android
Old 02-18-2008, 03:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The best advice I can give (aside from ensuring that your tracks are properly tagged) is ensuring that you don't have more than one album with the same name (think "Greatest Hits" albums).

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-18-2008, 03:42 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Yes, you can change the theme of the player. Simply go to System --> Display Settings --> Theme: and select your theme.

Changing the wallpaper overrides the theme backdrop, and - yes, it is a global setting.

Album art works well with WMP. If you have WMP set to sync pictures, and if you are starting with a clean player, then WMP will transfer your album art without a problem.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:45 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Unfortunately, no. You could always remove the album art, but I think you'll find it's far, far easier to just clean up the tags on your tracks than it is to strip all the art and hidden .jpg files from all the millions of nooks and crannies where stray album art likes to hide - and breed...

Old 02-18-2008, 06:09 AM
Paul4763

Default Anyway of getting rid of album art?

The album art on my Zen is awfully annoying. The first I synced I used the Creative Sync manager and then I got a Windows error message halfway through. And only half of my songs where on there and the vast majority had the same album cover. Then I reset and tried using Windows Media Player, and again that errored halfway through and the songs again had messed up album art. So then I tried the Media Explorer, and it worked but sadly all the album art was still the same?

Is there a fix for this or can I just opt not to have album art or something?

Thanks.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:07 AM

Thanks. I had some problems with the album art with Samsung Z5 and WMP, so I had some doubt on these album arts at all.
Changing the theme seems to be easy, but however I can't upload to the player some new theme from my pc, right?

Thanks, again.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:11 AM

That's the thing. The tags ARE clean--I've spent God knows how many hours in the past making sure of it.

How do I go about deleting the album art on the Zen?

Old 02-18-2008, 07:56 AM

No you can't add new themes, but they just change the color of cursors (default choices are enough for me), wallpaper is customizable anyway.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstar One View Post
That's the thing. The tags ARE clean--I've spent God knows how many hours in the past making sure of it.

How do I go about deleting the album art on the Zen?

There's No Way to do it on the player itself...

If you have no aversion to using WMP, as long as your album art is correct in WMP, all subsequent WMP files transfered to your Zen will (in turn) disply the correct album art.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:42 AM

The only time I've ever experienced 'wrong album art syndrome' is when syncing songs with similar album titles i.e. the Ultimate Hits/Greatest Hits series.

I solved this by changing the album titles to (ARTIST NAME) Greatest Hits, and have had no issues since.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenChick View Post
The best advice I can give (aside from ensuring that your tracks are properly tagged) is ensuring that you don't have more than one album with the same name (think "Greatest Hits" albums).
Exactly!

You can resolve this issue by simply placing the Artist Name in front (or back) of the Greatest Hits in the album title.

Works Every Time

Additionally: Why So Many Album Art Issues Lately?

Old 02-18-2008, 12:08 PM

Browse to your Zen in windows explorer, go to the 'albums' folder and delete all the files.

If the tags really are clean the album art shouldn't return.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:53 PM

It is starnge I download all my music to a specific Folder and some WMP finds the Album art, for others it does not,
Any how even after moving downloaded songs to my external HD after syncing I try to syn new Mp3 from the download folder and they still somehow pick up the album art from a previously synced song??

I even have it happen when I do one track at atime, it doesn't happen always but enouigh to be annoying and i have to delete the track or entire group from ZEN and resync.

Is the problem with how I am downloading them? I do nothing with them after downloading prior to syncing, I just select individual Mp3 and using Zen sync ro WMP I sync them,

I have noticed it happens with Zens software as well as WMP's Built in Sync option.

???

Old 02-18-2008, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenChick View Post
Yes, you can change the theme of the player. Simply go to System --> Display Settings --> Theme: and select your theme.

Changing the wallpaper overrides the theme backdrop, and - yes, it is a global setting.

Album art works well with WMP. If you have WMP set to sync pictures, and if you are starting with a clean player, then WMP will transfer your album art without a problem.
First of all Zenchick Thank you for all your help, In the above reply you mention a Clean player? what do you mean by that?

Also what should the setting be in WMP to sync pictures?

Old 02-18-2008, 02:35 PM

How does the tags link to album art? I rather not have any album art on my player.

Old 02-20-2008, 06:48 PM

Default I want JUST album art, but MM keeps changing my tags!

Hope this hasn't been covered already, but I didnt see this question anywhere. I just got the new Zen (to replace my Zen Xtra). What an improvement!

All my tags are already complete. I am trying to just add album covers, but I can't figure out how to do that without messing up my tags. For example, I tag all my Clash albums as "Clash." When I try to add album art through Media Monkey, it changes the group name to "The Clash," which I hate! Then when I try to change things back in MP3 Library, I sometimes lose the album art. This is taking far to much energy.

So, can anyone teach me how to simply add album art to the tags without changing anything else? Is there a program that will JUST add album art?

Thanks in advance.

g

Old 02-20-2008, 06:59 PM

Highlight all the tracks to be tagged, right click into the AA screen (lower left), select edit AA tab, import from the directory where the album art is stored. This process does not change the tags.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 02-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

if you're using Amazon to tag, just uncheck the boxes next to everything but the album art, then only album art will get copied over...

Old 02-20-2008, 07:42 PM

Ooooooo . . . duh. Thanks guys. That did the trick.

g

Old 02-20-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumx4182 View Post
if you're using Amazon to tag, just uncheck the boxes next to everything but the album art, then only album art will get copied over...
Yes sumx this method is better, don’t know what I was thinking when I replied, guess I have too much stuff I scan that I can’t find on the net.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 02-21-2008, 07:03 PM

sorry if this might be obvious but do you use amazon to add album art?