android
Old 06-05-2008, 03:14 PM

Default Problem with album art... can it just be removed completely?

I have been having problems with the album art on my Creative ZEN.

The wrong album art is being applied to albums. Dozens of times over I see the /same/ art being applied to various albums... I'm finding this extremely frustrating.

Is there any way to just remove the album art alltogether?
I would rather that than have the incorrect art.

Please help.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Some have reported when using WinXP with WMP10, you can use the Album View in Windows Explorer to edit the album art directly. Browse to your Zen in windows explorer, go to the 'albums' folder and delete all the files. I have not tried or verified this so I can't say for sure it works or not.

Other then that, I'm afraid you will have to copy all of the audio files off the Zen to you hard drive on your computer, use a program to remove the album art from the ID3 tags, and then copy them back to the Zen (album art free).

MP3Tag is great for this. It is a mass tagger, so you can easily have it remove all album art from those files is just a few clicks. When using MP3Tag, after you make changes to a particular file or many files when they are all highlighted, you need to make sure you save the changes or else they won't stay. Ctrl-S or File > Save Tag. Check these directions in this thread for clear and excellent directions.

Edit: Merged with main album art thread.

Zen FAQ

Old 06-06-2008, 10:11 AM

Default Album and Track Art

I have searched but cant quite find a full answer to solve my problem.

I am using media monkey to sync my music to the zen,is it possible with various artist albums to have the individual singles art displayed when that track plays from the album,i hope that make sense ?

i.e. i've attatched the singles art to its tag but kept all the songs in one album,what seems to happen is that zen just displays the first songs art for all the tracks.

Old 06-09-2008, 05:38 PM

yeah i noticed the greatest hits too so I edited all of the "greatest hits" cds I had in windows media player to having the bands name first i.e. Guns N' Roses' Greatest Hits. This ended the greatest hits album problem.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:30 PM

How can I tell if I have album art inbedded in my files. I don't have a Zen yet (saving up for one) to see if it its in there. I'm using EAC with Lame to rip my music.
Thanks

Old 06-09-2008, 09:37 PM
Ultra Senior Member

mp3deficient: You may want to take a look at this thread from the beginning, as well as Zen FAQ (see signature).

Zen FAQ

Old 06-10-2008, 06:53 AM

I tried the mp3tag but only works sometimes. I had a picture with 500x500 and it worked but the rest did not.

I used this thread but no luck can anybody. point to a different guide .

Cheers oh wii

Old 06-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

MP3Tag has been rock solid for me for years. To get it to show on the Zen correctly, consider using WMP or MediaMonkey. I have used WMP11 and it works well. I have never really used MediaMonkey much, but many like it. Post 101

For the most reliable results, album art on the Zen should probably be kept to 200x200. Anything larger seems to cause problems for most people.

Zen FAQ

Old 06-10-2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
Ok, I believe the no "album Art" view in Vista/Zen Media Explorer is more related to WMP. The album view was a feature used by WMP10. Upgrading to WMP11 removes this feature. I have no idea why Microsoft would do this. Since Vista comes with WMP11 and not WMP10, there is no "Ablum View".
Not sure what you mean...I'm running Vista with WMP11 and I have 'album view'.

I tag all my new music with media monkey, add it to the wmp11 library, sync to either the Zen Vision:M or the Zen and I have album art, no problem.

Old 06-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Not sure what you mean...I'm running Vista with WMP11 and I have 'album view'.
The "album view" in Zen Media Explorer; not the "album view"in WMP? 3 different computers I've tested with Vista (1 full install and 2 upgrades) lost the album view in the Zen Media Explorer once upgraded to WMP11.

Zen FAQ

Old 06-11-2008, 03:20 PM

Default batch tagging none musicfiles on the player

Is there any programs that allows me to do this in batches when the tracks are on the player. I know I can use creatives own software to do it one by one but not in batches. And it takes quite some time to do that. Tried mp3tagger which was recommended here but that does not recognise the player.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:54 PM
Ultra Senior Member

swedboy: Post merged with main ID3 tag thread that already discusses the issue. Please check out post 123 above. Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 06-14-2008, 07:19 PM

Default ID3 tag mapping?

2nd question of the day...

I totally dig my new 32GB Zen. However there is one thing bugging the heck out of me. The "Artists" menu pulls from the "Contributing Artist" ID3 tag instead of the "Album Artist." When scrolling through the little screen it's a pain in the butt to have to scroll past every Contributing Artist entry created for every song where someone was a guest vocalist or something. In 32GB, that's a whole lot of scrolling!

Anyone know if it is possible to change or customize this?

Old 06-14-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
The "album view" in Zen Media Explorer; not the "album view"in WMP? 3 different computers I've tested with Vista (1 full install and 2 upgrades) lost the album view in the Zen Media Explorer once upgraded to WMP11.
oops...sorry, didn't understand. I have never installed any Creative software so I wasn't sure what you meant. My bad

Old 06-15-2008, 12:58 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Nicole: I would verify your ID3 tags with a different program (like MP3Tag). You will most likely have to change to not use that category with the program (WMP?) you are using for tagging and syncing files to the Zen. Check out this post from another member with the same problem.

werezenwolf: No problem.

Zen FAQ

Old 06-15-2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Nicole: I would verify your ID3 tags with a different program (like MP3Tag). You will most likely have to change to not use that category with the program (WMP?) you are using for tagging and syncing files to the Zen. Check out this post from another member with the same problem.
Sorry I didn't add to this thread in the first place, but I figured it didn't fit since it had nothing to do with album art.

Yes, my tags are clean. Squeaky clean, my collection is too big to manage it otherwise. I tried MP3Tag anyway. I found something interesting:

WMP: "Artist" = ID3 "Album Artist." "Contributing Artist" = ID3 "Artist"
MP3Tag: "Artist" = ID3 "Artist." No support for ID3 "Album Artist."
WinAmp" "Artist" = ID3 "Artist." Supports ID3 "Album Artist"

Syncing with the included Zen software produces the same result. The Zen is working by reading the ID3 Artist tag (aka Contributing Artist) when I really want it to read ID3 Album Artist, which seems to be the logical choice to me. I found similar frustrations expressed on the Creative user forums just now.

Ah well, no player is perfect. I guess I have to decide if I want to wreck my ID3 tags to get them to display the way I want on the Zen... or deal with it.

Last edited by Nicole; 06-15-2008 at 01:31 PM.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeah, it seems like a lot of work for you if you wanted to get it switched around in your tags. I wouldn't blame you for deciding to living with it. I have over 4300 songs in my collection and they still aren't completely tagged to my liking yet. It's really a never ending battle.

Zen FAQ

Old 06-16-2008, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Yeah, it seems like a lot of work for you if you wanted to get it switched around in your tags. I wouldn't blame you for deciding to living with it. I have over 4300 songs in my collection and they still aren't completely tagged to my liking yet. It's really a never ending battle.
Well, I had to do something while waiting for my new Zen to show up. Cleaning tags was just the thing to keep me occupied instead of looking for the big brown truck.

Old 06-16-2008, 12:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeah.... even then it was hard to not think about it wasn't it?

Most of my audio files didn't have any ID3 info at all since many were dated back over 10 years ago and most were ripped without tagging. It was a lot of work (still is). However, since they were blank, I find them easier to work with them instead of the ones that need corrected due to incorrect tags.

Zen FAQ

Last edited by BobbyRS; 06-19-2008 at 02:56 PM.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:52 AM

Not sure if this has been said before, but it worked everytime for me:

1.) Connect your player to your computer
2.) Open ZEN Media Explorer
3.) Click "Browse Media"
4.) Go ahead and drag n' drop your media (unless you haven't already)
5.) Now go to view>album
6.) If all you get is the generic little symbol (you know what I mean), just drag a picture from the internet or your computer to that symbol.
7.) It should flash and chane to what you just dragged there.
8.) Enjoy

And for some reason, MediaMonkey sucks when it comes to putting music on my Zen. The first time I tried, it wasted so much time converting the tracks to 144 kpb/s Mp3, then synced it. Unplugged it and I found that there was nothing on it. I went to browse the media in it and it was all folders, no files to be found. So then I dragged n dropped it after having to convert them all manually, and the ones that didn't have the album art, even though it was embedded, I just used my method to fix it, and it has never failed.

EDIT: It won't work if don't have the ID3 tag filled out for the album. But given the fac you say that the art was embedded, it really shouldn't be a problem.