android
Old 11-25-2007, 06:49 PM

Unhappy mpeg-4 audio to mp3

i downloaded a bunch of music thats in mpeg-4 audio format, but no matter how much i search, i cant find anything free that will convert them to mp3's for my zvm, also got a song off itunes from a friend and i hate itunes, darn thing came in the same format mpeg-4 audio, ive searched the site, cant find anything, mediamonkey wont even detect these music files, all but one of them is unpreotected, is there anyway i can convert these for my zvm

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-26-2007, 08:58 AM

can't you load them into itunes and convert to mp3? If not, burn them to a CD, and then re-rip the cd.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:39 PM

Default sweet

i had to google it but yea, itunes can convert unprotected files to mp3, unfortunatly theres one song left that is protected and it wont let me convert, actually my ex sent it to me and the file is written to her account and it gives me a verification error, since i didnt buy it, anyone now any third party programs that can do wat the itunes converter does, note: this is the only time i have ever needed to use itunes, so i have very little experiance wit it nor do i like it, buts thanks a bunch krome, all but one file was converted, but i still need somethin to convert this last file, btw, u know any video converters that can convert movies for my zvm with better quality than Ireverter

Old 11-28-2007, 12:58 AM
Ultra Senior Member

If that one unconverted file is a .m4p file, you're pretty much out of luck. There are programs out there that can strip FairPlay DRM from AAC files, but you're going to have to flesh those out with Google. Otherwise, you might want to check out Spiral Frog and see if they have that one song. Spiral Frog is a subscription service, so the files are all WMA-DRM, but you can download all the music you want, and the subscription is free. You just need to renew every month.