android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision:M

Old 11-24-2007, 04:50 PM

Default When was the Vision M series cancelled, and do they intend to replace it???

I find it amazing of creative to have 20 different types of mp3 players, and they cancel the best one.

When was it cancelled, and have they said, or even indicated that they will replace it with a better unit of similar style?

By the way, I found and ordered a new Vision M (30GB), thanks for your help with that!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-24-2007, 05:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I believe news of it being discontinued made the rounds in August. It is possible that there will not be another HDD DAP from Creative, and that the Zen is intended to be the long term replacement. Some people have speculated that they may released a HDD PMP to replace the Vision W, and they could of course release another HDD DAP like the Vision:M, it's all pretty much speculation at this point, there could be news of something in January. Most people here think the Vision:M was great, but Creative has been struggling as a company, and the Vision:M didn't change that, so they feel that flash is the more profitable route, they sell better, really the whole market is transitioning to flash only, even PMPs are moving that way.

Old 11-24-2007, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipHopScribe View Post
I believe news of it being discontinued made the rounds in August. It is possible that there will not be another HDD DAP from Creative, and that the Zen is intended to be the long term replacement. Some people have speculated that they may released a HDD PMP to replace the Vision W, and they could of course release another HDD DAP like the Vision:M, it's all pretty much speculation at this point, there could be news of something in January. Most people here think the Vision:M was great, but Creative has been struggling as a company, and the Vision:M didn't change that, so they feel that flash is the more profitable route, they sell better, really the whole market is transitioning to flash only, even PMPs are moving that way.
Thanks Mr. Scribe, that was a very thoughtful response. I appreciate the time you took to thoroughly explain.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:45 PM
Banned

I wonder why Creative is struggling. Whats the deal?

Old 11-29-2007, 08:49 PM
Banned

My bet would be that Creative does intent to introduce a new line of larger-capacity pmp's of 80GB, 100GB, and/or 160GB. But it will take about 1 more year. Creative lags behind iPod by about one year in releasing the latest trends in "mp3 players."

Old 11-30-2007, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerozBooks View Post
My bet would be that Creative does intent to introduce a new line of larger-capacity pmp's of 80GB, 100GB, and/or 160GB. But it will take about 1 more year. Creative lags behind iPod by about one year in releasing the latest trends in "mp3 players."
yeh, the main producer of big hard drives is Toshiba and i think they have a deal with ipod as all the ipod hard drive players i know have them.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:43 PM
Banned

Yes, they do have a very strong business relationship with Toshiba.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:42 PM

Maybe its a part of their deal with Apple. As we know Creative sue Apple for patent infringement and they won it. Apple paid Creative amounting to USD 100M. They have some agreement after the settlement and one of them published is that all Creative can now put the Made for Ipod Logo on their accessories that are designed for Ipod. Maybe part of the deal also is to discontinue the Zen Vision M product since it is the strongest competitor of classic Ipod as return of good gesture of Creative.