android
Old 11-17-2007, 08:37 AM

Default Won't turn on or charge

I was listening to my music and my play froze, as it does at least once every two weeks. I got a toothpick and pressed the reset button, but the toothpick instead went in farther than it should and everything shut off. Now the player won't turn on and won't charge through USB (don't have an AC adapter). I really don't want to have to pay to fix it again as I payed to fixed the screen just a few months back, but if that's the last resort then okay.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-17-2007, 12:19 PM

i have the same problem! my zen is completely dead not even a blue led on top when i connect it ...and when i use my adapter the led lightens up but its not flashing like it used to be doing when charging up..sorry i cant help im waiting for an answer to

Old 11-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleCopter View Post
I was listening to my music and my play froze, as it does at least once every two weeks. I got a toothpick and pressed the reset button, but the toothpick instead went in farther than it should and everything shut off. Now the player won't turn on and won't charge through USB (don't have an AC adapter). I really don't want to have to pay to fix it again as I payed to fixed the screen just a few months back, but if that's the last resort then okay.

Any suggestions?
It sounds like you're going to have to send it in again. There's a good chance the toothpick might have snapped a surface-mount component off the mainboard near where the reset button is.