android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2016, 12:11 PM

Default Upgraded to SD, Now Cannot Install Firmware

Hi there,

This forum proved extremely useful recently when I went ahead and upgraded the storage system, after I finally, after nine years, filled up my 30GB Vision: M. Other than the fact only half the screen works (I sat on it a couple years ago, whoops), it's a great player.

So I was happy to see that it was quite easy, and inexpensive, to upgrade to a 64GB SD card, with an SD-CF adapter, and a CF to ZIF adapter (I used a list of parts from a post on here that were known to work).

Went about replacing everything yesterday - including a new screen I had bought (long story short - the new screen did not work, no matter what. Plugged the old screen back in, boom, worked, well...as much as it did before. Haha). Anyway, I was able to find a shot of the Recover screen (since the left half of the screen is what doesn't work), and went to upload my firmware - but no matter what I did, I got the "Player is not connected" message on the firmware uploader.

Now, the player is clearly recognized by the computer - but shows me that typical "50GB" of empty space, and nothing else. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, and I keep seeing that people have to use XP to load the firmware. I might have access to a very old computer with XP on it, but considering it takes about a month to boot up, I'd rather not if I don't have to.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
firmware, hdd, not connected, sd, vision:m