files on the T10 it should also be visible in the explorer... If not: You can also mount the T10-MTP with Linux. You have to install the current version of libmtp for example from my Ubuntu Repository http://ubuntu.jbbr.net/ and gnomad2. With gnomad2 you can browse you T10 and copy files like the firmware on it.

There is also "mtpfs" in the repository which allows real "mounting" of the T10 into the file system. But only for copying firmware Gnomad2 should be more simple.

But really dont forget to upgrade at first to 1.55 MTP! I know from some people having problems after upgrading from different versions like 1.20 MTP.

Regards,
foxx

Old 03-13-2008, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...8&postcount=46

You tried this specifically? If so, it's not an issue with the BB firmware, as that's been confirmed to work. I think there is a problem with the method you used to put the firmware on your device.

Be aware though that you can't change the firmware without changing a version. Try downgrading first, then upgrade using robind's method.
Hi Sassafras,

Where has the BB firmware been confirmed to be able to be reflashed as a UMS device? I read through this thread and found several others unable reflash their Best Buy T10 players using robind's hack. I tried it myself this morning and received a "please upgrade rsc file" message. I'm very disappointed that I don't have OGG or UMS support and am going to try to return my player and buy a T10 elsewhere.

I am currently running the 1.55BB firmware. I will try downgrading first like you suggested later today but I don't have high hopes that it will solve the bad rsc message. The reflash was attempted by renaming the files from T10J.* to T10B.* because nothing happened otherwise.

Old 03-13-2008, 12:18 PM

How would i downgrade it from the ver 1.55? that i do not get how to do. thanks.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:15 PM

Where is the 1.71 firmware for the T-10JAB?

Old 03-14-2008, 05:13 PM

Default UMS or OGG

I've managed to upgrade from 1.15 MTP to 1.55 MTP using the Gnomad tool since my Win Pc couldn't cope with MTP! At least I could transfer files, even if the interface is a bit clunky. So next I went for the UMS upgrade using the Robind Hacked version and the upgrade was fine and sure enough UMS worked. But now I cant play OGG any more....
I've tried the 1.71 version from singapore and the 1.55 version from Korea but none of them seem to play OGG

I even tried to go back to MTP so that I could get OGG again, but the upgrade was rejected (maybe hacked firmware the opposite of Robind's is needed for that)

Help. I want OGG and UMS!

spegru

PS. On the way, I discovered it's important to safely eject the drive when upgrading in UMS mode - otherwise the RSC file was not copied properly and I was left with a 'please upgrade rsc file' message

Old 03-15-2008, 05:36 AM

Default Update

In fact OGG does play after all. It seems that the files that were in the player when the upgrade was done did not play, but when I removed them and put them back they played fine!

So now I have v1.71 UMS/OGG etc from where I started a day or two ago with 1.15 and MTP only.

Things I learnt:
  • The Gnomad 2 tool was key, since my WinPC would not allow me to transfer firmware to the player in MTP mode at all . In fact you could stop with Gnomad 2 if you want to use it with linux and not bother with firmware upgrades at all.
  • The Robind Firmware allows upgrading from MTP versions to UMS 1.55
  • After upgrading to UMS v1.71 is a straightforward download from (in my case) Singapore (www.samsung.com.sg) - although I note the player calls it 1.71(KR) so maybe it's the same as Korea anyway.
  • It is a good idea to unmount/eject the player properly after uploading firmware in UMS mode, as otherwise it may not have finished and you have a corrupted RSC file.
  • It's amazing how robust the T10 is to all this hacking!
Off to play with the new features now!

spegru

Old 03-15-2008, 11:31 AM

I've been lurking on these forums for quite a while, reading posts and waiting on the 1.71EU firmware.
But since that took too long, I tried Robins' firmware and it worked perfectly, no RSC errors or needing to format the player in Windows.

I did it like this;

--- Player is 1.55EU (MTP)
- Formatted player in the settings menu
- Placed Robins firmware in the Data folder
- Disconnected and it updated very fast
--- Player is now 1.55KR (UMS) and plays back music/videos/pictures I copy to it without any problems (RDS support is gone)
- Placed this firmware (1.71UMS) in the rootfolder of the player
- Disconnected and the update took a while
--- Player is now 1.71KR (UMS)

I just have a few questions.
* How do you use the lyrics? I added them to a song using Samsung Lyrics Station but they're not displayed on the player --> solved, used the YP-780 profile
* Is the dictionary available to download somewhere, or is that for the P2 only?

Old 03-17-2008, 02:47 PM

Hey can i someone find the 1.19bb version of the t10 firmware so i can downgrade mine and make it become UMS? i am having no luck in finding it at all, thanks for anyone that does help.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:54 PM

Since I'm using the UMS-firmware my T10 fails to build the music library correctly for a few artists.

Albums from Ayreon (correctly tagged with Musicbrainz) show up as 5 different artists with random names (change everytime you manually rebuild the library, composed of names from other artists). Once the song is being played everything is normal, but when browsing on ID3-tag it's all messed up.
Does Anybody else have this problem?

Tags
firmware, msc, t10, ums