android
Old 12-09-2007, 11:40 AM

Help Stream bluetooth music TO computer

Is there a program that allows music to be streamed from the Pilot to a computer with a bluetooth connection? I have a bluetooth adapter for my computer and was wondering if there was a program that would allow me to play music through my computer speakers from my pilot 'wirelessly'.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-10-2007, 12:38 PM

It depends on the hardware and software of your bluetooth adapter. It needs A2DP profile and the ability to act as an audio gateway. What is the make and model of your adapter?

Old 12-23-2007, 08:42 PM

Sorry, I forgot about my post and don't check these forums too often.

But I have a BlueSoleil USB Dongle Drive. Not sure if that helps or not.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:05 AM
Insignia Moderator

First, Pair your pilot with your PC obviously. Now if you go into "Sounds and audio devices" in the Windows control panel and click the "Audio" tab, then click on the "Recording" drop down list, you should see "Bluetooth Handsfree Audio" or something similar listed. Select it, then click "Apply" and you should now be hearing audio streaming from your Pilot. If that option isn't in the list, make sure you are using the driver from BlueSoleil, and not the generic Microsoft driver.

Old 12-26-2007, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobey View Post
First, Pair your pilot with your PC obviously. Now if you go into "Sounds and audio devices" in the Windows control panel and click the "Audio" tab, then click on the "Recording" drop down list, you should see "Bluetooth Handsfree Audio" or something similar listed. Select it, then click "Apply" and you should now be hearing audio streaming from your Pilot. If that option isn't in the list, make sure you are using the driver from BlueSoleil, and not the generic Microsoft driver.
Thanks for the info. Looks like that would work fine but for some reason I can't get by Pilot to pair with my bluetooth dongle. But I do see all the options you mentioned. Maybe I need to get a new bluetooth adapter...

Old 12-26-2007, 08:45 PM
Insignia Moderator

Hmm, don't know about that. You might try connecting the adapter to a new USB port and/or reinstalling the software. If you do end up getting a new adapter, I swear by this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833158122 The range is amazing (40+ feet) and it always "just works".

Old 06-02-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobey View Post

I'm running with windows. I installed BlueSoleil mobile 6.0 (32 bit ver). I tried it and still nothing. Am I suppose to open up a media player to stream music?

Old 06-05-2008, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokimethios View Post
I'm running with windows. I installed BlueSoleil mobile 6.0 (32 bit ver). I tried it and still nothing. Am I suppose to open up a media player to stream music?
No, the bluetooth should work through the audio system of the PC without needing other applications.