android
Old 04-09-2008, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pybcu View Post
This can be set to automatic (and in fact this is the default) - so it will update the library automatically whenever you unplug it from USB.
If that is what you meant with "you have to" (i.e. "you" = the device?), then sorry for the spam... But since you know how to do a manual update of the library, I guess you found the switch to have it done automatically already, so your comment is even more confusing to me...
yeah i wasn't sure what library update meant because it was different with the US version. i have it on automatic now

and i got the 3.00 firmware to work =]

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-13-2008, 04:45 PM

Is there any way to put hacked or korean firmware on a Rhapsody T10 Player?

Old 04-14-2008, 01:32 PM

it is sayd, that the recovery tool for the p2 works with the t10. i think if you can change(s.o. did) from kr to eu it shoudl be possible to change from any version to any version!
+
who tries this plx?

Old 04-18-2008, 11:00 AM

Default How do I place the firmware on the player?

Just received my T10 after carefully reading this thread (as I am a Linux user I would like to be able to place files on the player without being dependant on my employers desktop).

Upon receiving the T10 I found it to have version 1.29 EU installed. Knowing it would not be supported by my Linux install I connected it to my Windows desktop and tried uploading the new firmware (KR-2.0) to the root- directory of my player but was unable to do so.
I used both the Windows explorer (did not provide the option [paste] ) and the Samsung SMS tool which just ignored my request at all.
When trying to place the files in the system- folder I get the msg that the filetype is not supported and have the options to "skip file" "skip all files" and "cancel".

Anyone tips how to bypass this problem?

Thanks a lot!

Old 04-18-2008, 01:41 PM

Under linux, install libmtp and mtpfs.
Then you will be able to mount your device using something like mkdir ~/T10 && mtpfs /dev/sdb ~/T10
now you can cp the files, and fusermount -u ~/T10
This worked for me, at least

Old 04-18-2008, 04:37 PM

Thanks Mario. Petty for me, running fc6, the dependencies are not available, while compiling mtpfs I get:

No package 'fuse' found
No package 'glib-2.0' found
No package 'gthread-2.0' found
No package 'mad' found
No package 'id3tag' found
No package 'libmtp' found

Which is largely untrue since fuse, glib, id3tag, libmtp and mad are installed. Only package missing is gthread. After two hours of trying to fix this I am a bit less happy with my new T10 as usability is quite limited (only able to manage my files whlie at work).

Thanks for your response anyway, I will try again later, I might just find the solution!

Old 04-18-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimlin View Post
Thanks Mario. Petty for me, running fc6, the dependencies are not available, while compiling mtpfs I get: [...]
When you want to compile stuff, you also need the corresponding devel packages. So not only "fuse", but "fuse-devel" (or libfuse-devel or something like that, distributions all have slightly different naming conventions) But maybe mtpfs is already available for fc6 as a binary package, don't know...

But in another post in this forum was mentioned, that you just have to install a current version of windows media player, that way you can use "ignore the warning, copy nevertheless" function when the dialog of the non-supported files shows up.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:34 PM

Thanks pybcu, while I am not a Windows-user the Media Player 10 is a mystery to me. I have been clicking for about an hour now and am completely puzzled by the 'usability' of this piece of fine programming (...).
Finding a method of transferring audio files to the T10 player was no problem, except telling the app. to also include non-audio files was a bridge too far.

Also I have tried updating my Media Player from 10 to 11 but the Microsoft site keeps failing (weird errors on reachability) and a complete bundle of the tool is nowhere to be found.

Old 04-18-2008, 06:53 PM

What distribution do you use?
I made some packages for Ubuntu Gutsy (7.10): http://ubuntu.jbbr.net/

Old 04-19-2008, 04:45 AM

Thanks, but I am using Fedora Core 6.

Tried to upload the KR firmware to the T10 with the laptop my employer provided me with for the weekend and now my T10 is completely FUBAR. Through the SMS I can still manage the player, it still played (through SMS) mp3's and all.
Disconnecting the USB and booting the device left me with the following message:

"Please update RSC file"

I formatted the device (through SMS) but no luck, still the same msg. Then I tried installing the original firmware from the Samsung site but no luck since the device did not pick-up the files during boot.

Good thing about the firmware is that I am now able to mount the device in Linux, providing me with the opportunity to place files on the T10.
Unfortunately I cannot use the player itself

I did find this post:
www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27765

But placing the new (original Samsung) firmware on my T10 did not initiate a new firmware install.

Any suggestions? (am I still able to send it back to get it fixed or did I void warranty?)

Old 04-19-2008, 06:27 AM

The good news is there is a solution. The bad new is I believe your warranty is now null and void. (On Samsung's site they say they take no responsibility for anything bad that happens when you try to install the firmware) First of all, did you update manually or through Samsung Media Studio?

p.s. I like your use of F.U.B.A.R.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:41 AM

The update was done manualy (placed the file on the T10 using the Windows Explorer).

The SMS still connects to the device and can also place files on it but when booting the player without the USB connection still greets me with the same ol' msg" Please Upgrade RSC file".

Old 04-19-2008, 12:20 PM

Yeah, I had the same problem when I tried to upgrade mine. It was a little while ago, but I think what I did was took the files off, and then tired putting them on again. If your problem is the same as mine was, all your files that were on the t10 will be deleted and you will get "Bluetooth address error!"

Old 04-19-2008, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Thanks, but I am using Fedora Core 6.

Tried to upload the KR firmware to the T10 with the laptop my employer provided me with for the weekend and now my T10 is completely FUBAR. Through the SMS I can still manage the player, it still played (through SMS) mp3's and all.
Disconnecting the USB and booting the device left me with the following message:

"Please update RSC file"

I formatted the device (through SMS) but no luck, still the same msg. Then I tried installing the original firmware from the Samsung site but no luck since the device did not pick-up the files during boot.

Good thing about the firmware is that I am now able to mount the device in Linux, providing me with the opportunity to place files on the T10.
Unfortunately I cannot use the player itself

I did find this post:
www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27765

But placing the new (original Samsung) firmware on my T10 did not initiate a new firmware install.

Any suggestions? (am I still able to send it back to get it fixed or did I void warranty?)
Download the newest firmware KR firmware. Put copies in the root, data, and system folder. One of those should work. if not, format the lplayer an then re copy the firmware.

Old 04-20-2008, 03:53 AM

OK, what I now did -without desired results- is:

- place the firmware in all available folders (root/SYSTEM/data .. the most logical so I skipped the music folders), no luck;
- formatted the device using the SMS software, no luck
- formatted the device using the SMS software and placed firmware in all folders, no luck;
- formatted the device using the Windows explorer and placed the firmware in the / of the device, no luck.

The two consistancies are (1) the fact that the device is not working and (2) the firmware used. Initially I started with the Samsung firmware (two days ago). Now I only used the KR firmware. Problem with the last one, I have do not have a newer version then the one I used to mess-up my device. So it is running the KR-v2.0, is there a newer version available somewhere?

I am willing to try as a currently have a useless device (other then it beeing a 8gb USB disk with a cable attached).

Old 04-20-2008, 03:57 PM

Additionaly, I wiped the complete device using my Linux station, copied the two firmware files to the device and booted it again. As magic, the old directories were back again, acompanied by the firmware, but no luck.

Any other suggestions? No other bad axperiences with the KR firmware? I found it on this site so there is bound to be someone with the same problem??

Old 04-20-2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
No other bad axperiences with the KR firmware?
No. No problems whatsoever. I just followed the instructions as given in the thread and did not have any problems whatsoever.

But I fail to understand whether you did the correct steps or not, you fail to describe what exactly you did. Did you rename the firmware files to T10J.RSC/ROM (added the J) that is necessary for updating from a EU firmware? What "2.0KR" firmware did you try to use? Did you use a version intended for bestbuy players?
Directly going from EU to Korean is not possible. You need a modded firmware.

I basically don't get it when people try to take another path than the path that is known to work.

Many people have used robind's modded firmware of the 1.55 version. All wrote: Great, works fine. And it has been stated numerous times that once that version is installed, it is a regular "korean device" and that you can use the unmodified korean firmwares from that point. But still people try to use other versions. I really would be interested in why you didn't try with the 1.55 firmware - esp. since you mentioned that you read that thread carefully and your initial firmware was 1.29..

Old 04-21-2008, 03:54 PM

my T10Jab/xxa doesnt work when I put in robins firmware it just says invalid version what should I do?

Old 04-21-2008, 03:57 PM

^you should have a look here >>> http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...d.php?p=218634

Old 04-21-2008, 04:13 PM

I dont have a P2 and my T10 isnt bricked (I think?) but everytime I try to update the firmware it says invalid version.

Tags
firmware, msc, t10, ums