android
Old 02-09-2010, 06:43 PM

Unhappy what's with "DevIcon.fil" & "DevLogo.fil"

My 4 GB Sport 'suddenly' came up with these files in the root of the Internal Storage. They're not too big (about 65 MB) but the Sport tries to PLAY them and freezes (I have read how to fix that, here - and use the advice). But they won't delete, hide or leave me alone! H E L P !

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-09-2010, 08:01 PM

65 MEGAbytes? That's huge. Those files are icons that are used in MTP transfer mode to represent the device graphically in Windows Explorer and such. They should be 65 KILObytes. I'm no Insignia player expert, but are you using MTP or MSC transfer mode (if that player even supports both)?

Old 02-10-2010, 12:46 PM

OOPS, that's 66.0 KB (67,646 bytes) for DevIcon.fil and 3.25 KB (3,331 bytes) for DevLogo.fil. I moved those files to the "Service" folder but they popped up in the root - AGAIN - and they are still in the "Service" folder, TOO!
As for losding the songs, I 'click-and-drag from a folder on my HD - they don't show up there.
I just got done "Synch"ing through WMP 11 with the same result of these odd files!

Last edited by Breglad; 02-10-2010 at 03:54 PM. Reason: tried something else - same result!

Tags
devicon, devlogo.fil