android
Old 12-02-2007, 07:07 AM

Default Vision M: 60gb or Vision: M 60gb SLIM?

Hey guys, just wondering which one I should get? I have been diligently searching through ebay for a 60gb vision: m and I have found both the slim and regular models for sale. But I might want to upgrade the HDD in my player at a later date if I buy one of these, so I need to know which one is the easiest to upgrade? I know that Toshiba has a brand new 1.8" HDD that was just released and will be available for sale in the next coming months and this looks enticing.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-02-2007, 07:41 AM

The fat one would be easiest to upgrade but it is possible to put the bigger hard drives in the slim one. I know for certain because i have only just upgraded my 30GB one, which is obviously slim.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:20 AM
Banned

I'm going to try what you did - putting a double-platter fat 60GB hard drive in a 30GB. I tried it before and it didn't work, but willing to try one more time.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerozBooks View Post
I'm going to try what you did - putting a double-platter fat 60GB hard drive in a 30GB. I tried it before and it didn't work, but willing to try one more time.
Did you read in the "Replace hard drive with larger capacity one" thread my 2nd to last post about why it might have fitted, about taking out the rubber bit by the battery, this may be why it worked i doubt it though, try for yourself. When putting it back together make sure to do the bottom screws first it won't go back together otherwise, you have to kind of push it together while putting the screws in.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ3F3Y View Post
about taking out the rubber bit by the battery
Yeah, I had mentioned that already so your reply was weird--like I didn't get it or something.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerozBooks View Post
Yeah, I had mentioned that already so your reply was weird--like I didn't get it or something.
Oh right, must have not read properly, anyway hopefully you'll be able to get it in there.