android
Old 02-05-2008, 11:26 PM

my question is how do i attach album art through media explorer... sorry for not making my question clear

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-05-2008, 11:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Oh. Not at all sure about Media Explorer (haven't used it in over a year and a half). I know it's insanely easy with WMP11 though.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:55 AM

Have you chosen Views from upper menu and then Album? The screen looks like Detail View not Album View.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:59 AM

i cant choose album because there isnt such an option.. there's only "small icon", "medium icon", "large icon", "extra large icon", "list", "detail" and "tiles".. i tried WMP11, doesn't seem to work either... any suggestions?

Old 02-06-2008, 03:42 AM
Ultra Senior Member

*blinks*

Okay, I officially have no idea what it is you're trying to do now...

Old 02-06-2008, 04:16 AM

use windows media player when you put music on your zen. ambum art works all the time for me.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:14 AM

From my low-tech experiments (without using tools like mediamonkey), having folder.jpg in the same folder as the album, I think you have to use the zen explorer, and use the 'add media' (something like that) or straight drag and drop (don't remember anymore, I am a big fan of mediamonkey now so no more low tech procedures). The importer will detect the jpg image in the album folder, this action will create a folder of the same name in the photo directory and place the image there. The image will be linked to your album when viewing in your zen.
I think there is a .alb file in the album folder that magically links the album art. The size is 0 bytes so it's probably used as a flag to the operating system to look for the image.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:06 AM

I was never able to add any album art with Media Monkey. I embedded the jpg file to ID3 in any way possible and Zen never showed it. I haven't tested Zen Media Explorer with Vista yet and I'm surprised there's no album view, gotta try it.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:25 PM

One thing I noticed with mediamonkey...Do not have the image in the same directory as the mp3's, use a temp directory. When associating the image, do not have the image copied into said directory and don't link it. Once image tagged, make sure you don't have it in the directory, make sure you see it in mediamonkey, then try to import to your player.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:10 PM

its alright i managed to fix the problem with iTunes, haha. i will try what you guys advised, still

Old 02-07-2008, 07:55 AM

In MediaMonkey, if you go to the configuration menu for devices, you can check the boxes that say "sync all album art to track folders" and "copy album art to track tags". This will ensure that you will get album art when syncing with MMonkey since both types of album art detection are being used.
If you use true drag and drop (without Zen Media Explorer), you can copy folders directly into the Music folder on your Zen and you will get all the music but not the album art. If you use Zen Media Explorer (which uses a drag and drop interface), and you select the Music icon and then drag/drop, you will get the album art.
This made me think that the folder.jpg detection is used on the Zen. This is bad if all your music is all in one folder and you wish to use drag-and-drop rather than syncing software (btw, the included syncing software is terrible).
Also, if you have albums that have the same name, ie Greatest Hits or Unplugged, the Zen will just choose the album art for one album and apply it to all with the same name. I fixed this by distinguishing the artist name, ie "Eric Clapton: Unplugged" rather than simply "Unplugged".

Old 02-07-2008, 10:02 AM

I WISH I could get the Zen to ignore "The" and "A" for sorting purposes. I'd also love to have separate "Album Artist" and "Track Artist" sections so that I can easily navigate to whole compilation albums where the album artist would be "Various" but each track has a different artist.

If the firmware was open source, these things would be available before you can say antidisestabl...... antidistrib....... antidistinctlyminty..... whatever.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Change it to Beatles, The....

Old 02-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumx4182 View Post
Same thought.... Even though I understand this to maybe be an issue to some, but for myself not so much. Just tag the files with the correct information based upon how you know it will be sorted.

Edit: Sup; To a fellow Buckeye!

Old 02-07-2008, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumx4182 View Post
Just way, the I'm doing it either.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:51 PM

Yeah, we all know that that would be a workaround, but frankly it shouldn't be necessary to make this change. For a start, they're called "The Beatles" not "Beatles, The". Also, the Zen is supposed to be compatible with WMP, which DOES ignore "The" and "A" for sorting, so the Zen should behave in the same way.

Creative aren't exactly new to the digital audio player scene, so you'd think they'd be on top op such simple issues by now....

Old 02-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
Edit: Sup; To a fellow Buckeye!
"Oh, we don't giva damn for the whole state of Michigan,
We're from O-hi-o, GO BUCKS!"

Old 02-15-2008, 11:30 PM

Default Album Art Mixup

I have a provblem A few times when I have downloaded songs from My PC Harddrive to My ZEN the Album Art that should be with the album or track is replaced by Album Art from a different album /track

Does anyone else have this problem with Album art mix-ups? and what can be done to get the zen to upload the correct album art?

Old 02-17-2008, 01:31 PM

Default Questions about themes and album art

Is it possible to change the theme of the player? And if I change the wallpaper will it only change the background of the main screen or the background of the whole palyer?
And still one question, do the album art work well with Windows Media Player, in other words do the album arts transfer right in the player from WMP?

Thanks.

Old 02-17-2008, 03:42 PM

Default Is there a way to turn OFF the album art on the Zen?

Love my Zen 16GB...but the album art for my tracks is all screwed up. Is there a way to tell the Zen NOT to display album art at all? Thanks .