android
Old 11-15-2007, 01:59 PM

Unhappy Jetshell problem

Getting a problem loading software. When downloading the software Jetshell a message comes up "cannot load _chkser.dll." Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-15-2007, 02:05 PM

Why do you need JetShell? What OS do you use? Did you download the latest JetShell version from Cowon's website?

The underscore in the DLL name suggests that the app hasn't been properly installed.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:15 PM

I am using windows XP Professional. I have iAudio X5L mp3. The problem shows itself after I put in the serial number. Jetshell is the software which comes with XL5. I now have a D2 and the problem persists.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:18 PM

You don't need JetShell for anything - just drag'n'drop files to your players. (I have both, the D2 and X5L as well.)

However, if you must use this app for some reason or other:

Here's the latest version: http://www.cowonglobal.com/zeroboard...bmenu=download

Here's the info about the serial number: http://www.cowonglobal.com/zeroboard...&bmenu=support

Old 11-15-2007, 02:24 PM

Hi Thanks for the information. What do you do without using Jetshell to put music on your D2 & X5L? thxs

Old 11-15-2007, 02:28 PM

I just drag and drop them onto the player, in Windows Explorer. The X5 and D2 are recognized as a standard removable drive (like USB memory sticks, or external USB hard drives). That's the easiest way to do these things, and you don't need any software at all.

(For the D2, make sure it is set to MSC mode in the options, not to MTP mode. But that is the default, so you shouldn't need to worry about that setting.)

Old 11-15-2007, 02:42 PM

Smile

Hi Brilliant. A little bit of information goes a long way with these computers. I keep forgetting, you have to have an open mind when you deal with these things and you can get easily stuck in a rut with these stupid packages like Jetshell.
Thanks very much for your information
Just for intelligence sake I still would like to know what this "_chkser.dll." is, cos I've just bought my D2 today and have put the new software in and it still came up with the same problem. thxs

Old 11-15-2007, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timon2 View Post
Just for intelligence sake I still would like to know what this "_chkser.dll." is, cos I've just bought my D2 today and have put the new software in and it still came up with the same problem. thxs
"_chkser" very much sounds like "check serial number" to me. So it's most likely a totally superfluous security check (which would probably need to access the internet) and no vital part of the program at all... "Superfluous" because everyone can use the serial number Cowon provides on their web page.