android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision:M

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Album formerly recognised, now not (but seen in playlist!)

Anyone else experience this very weird problem?
I transferred an album which had previously been on my ZVM, but moved to make space for other music (yes, I have a large music collection!), then some time later wanted to put the album back on, as I had the rest of the band's music now on the player. I transferred it with Windows Explorer, as I always do, and watched it going over.
However, when I then disconnected the player and looked for the album, it wasn't there!
I tried relabelling the album folder on my PC, transferred again, still no dice. So I fired up Media Explorer and lo and behold! There is was!
Now, I was able to include it on a playlist of this band's albums, using the ME, but the ZVM itself still did not see it. Nevertheless, when I accessed the playlist on the ZVM, all the tracks were there!
Is it possible the album may somehow have lost its ID3 tag information? I noticed that when it's playing off the playlist, instead of saying "Arena --- Bedlam Fayre --- Pepper's Ghost" (being, in order, Artiste, Track, Album) it just says "Bedlam Fayre", the track name. Could that be down to ID3 tagging? It used to find it as Artiste and Album when it was on the player before, and since I removed it all I've done is put it on a DVD, from which I re-copied it.
Would it have anything to do with using Media Explorer? Possible that Windows Explorer ain't reading the information properly from the ID3 tag?
It's running now off the playlist, but if I try to look for the actual album it doesn't show up.
Any ideas?
Also, how do you access tracks that are not assigned to an album, ie ones that just go onto the player under track name?
Thanx for any input!
Troll

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]