android
Old 11-30-2007, 04:03 AM

Default Opinion on MuVo TX FM?

I have been (increasingly desperately) searching for a good AA/AAA battery powered player. The Cowon iAudio G3, which seemed like the best choice, is impossible to find anymore. The iriver T60 is a possible candidate, but I am hearing that its UI, mainly the joystick, is surprisingly bad.

Then I found the creative MuVo TX FM, a relatively old model. The little I could find about it is generally positive, but I haven't been able to find much information.

I would be very interested to know what actual users think about it, and particularly about its sound quality.

The only things that matter to me are sound quality, build quality, ease of operation and batteries I can replace myself. Extra features (like color screens, 3d effects, video, games, coffee-making etc.) I consider as minuses: all I want is a device that plays music well.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I don't have a TX. I have a MuVo N200, but I'm sure they're similar enough. It's a nice little player that is ideally suited for exercising, working out, and other activities not suitable for larger or HDD-based players. Battery life is okay, and sound quality is decent.

Also worth considering, as they are from the same family: MuVo V100, and Zen Nano Plus (discontinued but should still be easy to find). They are direct-connect players, so no USB cable is needed. Both run off a single AAA battery and have between 16-20 hours battery life.

Old 11-30-2007, 02:15 PM

Thanks.

Does it have any special problems?

Can you choose how in what order your files are played? I downloaded the user manual, and all I could find there was that, using the provided software, it is possible to create playlists. What format does it use for these?

Old 11-30-2007, 02:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Dunno about playlists. Generally, files are played in alphanumeric order based on filename. You can create directories (but no subdirectories) and put what music you want in each directory, essentially using them as playlists, though you cannot re-arrange the playback order. There are shuffle modes, however. You can shuffle songs within a single folder, or shuffle between folders.

You can read more on the MuVo V100 on Creative's site.

Old 12-01-2007, 01:41 AM

Thanks. That's helpful.

I have been an old Sandisk player where the order in which files were transferred into the player determined the play order. This was annoying, because my only way to make sure tracks were played in the right order (I listen mainly to classical music, so the order of pieces matters) is to transfer them one by one in the desired order.

Old 05-18-2008, 05:07 PM

I had one for years , the 128Mb :-) . A trustworthy companion .Oh .. Nostalghia.

The build in radio certainly was an astonishing extra at that time. It did the job.

Old 12-16-2008, 02:19 PM

Have had a 512gb model for three or four years and it still works perfectly despite many knocks and constant usage. Being AAA means with a spare (rechargable) battery in your pocket you never run out of power and as above poster said the FM option is a great extra. No hesitation in recommending it especially as I imagine it can be bought very cheaply.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:28 PM

I like it. It's tough, very usable, and the battery thing is, as noted, very handy. Audio quality's not amazing but it's good enough for listening to casually.

Old 09-25-2010, 02:54 PM

I have the 256mb model and love it BUT I cannot get it to sync music with windows 7..no drivers for it.