android
Old 12-07-2007, 09:19 PM

Default Need Help With Bookmarks

Hi, all. I bought my Pilot mainly to listen to audiobooks and watch video. Thanks to this forum, I know the settings I need to convert video to the proper format for viewing.

My problem is that the Rating wheel doesn't seem to be creating bookmarks for me. I go into a song and push it and hold it down, and nothing happens. No context menu or anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-08-2007, 08:07 PM

Are you sure you're pushing straight down on the bookmarks/ratings button? This switch is something that can be improved on in the next gen Pilot. It can sometimes be a little finicky. Hopefully the next gen Pilot will have a dedicated and smoother bookmark button.

Last edited by FrododorF; 12-08-2007 at 09:23 PM.

Old 12-08-2007, 10:37 PM

Thanks for the response. Yes, I'm pushing straight down. Done it over and over, and nothing.

I did find that when I turn off the device and turn it back on, it remembers my last position, so I guess as long as I don't have to do anything like charging or syncing, I'll be okay. Unfortunately, the chances of that are slim and none.

I guess I can take it back to BB, but I'd hate to do that. I'm guessing that's what I'm going to end up having to do, though.

Old 12-08-2007, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPav View Post
Hi, all. I bought my Pilot mainly to listen to audiobooks and watch video. Thanks to this forum, I know the settings I need to convert video to the proper format for viewing.

My problem is that the Rating wheel doesn't seem to be creating bookmarks for me. I go into a song and push it and hold it down, and nothing happens. No context menu or anything.

Any help would be appreciated.
Just a short push. Don't hold it down.

Old 12-09-2007, 11:58 AM

duh@me!

Thanks, digitalq. That was it.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:29 PM

That button takes a little getting used to. I still star rate books from time to time while I'm bookmarking them.