android
Old 11-04-2007, 03:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I have both and use both. I use the dock to connect my ZVM to my stereo and charge to charge it and I use the dongle to sync my player with my PC. Like Aardvark said, they're essentially the same thing.

My preferred video/audio converter, DVD ripper: Media Coder

Players I own: Creative Zen Vision:M 30GB, Net MD MZ-S1

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-04-2007, 07:35 PM

So why does Creative sell the Docking station and why did a customer service person tell me that the sync adapter only charges? I mean if they do the same thing then what is the point beside one having it stand up? I don't know where they got the adjustable docking station from because its not.

Old 11-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm not sure either. But I think one distinct advantage of the docking station is that you can leave it permanently connected to your desktop computer and, whenever you need to charge or sync, just drop your player into the dock and launch WMP (or whatever you use to sync). No having to look around for your sync adapter and cables and getting everything connected. It's a lot like the old-school docks for the Palm Pilots.

Old 11-04-2007, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenChick View Post
I'm not sure either. But I think one distinct advantage of the docking station is that you can leave it permanently connected to your desktop computer and, whenever you need to charge or sync, just drop your player into the dock and launch WMP (or whatever you use to sync). No having to look around for your sync adapter and cables and getting everything connected. It's a lot like the old-school docks for the Palm Pilots.
Thats if you have two usb to 5pin mini connector because the sync adapter can also be "permanently" attach to the computer too. Thanks for the replies everyone but I think I have just accepted that they are both the same beside one being stand up and the other laying down.

Old 11-04-2007, 08:58 PM

I've been using the dock to plug my player into my home theater and the sync adapter at my computer...very handy.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:26 PM

remember though, that the dongle works with all ZVM and ZVW, but the dock is tailored for the slim ZVM or fat ZVM.

Old 11-30-2007, 05:54 PM

Default ZVM docking station...

O.K... here's the deal. I originally bought my ZVM 60GB from Dell, and I couldn't be happier with it. But I misplaced the USB adapter for it, so I was out of luck if I wanted to update my content. So I went back to Dell and picked up the docking station.

And here's the sucky part...

The unit they have at Dell is for the 30GB, not the 60GB. The page for the dock doesn't specify. But Dell won't take it back for a full refund because it's not defective... they want to charge a restock fee to return it, on top of me coevring return shipping.

That's the long; here's the short...

Anyone have a dock station for a 60GB and want to trade for a 30GB dock? Or better yet, just swap the removable trays?

Old 12-01-2007, 02:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

There's a difference between the two???

Old 12-01-2007, 02:20 PM

The 60GB I have is thicker than the 30GB unit. The docking station has a removable white tray that the units fit directly into. I'm guessing they use the same base dock with a different tray for the 30GB and 60GB unit.

The one I bought didn't specify on the page, and it turned out to be the one for the 30GB unit.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:20 AM

Default Docking Station. This is exactly what I want...

... but for the Zen Vision:M

http://www.datakits.co.uk/store/ipod...te-p-4881.html

I guess there isn't an equivilant product, but boy would I love to have something like this. My dream would be to have a dock I could drop my Zen into, it would charge, and be connected to my home stereo, and I could control it with a remote.

I guess that's the one advantage of an Ipod, the amount of cheap accessories for it. Damn all those people lured by a pretty face ;-)

Old 02-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

You mean like one of these?

Old 02-05-2008, 04:28 AM

Quote:
You mean like one of these?
Yes, but 2 differences.

1) Price. The Ipod one on my link is only 10.99 (that's GBP, about $20 USD) . The genuine dock is about 25
2) Remote. The Ipod dock shown has remote control over the Ipod.

I know it's unlikey to be made, if ever, due to the much smaller market share the Zen has, but I look on in envy at the range of Ipod accessories. This one caught my eye as just what I want for my Zen.

Will have to make do with a current setup of an av cable with built in dock connector hanging out the back of the stereo

Old 02-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

That's all the iPod really has - accessories. In the two years I've owned my ZVM, I admit to lusting over an accessory or three, but then I realized that the only thing they would really do for me is make my player look unique -- which it already does! So, I listen to my player with a nice pair of Denon IEMs, or over my home or car stereo with a simple 3.5mm Y-cable, enjoy the included FM radio, protect it with a nice silicone case - and then I realized: I already have everything I need!

Old 02-08-2008, 04:52 PM

Quote:
That's all the iPod really has - accessories. In the two years I've owned my ZVM, I admit to lusting over an accessory or three, but then I realized that the only thing they would really do for me is make my player look unique -- which it already does! So, I listen to my player with a nice pair of Denon IEMs, or over my home or car stereo with a simple 3.5mm Y-cable, enjoy the included FM radio, protect it with a nice silicone case - and then I realized: I already have everything I need!
Look boys....look long...........look hard.............this is a girl who is satisfied.

Proly the only one you are ever gonna see.

We of the maleness salute you oh great Chick of the Zen

Old 02-11-2008, 01:26 PM

ZC. Creative has the dock on sale now.

http://us.creative.com/products/prod...&product=14485

The Dragon Calls! I must Go!
Canon EOS Rebel XT -- Canon Powershot S5IS

Old 03-12-2008, 09:43 PM

Question for those who have the upright adapter/ docking station... I know that, on it's own, it isn't heavy or stable enough to press buttons on the Zen while docked. But if the dock were permanently attached to something, would the dock hold the Zen securely enough to press buttons, or hold the Zen in place in a car?

I'm working on creating a docking/charging station for my car, but need to know of the docking station alone will hold the Zen, or if I'll need to, um, add to it.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:39 PM

Help Where to Buy a ZVM Docking Station?

I recently purchased a Zen Vision M 60GB model and realize that many of you have been using yours and enjoying them for a while now. I'm really enjoying it myself! Being that I am new to the ZVM, I have been searching for a couple of docking stations so that I can have one at home and one at work. The problem is that it seems that they are not in existence anywhere anymore. Is there someone out there that may have knowledge of any of these that are still for sale probably collecting dust on some store shelf somewhere? Thanks for any help with this!

Old 01-26-2009, 05:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Moved to correct sub-forum. You may want to check out the suggestions in this area for a playdock. Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 01-28-2009, 07:17 AM

I'm still looking for a docking station or one that is compatible with this model. Are there any suggestions of where to look? Thanks in adavance for your help.

Old 01-28-2009, 07:42 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Merged with existing thread.

Zen FAQ