android
Old 12-06-2007, 09:54 AM

Default charging the battery for t10

Hi,

just wanted to know if there's anything wrong, if my T10 reads "USB connected" instead of "charging" or "fully charged", even after almost 2 hours of charging for the first time.

please reply, thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-06-2007, 11:02 AM

it's supposed to be like that. mine does the same. just check the battery symbol at the top of the screen.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:00 PM

Question, is the T10 suppose to display like a "FULL CHARGE" message when it's fully charged because my mp3 just keeps showing the battery bar charging?

Old 12-08-2007, 07:41 AM

No it doesn't but you can see that it's fully charged when the battery bar isn't "scrolling" anymore. It also will never stop flashing.

Old 12-08-2007, 09:48 AM

Smile

If you just plug the USB cable to an AC to USB adapter (I got one for my GPS), you'll be in charging "mode" with a big battery symbol.

Old 12-08-2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f-rouz View Post
No it doesn't but you can see that it's fully charged when the battery bar isn't "scrolling" anymore. It also will never stop flashing.
Okay that clarify a few things. Thanks.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehT10 View Post
Question, is the T10 suppose to display like a "FULL CHARGE" message when it's fully charged because my mp3 just keeps showing the battery bar charging?
when I charged the battery for the first time it took a good 2 hours, maybe little bit more. I just kept seeing battery bar charging, and I was getting nervous because my sister has older samsung mp3 player and she said that her mp3 player is fully charged in one hour.

After good 2 hours I figured something may be wrong. I went to disconnect the usb cable on the t10 when on the screen it said "Fully charged". So I would keep it charging until you see that on your T10.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:28 PM

Help

Even if i am repeating some other's questions, please let's get it clear for everybody:

The PDF-manual says on page 20, chapter "CHARGING THE BATTERY":
Quote:
Originally Posted by English PDF-Manual
Screen Display
* USB connected
* Charging...
* Fully Charged
My T10-JAW (=4GB white) has the firmware 1.15EU, and when i connect the cable to my PC, the screen displays only "USB connected" and the tiny battery symbol in the top right shows a 'scrolling' movement.

The display does NOT show "Charging...".

After ? hours, the symbol begins to 'flash'. Still, no English words saying "Fully Charged". But i have the feeling that a flashing symbol means a 'battery is full'.

Some of you have reported that this is normal and that the charging process is completed. Others of you claim that they see a "Fully Charged" on their display (with no, or no more, flashing little symbol).

I am confused...

FIRST OF ALL, who has ever seen the word "Charging..." on their screen? And why dont others see it??

Thanks for some clarification!!

Old 01-25-2008, 03:47 PM

on mine (T10JABY) I only get "USB Connected", and the scrolling battery showing that its charging. When its done, it flashes the entire symbol with all 4 bars. I've never seen Fully Charged on the T10.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolxen View Post
on mine (T10JABY) I only get "USB Connected", and the scrolling battery showing that its charging. When its done, it flashes the entire symbol with all 4 bars. I've never seen Fully Charged on the T10.
ok, let me get in contact with Samsung Germany Support Team for some second-hand info.. (first-hand info would be through Samsung Korea Development Team )

Maybe it's my firmware. Too old.

EDIT: i've updated to v1.55 EU MTP. still the same 'problem'.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:19 PM
Samsung Moderator

Did anyone read the manual where it states that you should charge your battery the first time for 4-5 hours regardless of when it says fully charged (after about 3 hours). The first charge is to ensure that the fuel gauge and the battery sync and your player knows EXACTLY how high your battery charges.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:19 PM

The "Charging..." and "Fully Charged" messages only show up if you're charging using a USB wall adapter, "USB Connected" shows up when you connect to the computer.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Did anyone read the manual where it states that you should charge your battery the first time for 4-5 hours regardless of when it says fully charged (after about 3 hours). The first charge is to ensure that the fuel gauge and the battery sync and your player knows EXACTLY how high your battery charges.
The manual *for the T10* does NOT say such a thing, at least i cannot find such a statement in the manuals:
http://www.samsung.com/download/Mode...AW&filetype=UM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfox View Post
The "Charging..." and "Fully Charged" messages only show up if you're charging using a USB wall adapter, "USB Connected" shows up when you connect to the computer.
It is an idea to buy such an adapter for EUR7.99 at Mediamarkt.

Hopefully i can verify or confirm or prove your statement in future.
Thanks for your answers and help in this thread!!

Old 02-22-2008, 07:38 AM

Red face you dont need any ADAPTER. I dont own any. The below were done with a PC!

I talked to Samsung and they told me how to "get" the above screens with your PC, i.e. WITHOUT THE USE OF ANY ADAPTER. Now i know that my T10 is just fine as i bought it...
(i adjusted the JPEG's contrast and brightness so that you can recognize the background of the display.)
as you can see there *is* a background image displayed unlike in the "normal charging mode" where you only see a BLACK background with <scrolling battery symbol + USB connected>:

here what most of you guys and girls see when you do charging with your PC :

I dont own any adapter and I dont think that i am going to buy one (see my post above what i mean with "adapter"). Your PC is totally sufficient to charge the battery and to get BOTH 'charging status screens' (the "Charging", or the "USB connected") which ever you prefer to see. For my part, I prefer the "Charging" -> "Fully charged" display

[...]

When the battery is empty/decharged and you are still using the T10 (e.g. listening to music), the T10 will power off itself, automatically. happened to me. When you then try to turn it back on, the T10 displays a warning message, something like ~"Your battery power is low. The T10 will soon switch off automatically." --- which it immediately(!) does *LMAO*

[...]

Maybe we can talk now about your measured or experienced battery capacity (in hours).
My battery is charged in 2.0hours. Definitely less than 3.0hours. Charging is fast.
Decharging is fast too, if you listen to 192kbps-MP3's or 128kbps-WMA's (capacity: ~15 hours).

i dont have any 128kbps-MP3's, so i cannot test/measure the official "30 hours" of battery capacity, which would be quite long. According to the engineering lab of http://www.mp3-flash.de , the actual battery capacity is 26 hours (for 128kbps-MP3's, listened at VOLUME=15). I dont trust them, however I somehow have the feeling that they collaborate with Samsung *ggg*

Old 02-22-2008, 09:16 AM

That was confusing. Exactly what did you do to get just the scrolling battery symbol.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:19 AM

Cool

1. disconnect the T10 from the USB cable
2. disconnect the USB cable from the USB interface of your (turned on) PC
3. close SMS5
4. boot down your PC (=shut down WindowsXPsp2)
5. power off your PC (with the on/off-button on the FRONT of your pc)
6. connect the USB cable to the USB interface of your (turned off) PC
7. connect the T10 to the USB cable
8. be surprised

note: the BACK of your PC has an I/O-power switch at the power supply:

Leave that switch ON. And also leave the 'AC power in' PLUGGED.
Now you will agree that an adapter is not needed unless you're on the road..
In other words, you get the "Charging"->"Fully charged" display WHEN YOUR PC IS TURNED OFF, and you get the "USB connected" display WHEN YOUR PC IS TURNED ON (AND NOT EVEN BOOTED).

Old 02-22-2008, 11:00 PM

I must be feeling optimistic today, because I followed your steps, but it did not work.
Why would power be supplied to the USB ports when the system isn't booted? If power was being supplied then almost all USB devices (e.g a webcam) would continue to be on when a PC is shut down.

Old 02-23-2008, 08:06 AM

hi, i tested the steps 1-8 on two different PC's. my very old PC (Pentium1) at home, and the new hp workstations at school. At both PC systems, i did not unplug or touch the main high voltage cable (230V) nor did i touch the I/O-switch of the power supply of the PC at the back of the PC. All i did was a simple Windows boot down and then pushed (it's not a switch) the Power Off-button, as described. The front of my old PC has a greenn LED, which blinks (intermittent light signal) when i turn off my PC that way. This means that the PC (its mainboard) is STILL supplied with voltage...because the power supply isnt switched off at the back. (*FYI* the internal fan (ventilator) of the power supply STOPS RUNNING, of course, when i turn off the PC at/from the front. )

Yes, you must be feeling optimistic :=)

Ok, let's ask around. Who else followed my steps and got the desired result, as shown on the screen shots?

Old 02-24-2008, 12:08 AM

Okay. I'll go and try it on some other PCs to see if it isn't just something with my PC.

EDIT: I haven't tried another PC yet, but I restarted my pc and then went into the bios settings (so that windows wouldn't boot). I then plugged in my T10 and it showed the charging screen. It looks pretty cool. It is a bit of a hassle just to get a special charging screen. I suspect that this screen will occur whenever it is plugged into a PC (turned on) which doesn't have MTP drivers loaded.

I'm going to buy a wall charger anyway :P

Old 02-24-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slisochies View Post
and then went into the bios settings
so your PC is powered on.
mine is definitely shut down (Windows) and powered off (front button of PC case).

Hmmh...i should try another thing...Using an standard external USB adapter (1-to-4; for PC's) and disconnect the "1" (its cable) from the PC back. If that then works, then i already have "an" adapter I'll let you know..