android
Old 03-20-2008, 06:58 PM

I have exactly the same problem! Does anyone know which application handels ID3 tags simmilar to the T10 player?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-21-2008, 08:29 AM

Default wrong charset used?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
Since I'm using the UMS-firmware my T10 fails to build the music library correctly for a few artists.

Albums from Ayreon (correctly tagged with Musicbrainz) show up as 5 different artists with random names (change everytime you manually rebuild the library, composed of names from other artists). Once the song is being played everything is normal, but when browsing on ID3-tag it's all messed up.
Does Anybody else have this problem?
I had a quite similar problem, see the solution here:
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...133#post221133

might be of course, that your problem is a different one.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:52 AM

I'm not sure what you mean with specifying the iocharset while mounting it, could you please explain that?

edit; It just.. works now. I just removed the files, updated the library and copied them on the T10 again. Strange
edit2; guess not, after copying another Ayreon album on it shows the 2nd one correctly but not the 1st one.

Old 03-22-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean with specifying the iocharset while mounting it, could you please explain that?
letters can be represented in various encodings, as you choose a charset for your HTML-pages or text-files, the filenames of your songs need to be stored somehow as well in the filesystem.
The t10 uses a fat filesystem. What is unusual is that it uses utf-8 as charset (well, at least that is what I'm using now and it works well with all the special characters I have in filenames). utf-8 is quite unusual though, some windows codepage or iso8859 charset would have been more likely, but as the device is meant to be used in various regions and the firmwares are multi-language as well it does make sense after all.
my fstab entry looks like this:
Code:
/dev/t10 /mnt/t10 vfat iocharset=utf8,user,umask=0 0 0
the /dev/t10 is created by a udev rule when I plug it in
Code:
BUS=="scsi", SYSFS{vendor}=="SAMSUNG", SYSFS{model}=="YP-T10" , NAME="%k", SYMLINK="t10"
With the utf-8 charset, I can have filenames like
Dimmu Borgir - Stormblåst.ogg and
David TMX - A l’orée d’un siècle en bois.ogg and
Ill Niño - Revolution - Revolución.ogg
(you get the idea) without any corruption of the display.

Quote:
edit; It just.. works now. I just removed the files, updated the library and copied them on the T10 again. Strange
edit2; guess not, after copying another Ayreon album on it shows the 2nd one correctly but not the 1st one.
It might be a good idea to start a new thread as well, since then more people might read it if it is not hidden in an old thread with so many posts.

If your files don't use any special characters, but are ASCII only, then your problem is different from the one I was experiencing. (check for apostrophes that are really dead accents and stuff)

Old 03-27-2008, 03:32 PM

Default Simple Request...

Can someone post a list of links for downloading all firmwares?

Thanx in advance...

Old 03-27-2008, 11:04 PM

Default YP-T10 and Linux

This is a mini-tutorial for those of you who want to use the YP-T10 with linux and don't want to bother with hacking their firmware.

http://pclosmag.com/html/Issues/200708/page09.html

I bought mine from Best Buy, with the model #YP-T10JABY/XAA, and was disappointed that UMD was not enabled on the device, and when looking for an alternative, found the above article. It works and lets me use my player until I or someone else hacks up a new firmware.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:08 PM

I'been following this discussion for a while... And yesterday I finally got my own T10.

SMS had already updated my T10 to the latest 2.0 firmware (EU) when I realized that I could not use the hacked 1.55 firmware to switch from MTP to UMS, as a downgrade seems to be impossible. So I sat down several hours to create a similarly hacked 2.0 firmware. Here it is:

http://rapidshare.com/files/10318636...tched.zip.html

But beware! It worked for me, but maybe it doesn't work for you! If something goes wrong with it, it will be solely *your* problem!!! You have been warned!!!

There are 2 firmware versions in this zip archive: One to switch from the EU version (MTP) to the Korean version (UMS), and another version to switch from the Korean UMS version back to the US (!!) MTP version. This "US" version *is* the EU version, but it will be installed as US version, so it seems the RDS feature will be lost forever, if you install the patched firmware. At least I don't know how to get RDS working again.

Have fun!

Old 03-31-2008, 07:41 PM

i've got a quick question...
after i download robhin's hacked fw
can i upgrade it straight to the new 2.0 ?
and also, does it matter if it's US or KR?

Old 04-03-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacetaxi View Post
I'been following this discussion for a while... And yesterday I finally got my own T10.

SMS had already updated my T10 to the latest 2.0 firmware (EU) when I realized that I could not use the hacked 1.55 firmware to switch from MTP to UMS, as a downgrade seems to be impossible. So I sat down several hours to create a similarly hacked 2.0 firmware. Here it is:

But beware! It worked for me, but maybe it doesn't work for you! If something goes wrong with it, it will be solely *your* problem!!! You have been warned!!!
Just signed up for the forum to say that it seems to have worked fine for me. I upgraded to the KR firmware from EU2.0, plugged it back in and it pops up like any other device now. Much appreciated cos I was having major hassles getting MTP to work reliably in Linux.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:52 AM

Thanks for your feedback! Linux was my reason to switch to the KR firmware, too. MTP just wasn't working reliably.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chooban View Post
Just signed up for the forum to say that it seems to have worked fine for me. I upgraded to the KR firmware from EU2.0, plugged it back in and it pops up like any other device now. Much appreciated cos I was having major hassles getting MTP to work reliably in Linux.
Hi
I did the move to UMS too for the same reason. mtpfs did work somehow but I couldn't mv files from one dir to annother so it felt "weird" ...

BUT ...
The device doesn't show as a regular USB stick. That is it shows up as /dev/sdb instead of /dev/sdb1 ... If I do a fdisk -l I get a lot of error messages.

Code:
Disk /dev/sdb: 8086 MB, 8086618112 bytes
249 heads, 62 sectors/track, 1023 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 15438 * 512 = 7904256 bytes
Disk identifier: 0x6f20736b

This doesn't look like a partition table
Probably you selected the wrong device.

Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
/dev/sdb1   ?       50404      124346   570754815+  72  Unknown
Partition 1 has different physical/logical beginnings (non-Linux?):
     phys=(357, 116, 40) logical=(50403, 232, 11)
Partition 1 has different physical/logical endings:
     phys=(357, 32, 45) logical=(124345, 119, 51)
Partition 1 does not end on cylinder boundary.
/dev/sdb2   ?       10927      136334   968014120   65  Novell Netware 386
Partition 2 has different physical/logical beginnings (non-Linux?):
     phys=(288, 115, 43) logical=(10926, 224, 47)
Partition 2 has different physical/logical endings:
     phys=(367, 114, 50) logical=(136333, 143, 42)
Partition 2 does not end on cylinder boundary.
/dev/sdb3   ?      121123      246529   968014096   79  Unknown
Partition 3 has different physical/logical beginnings (non-Linux?):
     phys=(366, 32, 33) logical=(121122, 0, 30)
Partition 3 has different physical/logical endings:
     phys=(357, 32, 43) logical=(246528, 167, 39)
Partition 3 does not end on cylinder boundary.
/dev/sdb4   ?      186921      186925       27749+   d  Unknown
Partition 4 has different physical/logical beginnings (non-Linux?):
     phys=(372, 97, 50) logical=(186920, 164, 25)
Partition 4 has different physical/logical endings:
     phys=(0, 10, 0) logical=(186924, 63, 33)
Partition 4 does not end on cylinder boundary.

Partition table entries are not in disk order
I fear this might become unstable.
Anyway now I can upload my ogg files and their id3 tags are ok, everything seems to work and I don't use the radio anyway.
Plus I can use this device with my office computer without telling my sys admin

Thx guys for the hack.
And now I have a 8Gb USB key

(btw data transfer rate is way faster than MTP)

Old 04-04-2008, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario22 View Post
Hi
BUT ...
The device doesn't show as a regular USB stick. That is it shows up as /dev/sdb instead of /dev/sdb1 ... If I do a fdisk -l I get a lot of error messages.
Thats normal I think. The full flash storage is one partition and you will not be able to add or remove partitions - neither on Linux nor on Windows. You can format the T10 anyway with the option "-I" for mkfs.vfat
Code:
mkfs.vfat -I /dev/sdX
Regards,
foxx

Old 04-04-2008, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxx View Post
Thats normal I think. The full flash storage is one partition and you will not be able to add or remove partitions - neither on Linux nor on Windows. You can format the T10 anyway with the option "-I" for mkfs.vfat
I would never try to format the device other than by using the internal format-entry in the T10's GUI.
Chances are likely that you mess up/that there are some reserved blocks and stuff... Not worth taking any risk.
Only do it the hard way when you cannot do anything with the GUI anymore.
You can mount it fine without creating a new partition table and without messign around with creating a new filesystem on it.

Old 04-05-2008, 03:32 AM

But it seems to work nice... All directorys and files are automatically recreated and that's whats needed when switching from MTP to UMS.
Anyway, thank you for you commendation.

Old 04-05-2008, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxx View Post
But it seems to work nice... All directorys and files are automatically recreated and that's whats needed when switching from MTP to UMS.
You don't need to use an external format utility after switching transfer modes.
The T10's internal format command really is all you need.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacetaxi View Post

There are 2 firmware versions in this zip archive: One to switch from the EU version (MTP) to the Korean version (UMS), and another version to switch from the Korean UMS version back to the US (!!) MTP version. This "US" version *is* the EU version, but it will be installed as US version, so it seems the RDS feature will be lost forever, if you install the patched firmware. At least I don't know how to get RDS working again.

Have fun!
i tried your 2.00 cracked version and it workes it now says 2.00 KR i startes from 2.00 US and i got my t20 from BB
BUT
my songs and everything dont have title they are all blank but you can scroll through them same with albums and artists and navigating around is also extreamly laggy now... anyone have this problem? or does anyone know how to fix it?? maybe it has something to do with the ID3 tag??

also in the language option theres an option for the 'menu' part and one for the 'ID3' part... is that normal?
i also tried upgrading to the 3.00 beta but it didnt work

please help thanks in advance =]

Old 04-08-2008, 12:48 AM

Have you formatted your T10 after switching to UMS?
I also had some problems before the format - For example all videos where shown in music section and something like that... After upgrade you have to copy all you files again but it should work.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:18 PM

thanks foxx reformatting worked and i figured out that you ahve to update the library everytime you add something new

does anyone know how to intall the 3.00 beta version on the 2.00 kr hacked version?? do i need to switch back from UKorean MS to US MTP version with the hacked version from spacetaxi??

thankss

Old 04-09-2008, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuu View Post
thanks foxx reformatting worked and i figured out that you ahve to update the library everytime you add something new
This can be set to automatic (and in fact this is the default) - so it will update the library automatically whenever you unplug it from USB.
If that is what you meant with "you have to" (i.e. "you" = the device?), then sorry for the spam... But since you know how to do a manual update of the library, I guess you found the switch to have it done automatically already, so your comment is even more confusing to me...

Old 04-09-2008, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuu View Post
does anyone know how to intall the 3.00 beta version on the 2.00 kr hacked version?? do i need to switch back from UKorean MS to US MTP version with the hacked version from spacetaxi??
Not sure but I think all betas are only available for KR players and after switching to UMS your firmware is now the korean and for updating you need the korean firmwares. If you are unable to read korean you can use the links posted in this forum directly to the firmware-archives.

Tags
firmware, msc, t10, ums